Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
357
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,026

Thomas' Drug of Choice

Summary:

Summary: Thomas worries over Duchess' reaction as he tries to relax after a play.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Thomas' Drug of Choice
by Pirate Turner

 

        He laid back on his back, his paws arching as he kneaded the empty air, and his eyes drifted shut in rapture. Oh, how he had needed this! It wasn't so bad, he thought hazily, to have only one tiny addiction, was it? Duchess couldn't be too angry if he came home smelling of this drink, nor would their kittens think anything of it. It wasn't as if he was handling the hardcore stuff. He let Scat Cat and the others keep that and had not even so much as touched a paw to it since Duchess had first berated him for coming home high off of the nip. And he didn't do this all the time, just every now and again, after a particularly rowdy playing session.

        "Hey, Thomas, man," drawled the voice next to him, "let it go." He opened one eye to glance at where Scat Cat also lay on his back, but unlike Thomas, who was purrfectly contented to lay still save for his slight kneading and purr, Scat twisted and turned, batting at things Thomas was quite sure only his friend could see. "She ain't gonna care. Duchess' cool."

        Yes, Thomas thought with a rumble in his throat, Duchess was cool. She was cool and beautiful and smart, and she wouldn't care. She'd see that there was no harm in this. He settled back down, suckling the precious, creamy liquid that poured out of the tankard above his head and purring loudly as he let his worries slip away.

        He didn't know where Scat Cat had found this wondrous, new, vanilla Brer Rabbit, and he doubted the character of the same name could taste as good. Indeed, he doubted anything could, even the ambrosia the Gods Themselves feasted upon, and he was thankful for every tiny drop that hit his curling, pink tongue. He continued to drink, pausing only for the occasional hiccup and burp, as minutes passed into hours until the most pleasant, peaceful sleep he'd had all week claimed him and sent visions of Duchess to dance in his elated mind.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.