Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
2,395
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
897

Like Angels paintin' the sky

Summary:

Summary: Remy and Logan take Alisa on vacation.

Work Text:

 
Like Angels paintin' the sky
by BJ

 

Remy was a happy man.

He dreamt of days like this as a child when he needed to escape the harsh realities of life. He dreamt that one day he'd come here and see if what he heard was true, that dreams really DO come true. For him they had. He had everything he ever wanted, a real family. Logan and Alisa made him complete.

*****

When they arrived at the school to pick up Alisa, Rebecca LeFay her private nurse, met them at the door. " Mr. LeBeau, please talk to your sister. I wanted to help her pack but she refused. She insisted she could do it herself and well...you'll see."

Remy and Logan hurried to Alisa's room. Had she hurt herself? Was the suitcase too heavy for her still weak arms? They arrived at the door and stopped short, Alisa was sitting on her bed, a huge smile on her face, beside the largest suitcase either of them had ever seen. Remy couldn't hold back the chuckle that bubbled up out of him. " 'lisa? Peanut? Y' think y' got 'nough stuff there?"

Logan walked into the room and kissed the young girl on the top of the head then tried lifting the monster luggage, "Kiddo? I don't think the plane will be able to take off. How 'bout we open it up and see if maybe we can leave some of this home."

Alisa looked stricken. If her suitcase was too heavy for the plane to take off they couldn't go on vacation together! She'd have to stay behind!

Remy saw the beginnings of panic and quickly sat beside his sister, " He didn' mean it like that
Peanut." He stroked her cheek and kissed her softly. " Logan gotta carry the suitcases b'cause I can' and he's jus' bein' a lazybones." He hugged her and rolled his eyes with a smile at Logan over her shoulder, " Y' think y' can help 'im out by maybe lettin' me help y' repack this?"

" I forgot. 'M sorry. Y' c'n help m' pack an' I c'n carry m' own suitcase, would dat help Uncle Logan?" She looked hopefully up at her cherished Uncle Logan. She felt sad, she hated when she forgot things like Remy not being able to lift anything.

Logan smiled and bent to kiss her again. " You sure are a smart girl, that would be great. Better get a move on though, we got a plane to catch."

The suitcase, now much lighter because all Alisa's winter clothes and shoes and boots and all her stuffed animals but Mr. Kitty Head were back in her closet, was a challenge for her but Remy and Logan smiled and walked behind her as she determinedly pulled it out to the car.

Logan opened the door for her and took the suitcase from her hands, "Y're such a good helper, thanks pip-squeak." Alisa was all smiles again as she climbed into the car and Logan walked to the back to put the bag in the car, " Sorry Rem, I didn't mean t' upset the kid."

Remy kissed his lover and turned him by the shoulders to look in the rental, " Look at 'er, she's so happy Cher. Merci f' doin' this f' me...f' US."

*****

Remy sighed and looked around, right now they were on the Carousel. Alisa was on the outside on a painted white horse with flowers all through it's mane. Her shiny auburn hair was tied up in the ribbons that Logan gave her on their last visit to her school and her smile was as bright as the sun. Logan sat dutifully beside her on a grey stallion with one hand resting gently against her back in case she should slip. Remy had to chuckle at the change that came over his lover when he was with Alisa, he was her protector and guardian and heaven help anyone who dare say or do anything to upset her! Although he thought it impossible, Remy loved him even more with that thought.

*****

"Uncle Logan, d' y' t'ink m' broder is havin' fun? He can' ride all de rides like we can," Alisa asked
concerned. She was reveling in this chance to help Logan take care of her brother. She even had a nurses hat that she borrowed from Rebecca she would put on in the hotel when she thought he looked tired or if he showed any hint of pain. Remy always took care of her and now it was her turn to return that care. She took the job very seriously.

" If you're happy, he's happy darlin. So you have as much fun as you can okay because I know for a fact that it makes him feel better." Logan smiled and rubbed up and down her back gently. The bond between brother and sister was stronger than his adamantium bones. Never in all his long life had he come across a love so strong. Watching them together was awe inspiring and he felt honored that they included him in that bond.

" I can do dat!" Alisa answered, happy to know that she was helping.

The ride slowed and finally stopped and Logan helped her down from her steed, "lets go get a drink and check on him okay?"

*****
 
" Big broder!"

Remy was snapped from his thoughts by the call and he turned to the voice and smiled, " Hey Peanut, y' havin' fun?"

Alisa was all smiles as she and Logan walked to where Remy sat. Logan held a soda in one hand and Alisa's small hand in the other. "We had to ride it THREE times."

Logan let her hand slip from his as they approached and Alisa threw herself into Remy's open arms," Oh broder it was so fun! We were goin' 'round and 'round and Uncle Logan said he was dizzy but I wasn' and dere wasn' a line so de man say we can stay on an'-"

" Have a drink darlin," Logan said as he handed her the cup. "She would have stayed on forever but I told her we should come check on you."

" Are y' okay big broder? Here, y' look like y' need a drink."

Remy took the offered cup and sipped from it, "Merci nurse 'lisa. I'm doin' fine." Remy glanced up at his lover and smiled, since they arrived three days ago Alisa had really started to open up. She was
overwhelmed at first by the crowds and the noise but once she understood that Logan and her brother would always be with her and never leave her alone in the huge place she had taken to it like a duck to water. " So where you two off to next?" Logan was playing mother hen and refused to allow him to ride anything with warnings about neck or back injuries so he was forced to sit and play camera man while Logan escorted Alisa on the rides.

" Ovah dere! Uncle Logan, can we ride dat one?" Alisa was pointing at the Jungle Cruise.

" Sure pip-squeak, your brother can ride that one with us." He looked down at Remy and was glad to see that he was looking better. When Remy suggested that they take a short vacation Logan was instantly concerned. He knew that the PT his young lover was undergoing would be hard but he didn't expect it to take so much out of the kid. Logan went with him every other day to the gym where Hank would have Remy go through a rigorous set of exercises that were designed to strengthen his injured back and leg as much as possible. They would have been nothing to the boy just a few months ago. Now however, he left the gym shaking and leaning heavily on the crutches he would need for the rest of his life. Logan remembered the shock he felt when it finally sank in to his thick skull just how badly injured Remy really was. He knew that the kid would be on the inactive list for a long time after the fall but he assumed that he would make a full recovery. When he finally saw him again after he returned from Muir the true extent of the debilitating injuries was impossible to ignore. Remy was handling it well, he seemed to have finally come to terms with everything.

Alisa was tugging on their hands, "Come on, lets go."

" Y' heard th' boss," Remy said and kissed her cheek, "C'mon 'lisa before he change his mind an' makes me watch this one too." With that brother and sister were off leaving Logan with an empty cup and four bags full of souvenirs.

*****

It was the last evening of their vacation and Alisa was in the bathroom getting all dressed up for a
surprise that Remy had arranged while Logan kept her busy earlier in the week. " Can y' help m' wit' de buttons broder?"

" Come here peanut o' course I c'n help." he buttoned the back of her dress and turned her around, " Cher, look."

Logan turned and a warm smile lit his face. The young girl was beautiful. The dress Remy picked out for her was perfect and he had braided ribbons to match into her hair. " You are prettier than a
sunset," he told her in all honesty. It was true, a hint of the beauty she would have been if not for
Creed shone through. He glanced at his young lover and saw a deep, soul wrenching sadness hidden under his smile and knew he saw it too.

There was a knock on the door and Logan looked through the peep hole, " It's for you kiddo."

He moved over beside Remy and gave him a quick hug and kiss as Alisa opened the door and gasped, Cinderella stood there in her long flowing gown, behind her were servers with shiny silver trays full of Alisa's favorite foods. " Alisa? I'm here to have dinner with you."

*****

Logan couldn't draw his eyes away from the pair beside him. They stood on the balcony of their hotel room watching the fireworks, but try as he might his eyes kept drifting to his lover and Alisa. No show on earth could compare to the look of wonder in their eyes. They seemed to have forgotten he was even standing there, but that was okay. They were talking quietly, strengthening the already unbreakable bond between them.

When the show was over they re-entered their room and Alisa went into the bathroom to change into her nightgown. Remy followed and stood behind her brushing out her long, silky hair. " Time t' go t' sleep Pumpkin, we gotta go home in th' mornin'."

Alisa tried to hide a yawn, "D' we have t'? I wanna stay here. People are nice an' dey don' look at m' funny."

Remy looked at her reflection in the mirror and kissed the top of her head. He'd noticed it too, very few people seemed to see the horrible scars on her face and arms. " Sorry p'tite, Logan's gotta get back. We can come back again, or maybe go some place different. I got more time now, we're gonna be spendin' a lot more time together."

She turned and hugged her brother before moving to her bed and climbing under the sheet, " I really loved de fire lights, it was like Angels paintin' de sky," she said as another yawn snuck up on her from nowhere.

Remy smiled and pulled the sheets up, tucking them around his sister so she felt safe and warm, " I couldn've said it better if I tried." He sat on the edge of her bed brushing through her hair with his
fingers, until her breathing deepened into bright, sweet dreams.

*****

Much later that night Logan and Remy sat snuggled together in their bed. " How did you do it? How'd ya get Cinderella to come up to the room," Logan asked.

Remy snuggled closer in the warm circle of Logan's arms and sighed, " I wanted it to be special. I wanted her to have a perfect memory, something that would always make her smile no matter what. I jus' waited 'til y' were in a line that would take a while an' made a few calls.I think watchin' th' fireworks with us is what she'll remember though."

Logan was sure it was what he'd remember. His little family was happy, that was more important than anything else he could imagine at the moment. " Y're too good t' be true sometimes kid. Thanks for makin' me do this." He kissed the younger man and helped him to lay down then rolled over so he was looking into his beautiful eyes. "I never thought I could feel this complete."

" I'll always try t' be what y' need Cher. Me an' 'lisa are y' family now...if y'll have us." His eyes
were filled with a love so deep that Logan was at a loss for words. He didn't think Remy would mind, words couldn't say what he felt in his heart and he intended to prove that to the young Cajun everyday for the rest of his life.

end 

Note: They do have Character meals at Disney but I don't think you can actually get private meals, it worked for the story though. The fireworks were so beautiful! They really DID bring tears to my eyes.
 

END TORTURE.