Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
12,620
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,123

Falling From Grace

Summary:

Xander's return brings changes to Angel Investigations and Sunnydale. His arrival bringing out the darkness in everyone's souls.

Work Text:

Falling From Grace
by Shadith
Disclaimer: Not mine, but I can dream.
Rating: NC-17
Spoilers: General S5 Buffy; S2 Angel Category:
Xander/Nick/Lindsey; Xander/?
Feedback: I'm begging here. You wouldn't want me to cry.
Author's Notes: Sequel to Reborn. (Story line is pretty much canon w/ the exception of no Darla.)
Many thanks to Michelle and Sandra. If anything's screwed its cause I'm stubborn and sometimes I don't listen.

 

Cordelia flipped restlessly through the photo album on the desk. She'd been feeling nostalgic for the past week. She couldn't believe she actually missed Sunnydale.

At least be honest with yourself.

Cordelia sighed softly. She didn't miss Sunnyhell, as the blonde with the bad dye job called it. She missed Xander.

There was that so hard to admit? Hell yeah.

She'd called him not even a month after she'd settled in L.A.-- only to have his father tell her he had no idea where the hell his son was. Giles had finally thought to tell her he was in prison but only after he'd been there a couple of months. By the time she'd gotten enough cash to get out to see him he was gone. Released.

Then everything had gotten hectic and her worry about Xander had been pushed to the back of her mind.

When everything had finally calmed down, she'd called Sunnyhell again. Only to find that Xander had never gone home. That's when she'd started worrying. After several months had gone by with no word from her ex she'd approached the others about his disappearance.

No one seemed too worried. In fact several comments suggested they were glad he was out of harms way. Later after she'd gotten a few paychecks from Angel-- she'd hired a PI.

However, he hadn't found anything. As the months went by she'd gotten more and more discouraged. Finally, last week, she'd ended her search. Certain that if Xander was still alive he'd come home eventually. If he wasn't... she didn't want to know.

Pushing the album away, Cordelia stood heading towards Angel's office. She paled as the vision hit a hideous swirl of blood soaked images battering at her mind. Her tortured screams shattered the early morning silence.

Angel rushed from the office followed by Wesley. He caught her limp form just before she collapsed in a shivering heap.

"Cordelia what..."

The former cheerleader turned seer stared up at the vampire blinded by the tears pouring down her cheeks.

"Xander," she whispered before blacking out. Angel and Wesley stared at each other, stunned by news of the missing slayerette.

Angel and Wesley stood outside the imposing stone building watching the odd mix of humans and demons as they waited for entrance.

"Cordelia, I want you to stay in the car. No matter what."

The ex-May queen sat, still shaken, in the front seat having refused to be left at the office. Cordelia shrugged listlessly, as if not quite in control of her emotions yet.

"Sure, Angel. Whatever, just hurry."

Nodding, Angel turned to enter the club with Wesley trailing behind. Ignoring the line, the vampire made his way to the front door. He stopped startled, when a massive arm blocked his way. "Where do you think you're going?" growled the demon bouncer.

"Inside," snarled Angel. The demon looked severely unimpressed.

"Not without special invite, or waiting in line like everyone else." The immortal sighed, pulling out his wallet.

Wesley stared curiously at the vampire, as he flashed a card at the bouncer. Grinning the huge demon moved back, allowing Angel and the human to enter.

"What was that?" asked Wesley, curious. The older man muttered softly. Wesley's eyebrow's rose, the vampire rarely mumbled. "What?"

Angel sighed, "It's a VIP pass. Got it when I was Angelus. Afterwards it just seemed like a good idea to keep it. In case we needed info or something."

The ex-watcher carefully avoided Angel's gaze. "From an inter-species strip club?" If he'd been able to the immortal would have turned a stunning shade of red.

"Yeah... well it did." They headed deeper into the club. "You remember what Harris looks like, right?" Wesley nodded. "You take east, I'll take west. We'll meet at the backstage entrance in thirty minutes." Nodding again, the ex-watcher took off, as Angel walked away.

Cordelia glanced at her watch again restless, uneasy. The boys had been gone a little over twenty minutes, and she was beginning to wonder what they'd found. Knowing Angel would be upset, she climbed out of the convertible. By passing the front entrance, she skirted around to the back. She moved cautiously, wanting to get to Xander before the others, yet nervous. She'd seen somethings in the vision that she'd forgotten to tell Angel and Wesley.

Yeah forgot. More like couldn't. Maybe it wasn't Xander. Maybe.... Yeah and maybe pigs fly.

Cordelia hoped she'd done the right thing. Shrugging, she dismissed her lingering doubts.

Too late now.

The vampire and the mortal met up just as the lights began to dim.

"Ladies, Gentleman and Others. Welcome to H'aven. Tonight we have a special treat. We promised you... and without further ado... Our very own Fallen Angel." The vampire's eyes shot to the stage, moving closer unconsciously. Music began to pound from the speakers.

A lean, black clad figure stalked onto the stage. Dark eyes caressed the crowd, as he swayed to the slow beat:

Take me down, six underground, the ground beneath your feet.

Laid out low, nothing to go, nowhere a way to meet.

I've got a head full of drought, down here. So far off losing out, round here.

Overground, watch this space,

I'm open to falling from grace.

He slid out into the crowd-- a living shadow. He moved like a lazy hunting cat, sinuously stalking his prey. A quick brush, a soft whisper, a lingering smile. His body pressed against others swift yet torturously slow. As he danced his way through the crowd.

And suddenly he was in front of the vampire, circling him. A touch here, a hand there, a gentle push and Angel bit back a gasp as he felt Xander grind against his ass. Then the mortal was drifting away as the music picked up:

I can see like nothing else, in me you're better than I wannabe.

Don't think 'cos I understand, I care

Don't think 'cos I'm talking we're friends

Overground, watch this space,

I'm open to falling from grace.

Angel trailed behind the mortal, almost hypnotized by wickedly sinful motion, the sensual undulating of the now nearly nude form. Staring at the tight, muscled abs the vampire had to take several deep breaths before he could focus. When the pants flew thorough the air, Angel had to force himself to keep his eyes on Xander's face.

As their eyes met the immortal could see the quiet misery, hidden behind the sexy smile. His pain was an almost tangible thing. The vampire could almost see it breathing. With one last look at Angel, Xander made his way back to the stage. Hopping back up in one swift leap, demonstrating the strength in his long legs as his thigh muscles flexed. Several patrons moaned at the sight, wanting nothing more than a chance to touch that body. As the music began to die away the mortal turned to the crowd dropping to his knees. Staring out into the crowd as if he was singling out everyone and no one. His voice seductively sweet and husky, seemed to wind it's way through the air, stroking everyone who heard it:

Wear me out, scream and shout, swear my time's never cheap.

I take whatever you're giving; not enough,

Overground, watch this space,

I'm open to falling from grace.

Angel watched mesmerized as Xander made his exit. Motioning to the ex-watcher, the vampire ducked behind the stage. Unsure he moved cautiously down the hall, tracking the heady scent of the mortal.

Cringing at the stench, Cordelia crept through the alley. Seeing an open window, she dragged several discarded boxes beneath it. Balanced precariously, she peered into the dressing room, startled she wavered dangerously until catching her balance. Despite what the vision had shown her, she still couldn't believe this was her Xander.

Not this man, whose entire body was an erotic work of art. Mouth a seductive pout, ebony waves contrasting sharply with pale skin. Cordelia stared at him. Hoping against hope that something of the boy she'd loved remained. Then she caught the reflection of his eyes in the mirror. The darkness lurking in the chocolate brown depths. Tears rose in her eyes, seeing something dark and vicious prowl within them. The alien thoughts that drifted behind them, causing shadows to dance across the irises as if they were living things. Dashing them away, she vowed vehemently to herself that she'd do whatever it took to help him. That no matter what she'd still love him. Not sure how much time had passed she hurried down the stack of boxes and out of the alley.

Xander glanced towards the window as a soft smile slid across his face. The demon watching him shivered. Unhappy about helping the mortal. Not sure why he was needed, he simply followed Wolfram & Hart's orders.

Angel paused outside the door. He could here two... three heartbeats. He gestured for Wesley to stay still. Easing up to the slightly cracked door, he peered in. An angry voice drifted out into the hall, followed quickly by a pleading one.

"Please, Master. I only danced like you said. I...."

The sound of flesh striking flesh was brutal, followed by a soft cry. "Little slut. I saw you making eyes at that vampire. Did you think he could help you? Save you from me? You're mine. I bought and paid for you, body and soul."

In the silence there is the sound of a metal chain being yanked, followed by a choking gasp that echoed in the hallway. "Do you think anyone, especially that vampire, cares about you? I could rape you on stage. Beat you raw and all anyone would do is scream for more. Do you understand?" Silence, then the flat sound of flesh striking flesh is heard again.

Wesley winced in sympathy, watching as a pained look crossed the vampire's face. Turning back to the door, he missed the look of longing that followed.

"Do you understand?" This time the reply is quicker.

"Yes. Master."

"Good. You must still be punished. But you know that."

Unable to stand still Wesley moved up beside Angel. He bit back a gasp, when he could finally see what he'd been hearing.

Harris knelt in front of a Valr'ya demon. His long muscular frame covered only by the scars he bore. A choke chain encircled his neck. The leash held firmly by the huge demon. The mortal and vampire watched in disgust and forgotten desire, respectively, as Harris crawled toward the demon head bowed. "Yes, Master. I have been bad. Punish me... please.... Make me hurt, so I'll be good."

Wesley's eyes widened in horrified shock, his heart going out to the wounded boy. Turning to face Angel, he froze at the look on the vampire's face.

Angel watched the scene in agonized lust. Old memories of forbidden pleasures darted through his mind. Scenes very similar to the one before him played across his vision. The rush of power at the subjugation of a soul teased at his senses. He could smell the pre-cum dripping from not only the demon but the mortal as well. Bringing with it the vision of his favorite child crouched at his feet--bloody and beautifully submissive begging for his favor. His demon cried wildly to join in the game. Feeling Wesley's gaze on him, he shook of the memories.

He held up three fingers as the last one went down he kicked open the door. Springing into the room, followed by Wesley.

The Valr'ya leapt at the vampire. Angel dodged its blows easily. He danced around the huge demon, whose bulk kept it from catching the immortal. Angel slipped behind it then leapt onto its back, with one sharp jerk the Valr'ya's neck snapped. Dropping the body, he glanced over at Harris and Wesley. As soon as he looked over, Harris raced for him.

Angel grunted at the impact of the hard male body. He could barely hear the cries of joy, muttered by the boy as he pressed his face into the vampire's chest. Carefully, Angel wrapped his arms around the shaking figure.

"It's all right Xander. You're safe now. We'll take care of you. Everything's okay now." Angel kept whispering words of comfort, while Wesley found clothing for him. When Xander moved away, the vampire had to force himself to let go. He couldn't remember the last time, he'd held something so warm and alive. So needy... helpless... a victim. Prey.

Angel froze then stepped forward motioning the others to follow. He'd ignored Angelus for years, he could do it forever. Or so he thought.

Cordelia leapt from the car, racing to the three. "Xander... Oh my god... what happened," she cried, stroking the damp hair from his face.

Angel caught her hand--not realizing he'd done it until she looked up at him puzzled. He struggled for something to tell her. Other than that he wanted her to stop touching what was his. "He's in shock. It might take him a while to get better," he said, finally. Nodding she helped the shivering mortal into the back seat. Slipping into the drivers' seat Angel gunned the engine, heading back to the hotel.

Xander remained silent as he mindlessly followed directions. Glancing at her ex--who now sat quietly on the lobby stairs--Cordelia turned to Angel. "What are we gonna do with him?"

Angel sighed, "Treat him like normal. The shock should wear off soon."

"Then what?" said Wesley, joining the conversation. "It's not likely he'll be the young man we once knew."

"Then we help him move on... deal with what's happened."

Cordelia stared past the vampire. "What'll we do till then? I guess I could take him home..."

"No! I mean...no. It'd be best if I handled him... it. He knows me so he'd be more comfortable with me than Wesley. And Cordelia your..."

"His ex and female. Are you sure you can handle it?"

Angel glared at her. "Yes, Cordelia. I can handle one shell-shocked human boy."

Cordelia shrugged then headed towards the still form. "Xander. Angel is going to take care of you now. OK? I'll see you tomorrow."

Calling out goodnight, Wesley followed the brunette outside. The vampire stared down at the immobile young man for several minutes. "C'mon we're going to get you cleaned up." Angel tugged gently, leading Xander to the suite of rooms he'd chosen. After turning on the shower, he left the mortal in the bathroom. Aimlessly he wandered, nervously straightening things in the already neat room.

After several minutes of silence, he looked into the bathroom only to find Xander huddled in a corner of the shower, whimpering softly. Sighing, he shucked off his shirt and pants, not wanting to ruin the silk. Climbing in--he reached out pulling the mortal upright. Holding the still form close, he pulled off the soaked clothing. Moving gently, he quickly bathed the lean muscular body. His hands seemingly of their own accord traced the scars gracing the boy's frame. The vampire's fingers stroked the claw mark above his right hip. Caressed the knife wound on his abs. Danced over the lash marks on his back.

Inhaling deeply, Angel purred at the overwhelmingly sweet masculine scent. Unable to stop himself, his hands drifted down to Xander's groin. Cold fingers toyed with the hardening length as he buried his face in the curve of the mortal's neck. Breathing in the living heat, he couldn't help tasting the warm flesh. The vampire licked gently at the pulse, beating beneath his tongue, as he tugged on his cock.

Angel moaned when Xander bucked into his hand. Slowly, wanting to make it last for as long as he could, the vampire teased the younger man's penis. Running his nail over the sensitive head, he pulled at the heavy sac before gripping the shaft firmly. Yanking Xander close, he held him as his hand moved, hard and fast.

Xander jerked in Angel's arms, coming with a slight whimper. The immortal groaned at the heady smell of spent passion, and warm semen. Dropping to his knees he tongued the limp cock, cleaning it of every bit of seed. Xander whimpered louder as he let the spent cock fall from his lips. Hearing him, Angel leapt away. A wave of guilt washing over him.

He couldn't believe he'd done, what he did. He cringed-- not wanting to think about how he'd just taken advantage of the boy. Used him as if he was just some whore.

Prey.

Trying to ignore Angelus' ceaseless whispering, Angel dragged Xander from the shower. He knew why he'd done it, he just couldn't believe he'd done it. But the boy looked so... broken. Staring with big brown eyes that pleaded to be abused.

Perfect victim.

The demon sighed. Something about him cried out to be hurt, dominated. Pale skin, the perfect canvas for torture. It'd bruise so easily... so pretty.... Flesh that practically begged to be marked.

Shaking the invading thoughts from his head, he led the boy to the bedroom. When Xander simply stood, Angel bit back a whimper realizing he was going to have to lead the mortal by the hand. He climbed into the big bed, pulling Xander behind him. He tried to maintain some pretense of distance between them, but the boy's heat beckoned.

He lay shifting restlessly as Xander's breathing slowed until he couldn't ignore the need any longer. Groaning, he turned wrapping his arms around the mortal pulling him close, before finally falling asleep.

Xander had been back for more than a month. And still she'd done nothing.

Cordelia watched and waited.

Growing more certain and yet still confused. He was Xander yet he wasn't. Either way she loved him.

Even now, she watched him from beneath lowered lids as she flipped idly through the magazine in front of her. He'd done nothing to make her doubt him. But there was something she couldn't put her finger on. Just as Angel stood to leave, Xander finished shelving.

When the vampire left, he followed closely behind. She noticed he did that a lot. Like all the time, she thought.

As if he couldn't bear to be more than a foot away from the vampire.

Not that Angel minds.

In fact, the vampire was almost jealously possessive of Xander. Keeping a close eye on his charge. He’d become increasingly possessive over the younger man’s time and attention.

She paused in the middle of that thought, brow furrowing. Thinking carefully, Cordelia went over the last two months. Replaying what seemed like innocent, unimportant actions and events. A vague idea began to form in the brunette’s mind.

Remembering -- how Angel had snapped at her when she suggested Xander might like to live somewhere else. His slow withdrawal from the world. The way he pushed them away yet always wanted to know: Where they were? What they were doing? Who they were seeing?

Cordelia frowned as little things began to add up, making a very unpleasant picture. Things were very wrong... and she was damn sure she knew why. But hell if she knew what she was going to do about it. Sighing, she pushed the disturbing thoughts to the back of her mind, losing herself in a few hours of mindless filing.

Feeling unnerved suddenly she glanced up--eyes locking with Xander’s. Cordelia had no idea how long he’d been there. A wicked smile played at the corners of his mouth before being replaced with the familiar sad pout. Fear rippled along her spine but she stood.

She’d never been a coward and she wasn’t about to start now.

Xander tracked her progress across the room. Wary of the ex-cheerleader. She was always watching him but she did... said... nothing that could be seen as a threat. It worried him she wasn’t behaving how he thought she would. Silently he watched as she only stood before him, seeming to gather her thoughts.

“We need to talk,” she said quietly, looking him straight in the eye. The seer held herself stiffly, not dropping her gaze even as the shadows flitted across his intense stare. Before he could answer, Angel strode into the room carrying an unconscious Wesley, followed by Gunn. Xander turned hurrying to the vampire’s side. Cordelia followed slowly. “What happened?”

“Wolfram and Hart,’ growled Angel. Xander’s eyes hardened for an instant, before softening just as fast.

“Why?” he asked allowing a hint of fear to emerge in his voice. Angel immediately pulled him closer.

“Don’t worry, Xander. I won’t let them hurt you. Your....” The vampire stopped as Angelus whispered in his mind, Mine. “Safe,” he said quickly, then abruptly turned to a waking Wesley. “What happened?”

Cordelia glared at Angel. “Shouldn’t he be in a hospital?”

The ex-watcher sat up carefully, waving away the hovering woman.

“After we were separated, I back tracked through the sewers. Took a right turn, or wrong depending on how you look at it. Because I walked right into the Ca’bal ceremony we were hoping to stop. It was a setup, Angel.”

The vampire’s eyes narrowed dangerously. “They faked it just to catch us?”

Wesley shook his head, “No... no it was very real. But they knew we were coming. The vast amount of weaponry, and warriors was excessive for such a routine ceremony.”

Cordelia frowned puzzled, “How’d you get away?”

Wesley grimaced. “They wanted Angel. When only I showed--they were to say the least disappointed. When I first came to Angel and Gunn were there. Oh and that wanker Lindsey.” Focused on Wesley, both males missed the brief flare of rage in Xander’s gaze. Cordelia didn’t. She saw and memorized it. Never wanting it turned on her.

Gunn shrugged, glancing at his watch. “If that’s it. I’m out,” he said heading for the doors. “Tomorrow Xan-man. 8:00. Sparring. Don’t forget.”

Xander nodded shyly in answer as Angel helped Wesley to his feet. “Cordelia I think it’d be a good idea if you drove Wes home.” Cordelia snorted softly, aware that she was being dismissed even if he was still talking. His attention already on Xander. Cordelia shook her head, helping the ex-watcher to the door. She paused turning back to her ex. “We’ll talk tomorrow, Xan.” Then closed the door behind them.

Angel looked down at the mortal he held tightly. “What was that about?”

Xander shrugged all wide-eyed innocence. “I think she might be a little jealous, but...” He shrugged again, leaving the vampire to draw his own conclusions. When Xander yawned, Angel grinned tugging the tired mortal to their bedroom.

After that first night, Xander had taken to sleeping with him. Having discovered the mortal couldn’t sleep alone without screaming himself awake. Despite his protests Angel had insisted the boy continue to share his bed. Just until the nightmares stopped, of course. At least that was what Angel told himself as he pulled the warm body hard against his.

Restless the vampire pulled himself awake. Something wasn’t right. He sat up realizing it was the absence of a Xander-shaped lump that had disturbed him. Sounds from the bathroom caught his attention. Glancing over at the mortal as he entered the room, Angel bit back a moan as he looked away. Faint beams of early morning sunshine escaped the heavy curtains, dancing over the long frame making Xander’s skin glow golden.

Unable to resist Angel turned back as the last drops of water slid down the muscular chest before disappearing into the towel slung low on his hips. Glancing up his eyes met Xander’s, concern immediately flooded the vampire as the mortal looked away worrying at his lip. Shame and terror vied for space on his expressive features.

Standing he crossed the room, reaching for him only to stop when Xander moved out of his reach. Something was definitely wrong. Xander always let him comfort him. He’d never refused his touch. Angel always touched the boy; the contact soothing them both. “Xan, what’s wrong?”

Beginning to worry as Xander kept backing away, shaking his head violently. “No I can’t. It’s wrong. I’m sorry,” he cried.

Stunned the vampire watched Xander scramble for the door. Just as he pulled it open, instinct took over as Angelus seemed to take control. No! He’s ours. He can’t leave. Angel lunged grabbing the struggling mortal. “Stop it, Xan. Tell me what’s wrong,” barked Angel tightening his hold. “Let me help.”

Xander just struggled harder, until Angel let him go worried he might hurt him. Moving to block the door instead. Xander stared at the vampire eyes pleading. “Please, Angel. Please just let me go. I can’t...”

Can’t let him go. Never let him go, Angelus hissed inside his head. “No, Xander. Just calm down. Tell. Me. What’s. Wrong.”

Xander shook his head, averting his eyes as he huddled in on himself. Then... “You’ll hate me,” he whimpered.

“No... no,” cooed Angel moving towards him. “Nothing you could do.. say... would make me hate you.” Dark brown eyes wide with fear and self-loathing focused on him, begging it to be true. “Nothing,” insisted the vampire. Arms wrapped around the cowering young man; Xander shuddered once before giving in relaxing in the embrace. He stroked the trembling back silently encouraging him to speak.

“Tried to stop, Angel. Really I tried,” he whimpered.

“Stop what, mine?” asked the vampire the endearment so soft it should have been unintelligible to the mortal. Hearing it Xander buried his head in the curve of Angel’s shoulder.

“Dirty. Nasty. Wrong.” he hissed before beginning to struggle again. “I’m....”

Angel purred softly, “Please.” The vampire rocked him, trying to stop the violent shakes. Finally.

“Need it. Need to be punished. Used like the whore I am,” he screamed in disgust. Suddenly clawing at the vampire. Shocked he let go.

Xander stumbled nearly falling then bolted for the door. Stunned by his confession, Angel could only stare giving Xander a good head start. Pushing away the swell of wants his words caused, Angel rushed after him. Too late as Xander slipped out into the morning sun. “Xander,” growled Angel hovering just beyond the deadly beams.

Xander stopped just outside the door, staring at him eyes bright with unshed tears. “Shouldn’t want it. You’ve been so good. Shouldn’t want you to hurt me,” he yelled at the vampire. Angel kept to the shadows looking for away to drag him back in. Shame flared white hot as he dropped his head; looking away. “But I do! Sick... so sick,” he sobbed before taking off.

Angel howled as Angelus raged in his head.

The door was open when he arrived.

Lindsey grunted as his head rocked to the side.

Xander kicked the door shut, back-handing him with enough strength to knock him to his knees. Lindsey bit back a scream as the blows rained down. Whimpering he curled into a ball until they slowed, then stopped. Mind randomly cataloging his injuries, Bruised ribs. Fractured jaw. Assorted torn muscles. Lindsey remained motionless. Knowing it wasn’t over. He wasn’t foolish enough to believe that. Not after what he’d done. He knew Xander wouldn’t be pleased. Knew he’d be punished. He didn’t bother begging for forgiveness as Xander collared him. Fingers entrenched in the mop of mink hair, he dragged the shorter man into the bedroom.

“Strip,” growled Xander.

Hampered by his injuries; he moved slowly. Too slowly.

Xander lunged forward; tearing the suit off, knocking him onto the bed in almost one move. Lindsey fought the urge to curse as his ribs were jarred by the fall. Hearing the night-stand draw open and close, he uttered a fervent prayer. Please let there be lube.

The rage in Xander’s eyes telling him there would be no respite even if there wasn’t. Grunting as he was grabbed in a bruising hold, then yanked to his knees. He sighed in relief when he felt the wet slide of lube on his hole.

Only to scream in pain as Xander slammed inside without warning. Tears slid down his face as flesh tore. Low growls rumbled in his as ear as his lover pounded into him. Brutal strokes burned in the tight channel. Stretching it by force. Lindsey moaned riding the pain, thrusting back against the invading cock. Xander shuddered riding his lover hard, thrusting into the heat. Lindsey mewled as his cock rammed against the bundle of nerves. Rocking is hips he rubbed against the sheets, whimpering at the lack of friction. The quiet whimpering, submissive squirming beneath him quickly drove the dark-eyed mortal over the edge. Howling he plunged deeper cumming in gut-wrenching spurts. Lindsey forced back a whine as Xander withdrew. Blood-tinged seed spilled from the stretched hole. Xander purred, sated for the moment. Pulling Lindsey close he dropped off.

Lindsey lay still, fighting the urge to rub against him until he came.

He woke abruptly, nerves screaming--body aching to find Xander watching him. Shooting up he crawled onto Xander’s lap. “I’m sorry, Master,” he sobbed. Xander remained silent. Mewling softly, he nuzzled into the curve of Xander’s neck. “I’ll never do it again. Never disobey again. Please forgive me,” he whined.

Xander placed a finger over the still begging mouth. Hyena and solider both in agreement. Punishment was harsh, and unfair. “I’m sorry, Lin,” he said gently. “I shouldn’tve...”

Lindsey jerked away; looking up at his lover. “No. Xander I was wrong. You gave strict orders not to interfere with your pursuit of the vampire,” he said bowing his head. “I should never have allowed Lilah to goad me into going against you.” Licking supplicatingly at the mouth before him, Lindsey offered his throat. “Should be punished.”

Xander shook his head sliding his hand down to the hardening cock; grasping it firmly. “And that’s why I’m sorry,” he said looking into the silver-blue eyes. “Punishment was only a small part of it.”

The shorter man groaned pushing his hips into Xander’s grip. “Why, Master?”

Nipping at the pale length of neck, Xander snarled. “Fucking Angel. Fucking plan. Tired of pretending to be submissive. Needed to feel Alpha again.” He pulled away to look him in the face. “Was gonna explode.”

Lindsey nodded in understanding. “Did it help?” he moaned as the younger man tugged at his member.

Whimpering he rocked his hips against Xander, leaving a sticky trail of pre-cum on the warm flesh. Xander nodded, sucking at his lover’s bottom lip. “Then good,” he sighed as Xander pushed him onto his back. Sliding down the smaller man’s frame, he licked then kissed every welt, every bruise. Settling between his thighs, he pulled open the smooth globes, sucking gently at the abused flesh. Lindsey thrust back against the probing tongue. Grunting as it pushed inside he hissed in pain.

Xander drew back muttering indecipherable words. Lindsey’s eyes widened at the odd tingle shifting along his spine. Forgetting it as the tongue returned without pain this time. He writhed beneath the double assault. Xander’s tongue in his ass, large rough hands on his cock.

Taking one last lick the dark-eyed man moved to the weeping head of his lover’s dick. Tongue darting over it, then pushing into the slit. Lindsey wailed as he swallowed him down. Teeth dragging against the sensitive length as he pulled back to suck at the head. Throat muscles contracting as he swallowed again. Large, blunt finger pushing against the tight pucker, seeking entrance. Sliding, rubbing just there as Xander sucked. Head slammed back against the bed, body straining as he lost control. Thrusting deep into the wet throat, long ropes of semen flooded Xander’s still sucking mouth. He never let up; long wet licks, teasing bites, slide of hands along Lindsey’s cock and he was hard again.

Then Xander was rolling over. “In me.” Lindsey’s eyes widened at the words, a pleasure he’d not had often. Eager fingers sliding to the tight hole, teasing at it before ducking his head to taste. Moaning at the musky taste of his lover’s ass, gathering the wetness from his hard cock he slicked the opening. Pushing in one... two... fingers as Xander grunting harshly bucked under him. Another finger and Xander was growling, “now.”

Lindsey thrust, hissing in pleasure. Tight squeeze of muscle driving him mad. Already on the edge, knows he won’t last long. Thrusting deep, pounding into the body beneath him. Arms corded, head thrown back as he rode his lover harder, faster... Pushing back as Lindsey thrust forward, Xander groaned panting. Lindsey howled as his cock was pulled deeper, the tight channel squeezing him hard. Hips jerking, he rammed in again and again as his seed flooded Xander’s ass. “Xander!” The strangled scream made its way out of his throat as he came, collapsing bonelessly onto the younger man. Hard length pressing against his belly, and he’s not so tired. Sliding down and he’s taking it in. Reveling in the familiar essence. Talented tongue, and supple fingers and he’s rewarded with a thick load of his lover’s semen. Cleaning the spent cock lovingly before crawling back up and settling against Xander’s chest. Satiated, content sleep pulls at him, but he doesn’t want to go.

Xander leaned down kissing his forehead. “Sleep, Lin. I’m not going yet.”

Lindsey watched him get dressed. One o’ clock. They'd had three hours together. Not enough. Not enough by any standard. “How long?” And there’s a world of questions in those two words.

“Maybe months. Maybe not.”

Lindsey sighed. He doesn’t now if he can stand being apart so much. Xander reached out trailing a finger across the pouting mouth. “Angel’s almost there. Wes is next. Cordy’s become an unknown.” A smug grin slid across the handsome face. “She’s intriguing. Not behaving like I’d thought.”

Worried he scoots closer, wrapping his arms around the larger man’s waist. “Is she going to be a problem?” Xander shook his head, carding his fingers through Lindsey’s hair.

“No. It’s too late too save him now.” Cupping his chin, he tilted Lindsey’s head up. “Has the firm had the shroud transported to the museum like I ordered?” Lindsey nodded, snuggling closer.

“How’s Nick?” he asked as Lindsey rubbed his face across his crotch.

“Pouting but fine,” he said nuzzling at Xander’s groin. “Misses you. When will you come again?” Xander grinned pushing back from the older man.

“Soon you keep doing that. But really its to early to tell. There’s always the slight possibility one of them will get wise to my game. So probably not till the soul’s gone.” Pulling him to his feet, Xander hugged him close, sniffing along his jaw burying his face in the thick mane of hair. Burning him into his memory until next time.

“Come on love. Walk me to the door. Time to face Queen C. ”

Cordelia lounged back against the bench--ordering without glancing at the menu. The very picture of cool, calm, and collected. She was a nervous wreck. Things were rotten in the city of Los Angeles. And apparently only she noticed. Cordelia looked up to find the main source of her problems wending his way toward her. She watched as even the owner deferred to him.

Spago’s was not your ordinary restaurant and this obvious deference gave credence to her worries.

Xander insisted they eat before discussing anything. He was starved, but spending anytime with his lover pretty much guaranteed that. Cordelia tried not to moan in delight as she taste the lobster bisque. She succeeded, barely.

It’d been so long. And she so loved life’s luxuries. Several minutes passed in quiet as the two ate their fill. Accepting the glass of champagne from the maitre’d she turned to Xander.

“I looked for you,” she said quietly. “I hired a detective. I even called your godforsaken parents. Willow, Giles, Buffy.... even went to the jail.” She waited for him to say something. When nothing was forthcoming she plunged on. “Was scared you’d died. That I’d never get the chance to say... I’m sorry... that I loved you. That I still love you.” Xander’s eyebrows rose at that admission but he didn’t speak.

“Got a vision. Powers not real bright. They show me you... too late to save you,” she said a single tear sliding down her face. Xander reached out wiping away the tear.

“Who said I wanted to be saved.”

Cordelia caught his hand before he could pull away. Staring into the unfathomable eyes. “They want you dead.” Xander smirked.

“A lot of people do. I don’t see it happening,” he hissed voice cold, lethal. “What do you want, Cordy? Why all this? You wanna be bad?” He waited as she merely looked at him. Silence filled with the heavy, convoluted thoughts screaming through her brain. Hellmouth, apocalypses, death, Ms. Calendar, Harmony, Buffy, Faith, Wesley, Gunn, Doyle, Angel, Angelus... and Xander. It always came back to Xander. Only person she’d ever truly loved, who’d opened her heart to different, better things.

“I want you to love me again.” Voice trembling with a tidal wave of emotions but gaze steady, clear.

Solider whispered of tactical advantages, the Hyena of approval and respect for another strong bitch. What did he see?

A pig-tailed brunette laughing as he pushed her on the swings, regret-filled hazel eyes as she turned her back on him, delicate scent of sandal wood and soft skin as they kissed, the girl he’d spilled his secrets too -- who’d kept them despite the pain he’d caused her. Xander saw the woman who loved him. No matter what. His Cordy. Never anybody else’s.

“Never stopped,” he said slowly, “But that was then, this is now.” Pain tore at her heart as she reached for him pleadingly. “No---” He shushed her, placing a finger over her lips. “Love doesn’t conquer all. It won’t make this all better. Good won’t win,” he said vehemently. “My world now. My rules.”

The seer locked eyes with him. Wondering if the Powers had foreseen this. She doubted it. Doubt they knew the fate of the world would be determined not by the battle between Good & Evil. But by something much simpler yet infinitely more powerful. Who did she love more?

“Angel....” whispered Cordelia, dropping her gaze. Xander shook his head. “Is lost. It is inevitable.” Cordelia bit back a sob. Angel was family. Angel had been there after Doyle... when she’d been infected... he was the best part of her new life.

“Choose, Cordelia.” he said standing. “Run... if you can’t handle this. Run and don’t look back. Stay. Stay and die or join me. But make no mistake there will be no quarter given. I will show no mercy.” She shuddered at the utter indifference in his voice. Xander moved to her side. Brushing the short strands of hair from her face, he stared deep into the hazel eyes. Leaning closer he brushed a gentle kiss across the trembling lips. “You have 24 hours.”

Cordelia sat dazed watching him walk away. Fighting the despair that welled up in her. Tears slid down her face as she dropped her head onto the table and sobbed.

Wesley watched the vampire leave with Gunn reluctantly. Angel's frustration readily apparent. Xander had taken off and there was nothing he could do about it. Angel didn't have clue the first where he could be. And as the daylight hours faded with still no sign the vampire's agitation grew. Cordelia's conspicuous absence hadn't helped either. When night finally fell the vampire had dragged him and Gunn into the search. It was only after several hours of useless wandering that Gunn was able to get Angel's agreement to help with his little problem.

It had taken much reassuring and coercing but they'd finally left to meet Gunn's cousin Lester.

Wesley jumped startled by the phone. He glanced around sheepishly before realizing there was no one there to see him. Snatching up the phone, he was less than surprised to hear Angel on the other end. "Xander there?"

Wesley refrained from sighing. "Not yet, Angel. How did it go with Gunn's cousin?"

Angel's reply was a vague and distracted. "Fine. Group of thieves is planning to steal something from a local museum. It's probably something with mystical power, which means something we really don't want them to have."

Wesley bit down harder on his lip. "Indeed! Do you know which museum they will be targeting?" He could almost see the vampire shrugging.

"No. Gunn's cousin didn't know. He's just the driver. Are you sure he didn't call?"

Wesley could swear his lip was going to start bleeding. "I'm sure. We should find out which museums in the area have recent acquisitions."

Angel sighed heavily.

"Keep looking for him okay, Wes?" The ex-watcher held the phone away from his ear, staring at it as if it were some exotic yet disgusting new bug.

"Sure, Angel. Will do."

Despite his promise to keep looking for the boy, Wesley booted up the computer. He had other important things to do besides searching for a grown man who'd left of his own free will. He'd decided finding out what the demon's were up to at the museum took precedence over the missing man.

And it had nothing to do with the fact that the boy worked him the wrong way. Or at least it was only a small part of it.

The ex-watcher's mind wandered as he waited for he computer to find the information he needed. Angel's behavior of late had been bothering him. The absolute focus on Xander's well being. The mood swings, the territoriality all screamed danger to the ex-watcher. At first he'd thought he was over-reacting. But little by little the vampire's actions had betrayed him. Yet that wasn't what bothered him. Oh, no. No. It was his own motives he questioned. For if the vampire's behavior betrayed his obsession, so did Wesley's.

For not once had he spoken of his suspicions. Instead he watched jealously. And yes he could admit it, but only because he could no longer deny it. He coveted Xander's place. Longed to be the object of Angel's intense obsession. Envying him Angel's affections. Cordelia had thought him toadying but he'd meant what he'd said. He was Angel's faithful servant. And he'd do... give... anything for his Master's love.

He'd never allowed himself to contemplate being the vampire's. Not with Angel's mission, their history, and the slayer between them like a pink elephant. So he'd pushed it away. Ignored it. But Xander's reappearance was a threat to his admittedly fragile control. He'd longed for those large hands on his body.

Now every bit of praise, every touch, every look between the two ate at his heart.

The arrival of the two wayward members of their little family pulled him from his thoughts. For the first time since all of this had begun he really looked at Cordelia. The seer looked off. There was something different about her. Dismissing the irksome thoughts he turned to the focus of his recent misery. Once again stamping down the surge of irrational jealously. "So where have you two been?" Voice tinged with just the smallest hint of irritability. He watched as Xander backed away, flushing a frightening shade of red.

"H-h-had some things to think about," he said flinching as if expecting one of them to take a swing at him for that offense. He backed away from them slowly as if he thought they'd turn on him if he looked away. "I'll be in my room."

Wesley watched him hurry away. His brows narrowed as the distinct feeling of being toyed with surfaced briefly. Shaking his head over the unlikely idea, he looked back at Cordelia. Studying her it finally dawned on him what was different. "What happened...?"

Cordelia froze, panic rising in overwhelming waves. Too soon. Too soon, she thought frantically. She needed time. Time to think, plan the few hours she'd had were nowhere near enough. Nails digging in her palms she turned to face Wesley. "What?" she asked struggling to keep her voice nice and calm.

"To your head?" he finished, circling the brunette.

"Excuse me?" squeaked Cordelia thrown completely off-balance.

"Your hair. It's new. It's great! When did this happen?" He pulled at a strand. She closed her eyes briefly in relief, letting go of the terror that had suddenly gripped her. She fought back the urge to giggle hysterically.

"Ten days ago," the seer said relaxing, hands unclenching.

"Of course. I didn't want to embarrass you by...." he shrugged helplessly.

"Noticing," she snapped as her nerves began screaming in pain. Cordelia glanced down to see blood pooling in the half-moons in her palms. She'd sliced open her own flesh unconsciously.

The ex-watcher had the grace to look abashed. "Where's Angel? I thought I might check on him. He doesn't seem to be doing much with his time lately." Wesley allowed himself a pity sigh before answering.

"Au contrarie. His day is packed. Brood about Xander. Search for Xander. Followed by a little Xander brooding. Before being dragged out by Gunn. And OH! Brood about Xander again."

"Why?" asked Cordelia, shooing Wesley away from her computer. Ignoring the tinge of bitterness in his voice. She didn't have time for his neurosis. She had to hang on, just a little longer. She was determined not to fall apart. She'd approach this liked she did everything else. Her own way. And for now it was regulated to the back burner. Let it simmer there for awhile.

"Gunn's cousin got involved in something rather unhealthy. Unhealthy being illegal." Reluctantly he moved away, perching behind her. "We need to find out which museum their going to hit and why?"

Cordelia nodded already surfing the net. "Museums, museums. Okay, we've got the Moca. We've got the Lacma. Uh, the Gene Autry!" Wesley eyed her incredulously. "Well, it could be a magical stuffed horse!" He shook his head sighing.

"Let's assume not, and try Natural History."

With a few clicks the seer brought the site up. "Okay, here we go. Site map - membership - museum shop... don't they have a section like - things you might want to steal?" Wesley rolled his eyes.

"Click on recent acquisitions. Right there. There!"

She bit back a growl, clicking on the button. "I got it! Jeez, back seat surfer!"

Wesley glanced up at the clock, then over to the door. "Angel should've been back by now." The seer shrugged pointing at the screen.

"Maybe the meeting ran late. Could it be a collection of Chelicerate arthropods?"

"Keep going. - Hold it. On the third of this month, museum research department received the Shroud of Rahmon from a tomb recently unearthed by University of New Mexico archeologists, donated by Wolfram and Heart."

She bit back a curse staring at words that gave her a bad case of the wiggins. "Okay. Two words I don't like right off the bat: tomb and unearthed. People, you've got to leave your tombs earthed!"

Wesley stared at the screen slightly puzzled. "Shroud of Rahmon. Never heard of it."

She gave him a disgusted look. " Like I have. I'm not big on shrouds. They're an after you die outfit."

Wesley turned heading for Angel's bookshelves. "Get everything you can from the museum database, I'll hit the books."

Wesley walked into the lobby reading from a book. "Found it. The shroud was woven by the head priest, said to have been driven mad by the demon himself. Once Rahmon was defeated the priest dyed the shroud with the blood of seven virgin women sacrificed on the first full moon. Then laid it upon Rahmon's body in order to prevent his resurrection."

Cordelia glanced up that little fact bothering her. Seemed women were always getting the short end of the stick. "Why is it always virgin women who have to do the sacrificing?"

Shrugging the ex-watcher continued reading. "For purity, I suppose."

The seer frowned slightly. "This has nothing to do with purity. This is all about dominance, buddy. You can bet if someone ordered a male body part for religious sacrifice the world would be atheist like that." The sound of snapping fingers punctuating her statement.

"The shroud supposedly absorbed Rahmon's power." Wesley continued as if she hadn't spoken.

"So, he who has the shroud has the power. You said Rahmon was a drive-you-mad kind of fella?" Wesley looked up, nodding briefly. "Then let me see if I got this right? In order to take his mind off the torment that is Xander---we sent Angel after a box that makes you crazy."

Wesley nodded again not liking where his thoughts were taking him. "Worst case scenario, we warn Angel off it before they steal the shroud."

She nodded in agreement. "Just as soon as he comes back - unless of course - they're stealing it right now."

Exchanging worried looks they broke for the door.

From where he stood on the staircase, Xander watched grinning widely.

Angel entered the vault as the Bar'tov demon closed the door again behind him. Momentarily frozen by the tomb, Angel could only stare. Angelus scrambled inside nearly hollowing in glee as the bindings on his prison loosened.

The vampire cocked his head, trying to understand what the low whispering means. Not recognizing it as Angelus' voice unencumbered for once. He should be ours. Should be. Finish this. Find him.

Taking a deep breath, he shook his head as he turned back towards the box---eyes wide open.

For a moment they turn gold as Angelus gained a better hold, but Angel shook it off with some effort as his eyes turned brown again. Still, Angelus purred pleased with his new freedom.

It was only a matter of time.

Cordelia and Wesley stared at the open door with a mixture of dread and unease. Angel was somewhere inside this very museum about to be... possibly all ready... exposed to a magic that would drive him insane. There was nothing for it but to try and contain the damage.

"We have to find him." He reached to open the door staggering into Cordelia, as his senses are bombarded by a rolling wave of power. Wes shuddered as he straightened. "Sorry. I-I'm feeling a little..." He trailed off giving a little negligent wave.

Cordelia shook her head, looking slightly dazed. "Me too. I think it's the altitude."

The ex-watcher cocked an eyebrow at her. "Right. The altitude here at sea level."

Cordelia snickers, joined by Wesley before they both stop looking vaguely puzzled.

"Let's not lose focus." said the Brit. as they made their way inside.

"Maybe we should split up."

He shook his head. "Nope, too dangerous. Best we stick together." Cordelia nodded in agreement.

"Right," she said wandering off to the left as Wesley headed down the flight of stairs.

Wesley wandered through the hallways mumbling softly to himself. "Really isn't fair. He just comes and takes MY Angel's attention. When I'm the one who'd die for him." He spun around as something seemed to move in the shadows, then shrugged turning away. "Dying to feel him by my side, want him to be mine." His movements became even more agitated as he contemplated the young man who's usurped his place.

"Stupid boy. Stupid, worthless child. Can't give him what I can. No, no. Cause I'm his. See his face every place that I walk in. Hear his voice everytime I'm talking. Gotta do something. Can't lose him." Lost in the throes of demon's madness, he missed Detective Lockley's arrival.

Until she rsn into him, literally. "Where's Angel?" barked the blonde woman. Wesley stared up at her dazed for a moment. The collision however has given him back a measure of control.

"Angel? Right." He pulled himself to his feet carefully. "That's why I'm here. To warn Angel about - something important!" He stared at Kate noticeably distracted, before reaching for a strand. "Your hair!" She backed away eyeing him in disbelief.

"You're here to warn Angel about my hair."

Wesley followed her still reaching for it. "It's blonde!" Kate stopped moving hoping that allowing him to have what's caught his attention might get her answers quicker. Wesley stopped mid-reach as the power washed over him again. "The shroud! He's got to know about the shroud! It will make everybody.... It makes everybody - act differently!" Wesley turning to leave he glanced back at the stunned detective. "Well c'mon. What are you waiting for?" Whispered mutterings fill the air as the shadows darken.

Kate spun around trying to find the source, clutching at her head.

"I noticed your hair right away."

Taking a deep breath she dropped her hands and turned back to him. Cursing when she can't find him.

"My teeth are so--big! I - am - pleasant." Cordelia stared at her image in the glass case, trying to see the changes she knew were there. She'd never expected her life to end up like this. She'd been raised in a world of privilege and wealth. She'd known nothing outside her own little world. And she'd ruled that with an iron fist. No mercy for the weak, or different. She'd been that way for a long time, if she was honest with herself she was still that way. And she wasn't sorry, it was human nature. Turning away from the case, she paced around the exhibit.

But into every life change must come, and her's came in the form of one Alexander Lavelle Harris.

He'd skewed her whole world view. Made her believe in something other than power. He'd made her feel love and hate. He'd thrown himself wholeheartedly into the world around him. And she'd admired him for it even after what had happened. Now... now he was the one with the power; and the will to do anything to keep that power... or gain more. What did that say about their world? That the one soul, she'd have sworn was pure, could give up on them.

She snorted softly to herself.

It said they were all going to hell in a hand-basket. That's what it said.

It was obvious whatever chance of saving Angel there'd been, had come and gone. Did she really what to be on opposite sides? But could she just run? Leave them all behind? No. That wasn't her. She couldn't just not do something, it wasn't her nature. So what would it be? The seer slowed to a stop in front of the display of Native American jewelry.

"Oh! Hello, plastic person. You're all by you're lonesome in here." A necklace, artfully draped around a formless mannequin, caught her eye. One lone finger came up to trace the exquisite piece.

Before her life had collapsed around her, she could have bought a thousand pieces just like the one before her. Hell. She could have had a million of them. Now she could barely afford the rent on her apartment. She smirked to herself, remembering her previous home. Oh, how the mighty have fallen, she thought bitterly.

She missed her wealth, she admitted if only to herself. The automatic respect she'd had no matter were she went, others bowing to her wishes hoping for just a brief moment of her favor. Sheep they might have been, but they were her sheep. She was tired of others hanging their shit on her and getting nothing in return but heartache. She didn't have to justify her actions to anyone. It was human nature to want. Slowly she reached out towards the necklace.

"So, I guess you won't be needing this." She took the necklace off placing it around her own neck. She grinned slightly, not even a twinge of remorse.

She wasn't sorry, and why should she be?

Angel, Gunn, the Bar'tov, and the La'vi demon moved slowly into the corridor, stumbling slightly as they exited the elevator. Balance becoming precarious as they tried to pick up the pace. Suddenly the Bar'tov released the coffin. Angel growled, glancing up as the creature backed away. "What are you doing?"

The demon started wiping at the walls, hurriedly. "Fingerprints! We left fingerprints." Ignoring him, Angel looked to the other two. "Forget him, move!"

They only made it a little further, before the situation got worse. Gunn moaned, trying to ignore the buzzing in his head. But the longer he held on the worse it got, like broken bits of glass grinding against his brains. Slowly, the box began to slip from his grasp.

"I've got to put it down," he gasped as the pain grew. "Keep going," snarled Angel.

Gunn screamed dropping his end. "I can't! I can't! My head! It's full of flies," he cried, grabbing his head, backing away.

Angel let go, moving to corner Gunn. "What's wrong, son? Tired? Maybe...." He paused, turning away from the younger man. He could hear something, something familiar.

"What," he muttered almost drunkenly. A shimmery wave of power rolled through the room again. Suddenly the whispers are louder, and the meaning clearer. Now if only he could understand it. But he doesn't and Angelus does. Beautiful brown eyes shifted as a familiar scent drew nearer.

Wesley came stumbling along the wall of the corridor, trying to hold the wall up with his body. He sighed with relief, upon seeing the vampire. "Angel? Thank God, I found you.... " Angel turned to face him, and Wesley shivered as golden eyes locked on him.

"...in time. Is it in time?" he stuttered.

"Wesley?" mumbled the vampire temporarily confused. That delicious smell was coming from the ex-watcher?

His nostrils flared as he moved closer. Yes, it was definitely coming from his pet researcher. The younger man never noticed the intense gaze as he wavered somewhat dangerously on unsteady feet.

"Yes! I had a message for you. And the message was...." he frowned, clenching his hands tightly as he tried to remember. "the shroud! The shroud, very dangerous. It makes people - bad! Although it's amazing how good I feel!"

He blinked, startled as he realized just how close the vampire was. Angel grabbed him by the front of his shirt and pushed him against the wall. Strong hands brought the ex-watcher's up until they were pinned above his head. Wesley stilled in his struggle, confusion causing his mind to wander. He glanced over the vampire's shoulder. "Is that Gunn? What's he doing here? I never thought of him as the museum type."

Angel shook his head in amusement. His Wesley was so naive. He paused. That thought... something was wrong with it.

No! whispered Angelus. It's right. Nothing righter. For once Angel didn't dismiss Angelus' words. Resistance seemed to melt away.

"Wesley. Wesley...." purred Angel, pressing his body closer. Before the younger man could answer, Kate burst into the hallway.

"Police! Nobody move!" she screamed, gun aimed unhesitantly at Angel. The vampire growled. The bullets would have no effect on him but his Wesley would be hurt if they managed to hit him. This he would not tolerate. Pushing away from the dazed watcher, he stalked toward Kate.

"Wow! Look at you rushing in here all by yourself! You're the best cop ever!"

Stupid bitch, he thought. No back up. No fucking clue what she was dealing with. Worst of all putting his Wesley--his mate whispered Angelus--in danger. No that was not allowed.

"Too many humans," barked the La'vi. Angel glanced back at him, no one was allowed to interfere with his business.

"Excuse me that is my girl," he snarled. Kate paled before aiming her gun at Angel, again. "Stay back."

"Whoo! Okay," he smirked. "You got me. My life of crime is over." Everyone is mesmerized as Angel stalks closer, like watching a wolf go in for the kill. "I'm going down. But first - a little impression," he said snickering. "I'm a cop- with a mission to protect the innocent and rain on everybody's parade and obsess about my father's death and bother people who are about to steal things!"

"Angel..." said Wesley stepping into Kate's line of fire. No one was allowed to risk Wesley's life, not even Wesley. Angel spun around, knocking him into the wall then turned back to Kate.

"Oh, Katie. What are you so afraid of? Is it this?" he asked morphing into game face. "Is it the part where I'm gonna kill you? Because I got to tell you I love that in a woman!"

Kate pulled the trigger as he rushed her. Screaming as he gripped her tight, yanking the gun upward as he pulled her closer.

Angelus' whispers danced through his mind as he sank his fangs into the side of her neck.

Several black-clothed individuals rushed the museum, entering through the taped backdoor, guns at the ready, and spread out searching the museum.

Wesley crouched over a motionless Kate, never noticing the men with guns entering the hallway. "Don't move! Police!" screams the taller one.

Wesley blinked, slowly becoming more aware. "Oh, I-I didn't..." he stuttered.

"Don't move. Stay where you are," yelled the taller one, gun aimed pointedly at Wesley. He and his partner moving closer as Wesley backed away. The shorter guy leaned in closer and gasped at the bite mark on the side of Kate's neck. "Oh my God!" he yelped, snatching at his walkie-talkie.

"Kate, come on. Wake up!" begged Wesley still somewhat out of it.

"We have an officer down," barked the short one as the other Swat guy yanked the ex-watcher to his feet. Wesley never noticed the cuffs as he continued to stare down at the still figure.

Despite everything, the group of thieves made it back to their hideout without anymore trouble. Gunn paced restlessly beside the coffin. Glaring at the vampire every other step. “You drank her! Animal!" Angel ignored Gunn's rage at his handling of the cop. Instead turning to stare almost mesmerized at the coffin.

The La'vi stared at the others. "What now?"

"Open it," said the Bar'tov demon.

"Oh, that's genius! Good thing we didn't think about that back at the ol' museum and miss out on all this swell heavy lifting!" growled Angel as the La'vi put its fist through the glass.

What was only soft whispers before became howling screams, joined by wild laughter and a soft whooshing sound as the four of them stepped closer to the coffin and looked at the shroud wrapped body inside.

Angelus howled in glee as the shroud's power washed over the body he and Angel shared. The demon could almost see it as Rahmon's power ate at the soul's defenses. Soon he would no longer be just an observer in this body. He might not be able to force the soul out, but corruption was just as good. With the soul lost in its own madness, it was simple to insinuate himself so deeply it was impossible to tell where the soul ended and where the demon began.

Clutching his head, Angel dropped to his knees beside the box. Gunn looked slightly wigged, when Angel suddenly stood a nasty smile playing at the edge of his mouth.

Before he could focus on it, the Bar'tov snatched up the shroud. "It's mine," he screamed backing away. Shouts of denial followed quickly as each of them grabbed a hold of one corner of the shroud, trying to pull it away from the others. The tug of war quickly turned brutal as the Bar'tov pulled his gun, and shot Angel. Turning the La'vi attacked before he could be shot as well.

Only human Gunn ducked out of sight.

Angel watched as the two demons battled, looking for an opening. His intervention is not needed however. Even as the La'vi ripped into the Bar'tov, the demon retaliated getting off one last round that kills his murderer. Angel snatched up the shroud just as Gunn snaggeds the other end. They stared at each other as they worked their way hand over hand towards the middle. Gunn clutched the shroud with all his might, something inside screaming for possession. "Got it. Got it. Got it!"

Angel snarled, then quieted as Angelus whispered away. Angel let go as his eyes shifted back to their beautiful brown. "Wait! Wait. Gunn, I remember. You have to - trust me. I know what to do with this. Have faith, kid." Gunn stared at him intently, then handed over the shroud.

Angel stumbled out of the door of the garage carrying the shroud and Bob's bottle of Whiskey. He dropped the shroud and pouring the whiskey over it. The whispering and laughter started again as Angel stared down at the image of the demon's face on the shroud. He pulled out a lighter, flicking it. Staring at the flame, he paused looking back down at the shroud.

Angelus whispered ceaselessly.

The lighter tumbled from his hand in slow motion. Angel watched the flames, breathing hard. Still the screams continued, the laughter growing louder as Angel slowly backed away. Suddenly a soundless explosion rocked the air. Making the flames shoot straight up. Knocking Angel through the air and against a stack of cement bags behind him---where he landed in a heap. Finally the laughing screams stopped. The flames died back down as Angel lay there. He could barely lift his head off the ground, to watch the shroud burn.

Unaware that the guest in his body has slipped his leash.

Wesley glanced up staring helplessly at the cops, as he sat in the interrogation room. The older officer moved into the ex-watcher's personal space. "You want us to believe that a magic sheet..."

"A shroud! A shroud," he said listlessly. Not able to think about anything other than how Angel was doing.

"Right. Right. It turns people into super strong lunatics, right?" said the younger partner. Wesley sighed, knowing there was no way they'd believe him, and not really caring. "So, one rips the head off a guard and another viciously attacked Detective Lockley. That about it?"

"I know how it sounds..." began the ex-watcher, trailing off as the younger detective shook his head.

"I really don't think you do." The older detective stood, moving towards Wesley, grabbing him under the arms from behind and dragging him up.

"What are you doing," asked Wesley nervously.

"Arresting you," said the older. "For the murder of the guard and the attempted ...." started the younger cop. He paused as the door opened, admitting Det. Lockley.

She locked eyes with Wesley for only a moment, before saying. "Let him go."

Kate stared out the window into the night, nervously fingering the bite mark on her neck. Her eyes drift shut as she remembers the fangs piercing her throat. The growl of hunger replaying soundlessly in her ear. The feel of his arms as he turned her to see the gun trained on her. The icy whisper of his voice in her ear, "Stay down or they'll kill you."

The odd flicker of his eyes shifting rapidly from brown to gold. The brown filled with icy contempt, the gold with a calculating hunger. She stared into the eyes of the predator/savior for a moment then her eyes slid shut as Angel turned to look around and chuckled as the Bar'tov lowered his gun.

Kate shook her head, pushing away the memories. She had things to do.

Wesley paced in front of the stairs in the Hyperion's lobby with his hands buried in the pockets of his gray sweat pants. He settled on the sofa beside Cordelia. She glanced up, fingers playing with the necklace at her throat. "I don't think he's coming down," said Wesley looking towards the bedroom Angel had immediately locked himself into upon returning.

"Hmm," said the seer---shrugging carelessly. Frustrated, the ex-watcher began pacing again.

"I don't think recent events did him a lot of good."

"Again a hearty - hmm," she said finally looking away from the magazine in her hands. Wesley stilled, longing to go up the stairs.

Wanting to know whether what had happened was a fluke or something more. "We had every good intention of course."

"Right. Sending him into the path of a crazy-making, one-way-ticket-to-evil-town death cloth. Good plan." She stood as a familiar figure appeared at the top of the stairs.

Looking over Wesley's shoulder, she could see Xander leaning against the railing. His look one of deep satisfaction. Her hand caressed the necklace again. The dark eyes seemed to track the movement of her hands. She locked eyes with him, biting back a gasp at the approval in them. He couldn't know. Paranoid, she was. But still....

Dragging her gaze away she suddenly became aware of the ex-watcher's words.

"It's not the shroud's effects on him that worry me as much as..."

She met his look dead on. Would she do this? Could she do this? "As what?" she asked letting wounded innocence fill her eyes. "My stealing? I returned everything. I swear." Her eyes drifted back to Xander's. A pleased smile lit the corners of his mouth, and she could swear he'd whispered something. She jumped startled as the radio seemed to come to life. Something inside let go as the lyrics reached her ears.

~don't think cause I understand I care... overground, watch this space... I'm open to falling from grace~

Xander paused just outside the vampire's door. He could hear the Brit. and Cordelia talking. He smirked hearing the brunette swear she'd returned the stolen items, even as she fingered the trinket at her throat. Something mood worthy was needed. He murmured softly for a moment. Then turned back to his objective. He allowed himself a moment of smug triumph before settling back into his role. He reached the door, knocking softly.

Reaching out she turned off the radio. Some omens were too obvious. Wesley frowned slightly as if aware something had just happened on a level he couldn't see. He shook his head dismissively; Angel was his concern now. "Angel drank human blood, from a living person. Something he hasn't done in a very long time."

"So, on top of everything else we may have reawakened his bloodlust?" she asked looking intently at the watcher.

"Yes."

She had a feeling this was anything but coincidence. Xander's words rose up from her subconscious, 'Is lost. It’s inevitable.' They'd been played. She could see it now. Wesley's affirmative only confirming her decision.

"Hmm. Full days work then," she said moving to the door.

"I think so," said Wesley turning out the lights.

Angel sat sprawled in the chair in his dimly lit suite. Doing anything but brooding. No, not this time. Not with Angelus' constant presence. This time he welcomed the demon, for with him came the memories. A clarity the soul craved desperately. Images of the lanky ex-watcher pressed along the length of his body.

Gray-blue eyes peering wantonly up, every emotion there for him to read. The feel of the younger man's arousal as Wesley unconsciously rubbed against him. So, close. Then that bitch had interfered. He closed his eyes, remembering the feel of Kate's body pressed to his as teeth sank into the warm flesh. Her harsh pants, well-remembered music to his ears. The acrid taste of terror as he tore into her.

Only Angelus' whispered words of restraint kept him from killing her. Don't alert them. Wait and it can all be ours.

Never once did it occur to Angel to question, that what had once been separate was now joined. Tentative tapping at the door drew him from his thoughts. He purred as Xander's scent reached his nose.

"Come in, Xan."

Wesley stopped on the stairs outside the Hyperion. Cordelia glanced at him a question in her gaze. He backed away. "Umm... I forgot something inside."

Cordelia watched the older man fidget nervously. "I'll wait if..."

The Brit. shook his head. "No, no. You go on. It might take awhile. You can head home."

Cordelia's eyes narrowed as she watched him hurry back inside.

"One little, two little, three little indians... and only Gunn remains," she mumbled softly to herself as she walked away.

Xander opened the door slightly, gliding in almost silently as he pulled the door shut behind him. He shifted nervously as he looked anywhere but at the vampire. "I heard what happened. Are you all right?"

Dark eyes darted up briefly before darting away again. Once Angel would have dismissed Xander with some meaningless reassurance. Now, now the soul/demon saw something it wanted and no reason not to take it. And deep inside Angelus rejoiced. Almost there, he was almost there. The abyss lay before them, and this would bring them over. Still there was no need to show his hand early.

He reached out snagging Xander's hand, dragging him onto his lap. The vampire buried his face in the warm curve of flesh were shoulder and neck met. "I'd forgotten how good it was," he mumbled against the skin, giving little cat licks down Xander's jugular.

"Maybe... maybe, I could help..." began the mortal uneasily.

Angel stopped uncertainty and desire warring through him. Reminding him of how he'd felt once upon a time, a time before the shroud... before Xander. Xander's head dropped lower as he whispered shyly.

"Yeah. After everything - I mean - I want to... if you want to... ya know... but only if you want to." He stopped embarrassed and flushed. Squirming, restlessly in the vampire's lap. Angel easily held him still, ignoring the wealth of feelings that almost incoherent statement caused.

Something leftover from before made him stop. "Xander are you...."

The dark-head nodded silently. Angel caught his chin, tilting his face up so he could look into the dark eyes. Angel bit back a moan at the pleading almost hungry need in the boy's eyes. "I want to Angel. Something I can give... no one else can," whispered Xander tilting his head to the side. Unable to resist the vampire lowered his head, unsurprised he'd already vamped.

He froze as Xander mumbled something unintelligible beneath his breath.

Cordelia screamed as the vision hit. Unable to stand as the blood soaked images slammed through her mind, she collapsed in the middle of her apartment. She whimpered beneath the onslaught, unable to escape the horror inside her head.

Moving again when Xander tugged at his head urgently. Angel struck, burying fangs into the pale flesh. Burning ecstasy, liquid warmth slid across his fangs, drowning him in forgotten pleasure. Nirvana... gods the feel of it thick and syrupy as it flooded across his tongue. Soul and demon rejoiced as life's blood quenched a thirst that had taken over. Good. Oh gods it was so good!

Molten silver pouring down his throat.

So long, so long... YES! Lost in the pounding of the heart as it struggled to keep pumping as life drained away. Dying struggles so sweet.

Yes do fight makes it so much better....

But this was no struggle. No. No taste of terror only the sweet taint of desire.

The body writhed in pleasure... pleasure... xander... xander.... Xander.

Angelus ripped his head away, ignoring the demon's screams for more. Xander cried out in denial and ecstasy, body undulating against his. Screaming out his orgasm as he collapsed limply in the vampire's arms. Dragging the mortal up, Angelus moved inhumanly fast.

Xander lay sprawled in the vampire's place, as Angelus' hands divested him of his clothing. Not hungry for just blood any longer, he gave the demon something else it craved. Something both of them wanted. The taste of the boy's cum as he licked greedily at the spent cock.

Xander mewled under the assault, as Angelus chased down every drop of his seed.

tbc....