Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
982
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
743

I’ll never leave

Summary:

Summary: Buffy thinks about some of the men in her life while listening to a song.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

I’ll never leave
by Erica
j_a_e_72@yahoo.com.au

 

I wander about the graveyard like I have so many nights before. Tears sliding down my cheeks. I wander no destination in mind, Angel is gone, We haven’t spoken since I came back from the dead, Faith is gone; still locked up, Willow is beyond me, Dawn left town with Spike; he takes good care of her, and Xander, he left me alone here in this world. Its only been a week, I died three nights ago, turned by a master vampire, I couldn’t fight, my reason for living had scattered to the four winds along with my lovers and friends. I can hear a song in the distance, my hearing superior to any being on earth. The sadness haunts me.

God, I feel like hell tonight
Tears of rage I cannot fight
I'd be the last to help you understand
Are you strong enough to be my man?

I loved you even after I found out what you were. I was supposed to kill you, but I never could. You controlled me, and you knew it. I sent you to Hell, but you put me through hell and in the end you weren’t strong enough to control yourself. You left.

Nothing's true and nothing's right
So let me be alone tonight
Cause you can't change the way I am
Are you strong enough to be my man?

Your face, true face, ridges golden eyes, but your body is the same, given pleasure and taken the same. You wanted me to be a normal girl, someone who wasn’t destined to kill you. I would never change. You wanted me malleable, someone to depend on you.

Lie to me
I promise I'll believe
Lie to me
But please don't leave

I tired to believe in us, but it would never be. You lied when you said we were forever, and I did believe, I always believed, I needed someone stronger than me, but mentally you were always weaker.

I have a face I cannot show
I make the rules up as I go
It's try and love me if you can
Are you strong enough to be my man?

I was the slayer, and you a mere soldier.  We should have been together, we matched, and my destiny wasn’t to kill you. After you found out about my other love you couldn’t face me. We made up rules, kill demons and save the innocents. You couldn’t handle Angel; you hated me for him. And after Dracula, you couldn’t stand to look at me. You truly couldn’t love who I was. This man was never strong enough. What is wrong with me?

When I've shown you that I just don't care
When I'm throwing punches in the air
When I'm broken down and I can't stand
Will you be strong enough to be my man?

You were always there, helped me live my life. You propped me up when I was weak. I loved you more than you ever knew, and I couldn’t ever speak of it. You had to stay a friend; I was never good enough for you. Without you I would never of survived, not through the first prophecy.

Eyes, the color of my favorite chocolate, warm rich, full of laughter. You were the only one strong enough to be my man. And you died saving me, strong enough, you survived the longest around me. I should have protected you. But you protected me. You lied and I believed, that you were always be around. That I would go before you. I never told you how much I love you.

I now stand before your grave, blood tears leaving trails down my cheeks, I don’t notice anymore. I have cried every day since you had been taken from me, seven days, only seven days and I couldn’t bear it.

My grave stands beside yours.

Mine reads, Buffy Anne Summers “She Saved the World a lot.”

But your reads

Alexander Lavelle Harris “A Friend in Arms”

No mention of love, and you were, you were my only true love, Xander, the others may have had my body, but you always carried my heart and soul. Only you were strong enough. So courageous, you had to lay your life for me.

Lie to me
I promise I'll believe
Lie to me
But please don't leave

You lied and I believed, that didn’t matter, but you left so I must come to you. I stand before your headstone.

“I love you” Said Buffy, even though she knew her love couldn’t hear her yet, soon enough he would..

She brought the stake she had been carrying and thrust it straight through her heart. The dust settled over the headstone and grass just above her love’s body.

Off in the distance the music stops.

A young girl looks out her window, knowing she will have to patrol soon, there were innocents to save.

She looks further into the cemetery she sees to two figures slowly, dancing a man with dark hair and a blonde haired woman.

“Guess I better tell them its not safe at night.” She murmured softly to herself. She walks down the hallway and out the front door. She sees the two dancing figures, they stop and stand still beside the headstones, and as she draws closer, she can hear their conversation.

“I always loved you, I thought you would never hear me.”

“I told you I would never leave.”

The two figures resumed dancing, she saw them kiss, it was sweet, and it held the promise of forever.

The Slayer sighed knowing she would never find that kind of love, the kind that transcended death, she wasn’t allowed anyone.

The young blonde haired slayer shrugged off her dull thoughts; she had innocents to save, and her first day of school tomorrow.


The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Erica.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.