Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
3,452
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,127

Another Day With Worf

Summary:

Summary: Lady Midath decides to tell a story, with some help.

Work Text:


Another Day With Worf
by Lady Midath

Lady Midath settle herself down into her favorite chair. They are all waiting for for her, because she had promised them a story about Worf.

Beth holds her hand up, excited because she is finally going to get another Worf story. She has been very patient, and now she is waiting eagerly.

Sitting beside her is Sharon, just as excited. In fact she is as nearly excited at the prospect of a new story.... a new Worf story, as she was over her fish having babies. Sitting beside Sharon is Shawn, looking rather pleased with himself, he had just posted another Faith Fan fic.

"Now, now, settle down everyone". Lady Midath says, smiling at the eager little faces in front of her. Now who wants a story"?

Cries of me..me..me echoes around the room. Lady Midath hold a hand up. "All right then, settle down and I will tell you a story about how Worf first arrived on Deep Space Nine".

"That's all ready been done". Shawn replies wisely. He know all about Star Trek. Sharon and Beth nod their heads solemnly. After all, he is right.

Lady Midath sighs, never try and fool a bunch of Trekkies.

"Okay then". She says. "How about I tell you a story about the very first time he came to Deep Space Nine"? Sharon, Beth and Shawn all look at each other...there was a first time?

Beth hold Mahala up, Mahala regards Lady Midath with big puppy eyes. "When did Worf first go to Deep Space Nine? Mahala wants to know".

Mahala wags her tail expectantly.

"Well". Lady Midath says. "It all started a long time"...

Worf looked out of the view screen, watching as the massive space station drew closer and closer.

He had never seen the space station before...

"Wait on". Says Sharon. "What do you mean he has never seen a space station before? He must have".

""He has never seen that particular space station before". Lady Midath clarifies.

Sharon nods. "Oh...okay then". Satisfied Sharon sits back to listen to the rest of the story.

He wondered what it was like to live on one of those station, to sit there in space, watching as ships came and went. On their way to exotic planets and strange new worlds.

"I like that". Beth says. "Exotic planets and strange new worlds"

"It's been done". Shawn replies, he glances at his watch, he has another Faith story he wants to post to his favourite list bot.

Lady Midath sighs...this is going to be a looonnng story.

It would be so boring, Worf thought to himself. Just sitting around, waiting for something to  happen.

"Ah Worf". Worf turned around. It was Captain Picard. He stood beside the huge Klingon.

"Why did he do that"? Beth asks, she hold Mahala up. "Mahala wants to know why".

"Because Captain Picard wants to talk to Worf, that's why". Lady Midath replies.  Mahala wags her tail, very pleased with the answer.

"So what do you think of the space station"? Picard asks in a deep sonorous voice.

"Very...nice Sir". Worf replied, not being able to think of anything else to say.

"Well, I expect you are looking forward to shore leave". Picard said. Worf nodded. He would not mind taking some shore leave with Deanna Troi.

Sharon puts her hand up. "I thought he was with Jadzia Dax"?

"No". Beth replies. "This was before he met Jadzia, silly".

Sharon turns to Lady Midath. "She called me silly"!

Lady Midath sighs and rolls her eyes. "I'm sure she did not mean it".

"Look, can we get on with the rest of the story"? Shawn asks. "You see, I have this story I have  to"...

"Yes, yes, let's get on with the story". Beth replies impatiently, she holds Mahala up. "After all, Mahala is waiting". Mahala wags her tail, looking very fluffily pleased with herself.

"All right, don't get impatient". Lady Midath replies in her most soothing tones. "Now, back to  Worf".

"Oooohhh yes please". Both Sharon and Beth cry in unison.

"Now, where were we? Oh yes"...

Worf and Deanna were strolling hand in hand along the promenade.

"The Bitch". Beth mutters under her breath. Both Sharon and Shawn look at her. "Well Mahala doesn't like her..do you Mahala"?

Mahala yips...no she definitely does not.

Deanna turned to Worf. "I think this place is so exciting don't you think"?

Worf looked around the promenade, at all the different life forms that strolled back and forth,  intent on their own business.

"What sort of business"? Shawn asks, he asks these questions because he has an inquiring mind.

....and because he likes to ask questions.

"Doesn't matter". Beth hisses at him. Then she turns to Lady Midath. "When is Worf going to ditch
the Betaziod babe anyway huh"?

"Soon, soon". Lady Midath replies in her most soothing voice. Both Sharon and Beth nod, while Shawn checks his watch. He really has to log on soon.

"I much prefer the Enterprise". Worf told her in no uncertain terms. "I do not like to just sit around and wait for something to happen. A true warrior looks for adventure".

"Oohhh". Beth says hugging Mahala tight to her chest. "Worf is such a warrior".

"Yes". Sharon replies with a sigh. "A real Klingon's Klingon*sigh*".

"He's all right... I suppose". Shawn says with a yawn.

The others turn to stare at him. He stares back. "Hey, I'm not into guys..okay...now Faith"... Shawn gets a dreamily faraway look in his eyes.

"Oh,, all right then". Both Sharon and Beth mutter. Well, he was their Worf anyway. And they weren't sharing...with anyone.

They all turn back to Lady Midath, waiting for the rest of the story.

"Okay". Lady Midath mutters. "Where were we...oh yes..."

Deanna tightened her grip on Worf's arm, and snuggled against him.

Beth's eyes narrow. "He's mine". She mutters ominously.

And she smiled up at him, her dark eyes shining. "Well, I am glad that you are not planning to leave the Enterprise just yet".

Just then there was a scream. It came from just behind them. Jadzia and Worf look at each other,
startled, then turned to the direction from where the scream came from.

Beth and Sharon turn to Lady Midath, eyes wide. "What happened"? Sharon asks, her voice awed.

"Is someone going to knock that Betazoid off"? Beth asks hopefully.

"Is someone going to die a horrible death"? Shawn asks excitedly. "No just one of those pathetic off screen deaths... but a real violent, more-blood-than-a- Tobe- Hooper-John- Carpenter- movie
type death"?

Lady Midath smiles indulgently at him. He's so cute when he gets excited. "We'll see".

"Boyohboyohboyohboy". Shawn says, this is becoming interesting now.

"Just as long as Worfie doesn't get hurt". Beth says to Mahala, who wags her tail in agreement.

Worf and Jadzia raced down the corridor, as another scream ripped across the usual noise of the Promenade

They found a young girl lying on her side, blood pooling around her body. Her throat had been slit.

"Yesss"! Shawn punches his fist into the air. "Blood"! Beth and Sharon turn to stare at him.

He grins sheepishly. "I like blood, just go to my fan fiction site and read some of my stuff".

"He also likes Faith". Sharon told Beth knowingly. Beth nodded, eyes wide.

Deanna knelt down beside the young girl, careful not to get blood on her uniform. Well after all it
was a new uniform, a very pretty lavender coloured dress with a low neckline and a pretty new
communicator that she had picked up for a song on Betazed.

"She's dead Jim, err, I mean Worf". Deanna cried dramatically.

"Her throat has been slit". Worf rumbled. Deanna stared at him for a moment. "Well duh". She replied.

We must find whoever did this and avenge the wrongful death of this poor unfortunate child". Worf
growled.

"Why"?

Worf looked at Deanna. "What do you mean...why"?

Deanna shrugged. "Well...why. I mean after all, it's not like we knew her or anything. Don't you
think that maybe this might not be any of our business"?

"Boy, how callous". Beth says,she cuddles Mahala close. "She is callous isn't she". Mahala pants
in complete agreement.

Sharon nods, yes she is being completely callous in her opinion.

"Well, there is the Prime Directive you know". Shawn pipes up. The other two look at him. "Well there is you know". He replies defensively.

Sharon and Beth turn to Lady Midath. "We think Deanna Troi is being callous"! They both yell in unison.

When Lady Midath picks herself up off the floor and settles herself back into her chair, wondering
what the symptoms of a burst eardrum were, she returns to telling her tale. After all, whether Deanna was being callous or not was not really the point. And besides she did not want to start a riot between trekkies...or trekkers. Sorry just covering all the bases here.

"We have to report this to the local law enforcement". Deanna stated in her best I-am-a-councillor
-so-don't-screw-with-me-voice.

"Well I think that we should discover who the killer is and avenge this poor girl's death by cutting his heart out and eating it in front of him". Worf replied in his best I-am-a-Klingon-warrior-so
-don't mess-with-me-babe voice.

"Well I disagree". Deanna replied in her best call-me-babe-again-and-you-will-be-limping-for-the-rest-of-your-life voice.

While they were both glaring at each other over the dead and still bleeding body.

"Cool, more blood". Shawn says. "This is my kinda story".

Odo turned up, with two Bajoran guards in tow.

"What happened here"? He asked, glaring at Worf and Deanna, taking in their Federation uniforms, and nifty hair styles.

"Ooohhh that masculine warrior's braid". Beth says dreamily. Sharon hands her a tissue. "You're
begining to drool". Both Worf and Deanna shrugged. "We dunno". They replied. "But she's dead Jim, I mean Constable".

Deanna replied eagerly. "We found her first, does that mean we get dibbs on her stuff"?

"No it does not, as station's constable I get dibbs on her stuff".

Deanna looked crestfallen.

"Good". Beth muttered. "We don't like her do we Mahala". Mahala growled a very puppylike growl.
she did not either.

"Did either of you see what happened"? Odo asked. Both Worf and Deanna shook their heads.

"Hmmm". Odo thought for a moment. Dead Bajoran girl, two Federation officers standing over the
body, no one else around. He promptly arrested them.

"He arrested them"? Sharon cried. "Oh no"! Beth was so upset she squeezed Mahala tummy until
Mahala whimpered. "Oops, sorry". Beth whispered in her ear.

Shawn leaned forward. "Is he going to torture them"? He asked excitedly.

"No". Lady Midath replied. "Captain Sisko would not allow it".

"Damn". Shawn mutters. "Odo never gets to have any fun".

To say that Captain Picard was upset would have been an understatement. To say that he was purple
faced with rage would be a lot nearer the ball park.

"What do you mean that your station's constable has arrested my counselor and my security officer"? He demanded. He was standing in front of Captain Sisko's desk. Fists clenched at his sides. He looked as though he was in need of a nice cup of tea. Earl Grey...hot.

Captain Sisko looked up at him, concerned. The other man looked as though he was going to have a stroke or heart attack any minute.

Beth leaned forward, whispering to Sharon. "It's all that Earl Grey tea he drinks you know. Not
good for the blood pressure".

Sharon nodded. Shawn glanced at his watch again. "When are we going to get to the blood again"? He whined.

"Soon". Lady Midath assured him. My but he did like blood in his stories.

"Captain Picard, please sit down...relax, would you like a nice cup of Earl Grey tea...hot"?

"No, what I want are my officers back, immediately"!

"I am afraid that's not possible right now". Sisko replied calmly. "My constable does have the right to hold and question anyone aboard this station, especially when a serious crime has been committed. Or whenever the ratings are down and the network is threatening to axe a show".

Shawn nodded. "That makes sense". He said. "After all since Voyager went and got itself lost, the
ratings have been through the roof. But of course and soon as they come back the ratings will plummet".

Beth sighed. "Yes Viacom works in mysterious ways".

"My officers are innocent". Picard replied coldly. "they're merely found the body, they did not cause the body to be there in the first place so you can't blame Worf or Deanna Troi for the fact that there was a body found on the Promenade. And besides, why was the body not discovered  sooner? After all it was discovered in the busiest part of your station in the first place".

Sisko looked like he had been hit in the face with a wet fish.

"Huh"?

Picard rolled his eyes. "My people are not responsible for that young girl's death".

"Oohhh". Sisko replied.

"Oooohhh" Beth, Sharon and Shawn all said together. Not because they did not understand what
Picard had said, it was just when he started on one of his never ending speeches, they all tended to tune out.

Sisko sighed. He did not have patience to deal with these intellectuals who liked to use the most words to say the simplest things. Take Doctor Bashir for instance. And that was the trouble. No one would take him, and god know's he had advertised in the Captain's Quarterly and The Federation Post. Free To Good Home. One young doctor, house trained and comes with own
comm badge and chew toys. But so far no one had responded to the ads. Well maybe if he advertised in the Gamma Quadrant....

"I demand that you at least let me see them"! Picard said firmly.

"Huh"?

Picard's eyes narrowed. "Don't pretend that you did not understand that"!

"What? Oh yes, sorry". Sisko replied. "Of course you can see them. I shall have my first officer take you there straight away. He buzzed for Major Kira, who appeared at once. Well, actually, she had been hiding behind the desk, trying to plant yet another bug, but that's a whole different story.

"Thank you". Picard replied stiffly as he left the office, Major Kira in tow.

"Don't worry Captain Picard, I am sure that we will get this whole unfortunate business sorted out".
Sisko assured him as he left. Then muttered under his breath. "That'll teach you to get turned into a Borg and kill my wife you bald headed creep".

"Hang on a minute". Sharon says. "Isn't Sisko bald"?

"No, he stills has his hair". Beth explains. "It was later that he shaved his hair off. I think he was feeling a bit left out, you know with all the other captains being bald".

"Janeway's not bald". Sharon pointed out.

"Yeah, but she's not much of a captain either". Shawn sniffed. When it came to starfleet captains, he was very particular.

"And besides, what about Kirk"? Sharon asked. Beth leaned forward. "Toupee".

"Ohh". That was too much for Sharon, after all, there were some things she just did not need to know.

"Ahem". Lady Midath clears her throat. All eyes turn to her instantly. She looks down on their sweet little faces. "Can I finish this or not"? She asks them. The three of them nod. After all it is never wise to argue with Lady Midath.

Satisfied, she returns to the story.

Worf was standing near the front of the holding cell. He was livid. And a livid Klingon was a dangerous creature indeed.

Deanna was perched on the narrow bunk next to one of he guards who was lying down, telling her
all about his childhood. She was nodding sympathetically, as he poured out all his woes.

The other guards were all busy making appointments to see her later in the week.

Picard rolled his eyes, boy were these people pathetic or what. "Ahem". He cleared his throat...and was ignored.

"Ahem"! He cleared his throat even louder, and was still ignored.

"Ah, allow me". Kira said. She placed her fingers to her lips and whistled shrilly. Everyone stopped dead.

"There you go Captain". She said. He stared at her for a moment. "Uh, thanks".

"I like Kira Nerys, she kicks butt". Sharon said. Both Beth and Shawn nod their heads. She sure does.

Odo at that very moment materialized in front of them, a smug expression on his face.

Picard stared at him. "Are you in that habit of changing shape like that"? He asked.
"That's why they call me a changeling". Odo replied looking if anything, even more smug.

"Oh, well, that's...nice". Picard replied, wondering how one acted in a way that was politically correct with someone who was able to change shape.<br>

"Huh". Shawn said scornfully. "What a wimp".

"Can we get back to Worf being all Klingony please". Beth said. Mahala yipped in agreement.

"Yeah, Worf"! Sharon yelled. Then all three of them in unison. "Worf...Worf...Worf"!

Lady Midath holds up her hand for silence. Beth, Sharon and Shawn instantly stop.

"Okay, we can get back to Worf being all Klingony". She says. Beth, Sharon and Shawn all clap their hands together with glee.

"Yayyy"!

"I demand to be released"! Worf roared. Everyone stopped and stared at him.

"Well I do". He replied defensively.

"I am afraid I can't do that". Odo said firmly. "They are both suspects in a murder case".

"What evidence do you have"? Picard asked him.

"Under Cardassian law, I don't need evidence, and they are guilty until proven innocent.

"Great, they are both toast". Picard muttered under his breath.

"What did you say Sir"? Deanna asked.

"Uh, I said I would not mind some melba toast". Picard replied hurriedly. "I am feeling a little peckish".

Great catch, he congratulated himself.

Deanna frowned. "That's strange Sir, I am not detecting feelings of hunger from you".

Picard drew a deep breath. God sometimes they could make it so hard...

"When are we going to be able to get out of here"? Worf asked. "It is dishonerable for a warrior to
be locked away in a holding cell like this".

Deanna leaned forward. "I think he wants his Mummy".

Worf whirled on her. "I do not"!

"Oh poor Worf". Beth said, her eyes filling with tears. Speechless with grief for Worf, all Sharon and Shawn could do was nod. Even Mahala did not look quite as fluffy as before.

"Don't worry, I'll get you out of here". Picard assured them both. He wondered if Data would be able to whip up a cake with a file in it.

Just then Jadzia dax turned up. She walked over to where Captain Picard was standing.

Worf watched her approach, nostrils flaring. (his, not hers)

She smiled at the huge Klingon. "Hi there".

He smiled back at her. Deanna quickly moved in between her Worf and this new female.

"They had both better keep their hands off Worf". Beth said ominously.

"Yeah". Sharon agreed.

"There has been a mistake". She told all of them firmly. "These two Federation officers did not kill
anyone".

"Then who did"? Both Odo and Picard asked.

"It was an accident". Jadzia explained. "Doctor Bashir just did the autopsy".

Shawn, Beth and Sharon all leaned forward. "And"...

"Well, it seemed that the girl was walking along the promenade and she tripped and fell". Jadzia explained.

"But how did her throat get cut"? Picard and Odo both asked, then glared at each other.

"Well, it seemed that when she fell, she fell against a large metal sculpture that was donated to the station by the Bajoran Union of Kai's. It has some very sharp edges and well, the rest as they say is history".

Odo and Picard stared at her. "That's the most ridiculious thing I have ever heard". Picard replied.

Odo and shook his head. "Huh, if this station was still being run by the Cardassians, there would have been executions by now". He sighed. "Oh how I miss the screaming".

Worf and Deanna looked at each other, they could not remember seeing any statue nearby.

"What is kind of strange though, was how the statue was moved from one side of the Promenade
to the other, then back again". Jadzia told them.

Suddenly Odo remembered something. If he could have blushed with embarrasement, he would have.

"I will release the prisoners right away". He muttered.

Soon Worf and Deanna were back aboard the ship, and everything was right with the universe once more.

And as for Odo, well, he decided it was better if he did not mention the fact that he had been practicing his shape shifting skills on the promenade that morning, and that he had taken the
shape of a statue that just happened to have very sharp edges.

 

 

The End

Sharon Beth and Shawn all stared at Lady Midath.

"That was the silliest story I have ever heard". Beth said. "Wasn't it Mahala".

Mahala wagged her tail, she had rather liked it.

"That's it, no steamy sex scenes featuring a certain Klingon"? Sharon cried, bitterly disapointed.

"This is a PG story Sharon, I can't write sex scenes in a PG story". Lady Midath explained.

"And there was no Faith". Shawn said sadly.

"Sorry Shawn". Lady Midath said, leaning foward to wipe a tear off his face.

"Well, I want another story with just Worf". Beth said.

"And with lots of steamy sex scenes". Sharon stated.

"And with Faith". Shawn yelled.

Lady Midath sighed. There were times when she wondered why she even bothered.

 

Definitely...The End