Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
869
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
772

Everyone Has A Secret In Sunnydale

Summary:

"Joyce walked up the stairs to her bedroom only mildly disappointed. Both her daughter had made plans for the night, which meant no family dinner. "

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 


Everyone Has A Secret In Sunnydale
by Femvamp
femvamp000@yahoo.com

 

 

Chapter 1: You're Not My Type

Joyce walked up the stairs to her bedroom only mildly disappointed. Both her daughter had made plans for the night, which meant no family dinner.  Joyce looked forward to the time together but she understood that both her daughters had lives.  It wasn't their fault that she didn't.

*** Well Joyce that's not EXACTLY true. ***

Joyce laughed to herself.  It was actually funny in a `B' horror movie kind of way.  The longer Joyce lived in Sunnydale the more she became convinced that EVERYONE had a secret.

*** Well maybe not everyone.  Dawn doesn't have a secret. ***

Joyce thought about that for a moment.

*** How can I be so sure.  For all I know she is the key to some demon opening the gates of Hell and letting out all the monsters that are trapped there. ***

Joyce laughed at the thought.  It was just too funny.  There was no way in Hell that Dawn was anything more then what she appeared to be. It was one of the few things she was certain of.

Since the girls were out doing other things, Joyce decided she would too.  It was about time she had some fun.  Joyce went to her closet and picked out the leather outfit she hadn't worn since the incident with the band candy.

*** Hey I like the dress.  ***

Joyce put the dress on and looked at herself in the mirror.   She looked good.  She looked damn good.  Joyce smiled.   It was time for HER to have fun for a change.

 

Joyce walked into the Nightlife Bar and waved at the bouncer, Jane. Jane was a big bearly lady who had a major crush on Joyce.  Joyce did her civic duty and flirted shamelessly with the woman.  It was an game with them.  Neither took it seriously, hey they weren't each others types.

Joyce walked to the bar and ordered a glass of wine.  She wasn't much of a drinker but on these special days she let loose a little.

"Hey Joyce."

Joyce smiled at the bartender, a woman named Jen.  Jen and Joyce had hit it off right from the start.  It also helped that Joyce had been there when a vampire attacked the woman.  Joyce had played hero that  night and ever since then, whenever Jen was tending bar, Joyce got her drinks for free.

"Hey Jen."

"You want your usual."  Jen smiled.

"Yeah sure." Joyce smiled back, "You ever going to let me pay?"

"Nah.  Can't let my white knightess pay for her drinks, now can I?"

"Guess not."  Joyce paused,  "But I am leaving you a big tip.  So there."

Jen smiled an went to get Joyce her drink.

 

Joyce was on her second glass of wine when a woman sat down next to her.  The woman was about her age with short blondish air.  The woman was good looking and had an aire of intelligence to her. Joyce found her appealing.

*** She's not exactly my type.  It's been a long time since I had to start the conversation with someone my own age. ***

Joyce snickered at the thought.  She was so used to being around Buffy's friends.  Even Giles was considered in the group.  Then again, he seemed to have the same problem.  All his friends were under twenty-one.

"What's so funny?"  The woman asked smiling.

"Oh I'm sorry.  I was just wondering how to talk to you.  I mean, well none of my lines would work on you."  Joyce said babbling slightly.

The woman smiled, "What are some of your lines?"

"Well, I mean you're not exactly my type but…"

"You're not my type either.  So it'll be safe."

Joyce smiled, "Well lets see, my favorite is, 'whats a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?"

The woman laughed, "I've heard that one before."

"Me too, actually its what my ex-husband said to me the day we met."

The woman raised her eyebrows interested, "and it worked?"

"Hardly.  I laughed at him and walked away."

"And it was love from there."

Joyce laughed, "Something like that."

The two women continued to talk for hours.  They really didn't talk about much but Joyce enjoyed it all the same.  Joyce had gotten too used to hiding the truth from people.  No one would understand the life she was forced to lead because her oldest daughter was the slayer

"Well it's getting late. "  The woman looked at her watch, "I have an early day tomorrow.

"I should be going as well."  Joyce smiled, "Why don't I walk you to your car.  Sunnydale is dangerous at night."

"I've heard that."

The two women walked outside though the parkinglot.  When they got to the car Joyce smiled and said goodbye.  She wasn't expecting a kiss but that's exactly what she got.  After the kiss ended it took Joyce a few moments to register a cognitive thought.

The woman smiled, "Not a bad kiss for someone who isn't your type."

With that the woman got into her car and drove away.  It took Joyce a few minutes to respond.

*** And I don't even know your name. ***

 

end part 1

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Femvamp.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.