Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
2,708
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,174

All Male Dating Game

Summary:

Summary: Jim gets talked into being on a dating game, will he make  the connection of a  lifetime?

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

All Male Dating Game
by:  Peggy R.

"Hello Everyone, it's time to play the ALL MALE DATING GAME. I'm your host Dave Flower and it's time to meet our first contestant.  He's a 38 year old Detective from Cascade, Washigton. Please welcome Detective James Ellison."

With a great round of applause, Jim walked out onto the stage. Jim really didn't know what the hell he'd let his 'so called friends' talk him into.

Two months ago the gang from Major Crime had sent Jim's name into the ALL MALE DATING GAME.  Everyone Jim worked with knew he was gay and were ok with it.  Oh there were some guys from other departments that had a problem, but were set straight (pardon the pun) soon
enough, that Jim could handle his own.  Not to mention being backed up by the whole of Major Crime.

The gang was worried about Jim, he'd been doing nothing lately but working.  If someone needed time off, he took their hours, stayed late almost everyday.  He never seemed to date anymore.  Well, that was about to change.

The host shook Jim's hand and once the applause died down he welcomed him to the show. "Welcome Jim.  You're a Detective in Cascade?" Dave asked.

"That's right, in Major Crime, with the Cascade PD."  Jim answered.

"And how long have you been with Major Crime?"  The MC asked.

"Going on five years."  Jim again answered the question.

"Well guys, if all the police officers looked like Jim here, we'd be having alot more crime just so that he could catch us." The MC teased as the crowd clapped and whistled.

"Ok, it's time to meet our hopefuls.  Our first hopeful comes from LA. He's 6' 1", 175lbs and is a fashion designer.  Please welcome Jason Tripp.  Jason please say hello to James."

"Hello James."  Jason replied, somewhat on the fem side.  To much for Jim's taste.  After the applause died down, the host introduced the second hopeful, "Our second hopeful comes from,
funny enough, Cascade, Washington, he's 5' 7" and weighs 160lbs and is a  Anthropology Professor at Reighnier University. Please welcome Blair Sandburg.  Blair please say hello to James."

"Hey Jim, how's it goin man?"  The applause rose again, only louder with a couple of whistles added.  But that voice, that voice sent tingles all the way up and down Jim's spine.

"Hopeful number three also comes from LA and is a contractor. Please welcome Bruce Witherby.  Bruce, please say hello to Jim."

"Hi Jimmy, hopefully we can find some ground to build a foundation on."  Bruce replied in a deep voice.  To deep for Jim's taste. The applause rose once again, but with no fanfair like with number two.

"Alright gentlemen,  James is going to ask a series of questions, answer to the best of your ability and at the end he will choose one of you to be his date for the evening.  Good luck. James, are you ready?"

"Yeah, I'm ready." Jim answered, a little nervous.  Looking down at the cards in his hand he decided on his first question.

"Seeing as how I'm a Detective, if you were a criminal and you saw me chasing you, what would you do?  Ummm, hopeful number one."

"Ohhhh, if I saw you chasing me I would give up emediately, hoping for a full body search." The fashion designer replied saucily.

"Hopeful number three, same question."

"Well, seeing as how I'm pretty well built, I would probably stand my ground and try to over power you... in a good way."

"Um, ok.  Hopeful number two, same question please."  Jim responded.

"Oh hey, seeing as how I'm probably alot smaller then you, I would run my as... uh butt off, praying you wouldn't catch me.  Then again, maybe I would slow down just a bit, secretly hoping that you did."

That voice, Jim didn't know what it was but it did something to him.  Calmed him, made him feel fuzzy all over.

"Ok, good.  Next question, if I were a plant or any kind of vegetation, what would I be?  Hopeful number three?"

"You would be a tree, standing tall and strong."

"Ok, hopeful number one, same question."

"You would be a flower, a most elegant and exotic flower, so that I could smell you all the time."

"Oookaaay, um hopeful number two, same question."

"You would be a cactus man, hard to get near, but once you got past the prickers all moist and easy to handle."

'Wow, there's just something about this guy, I am hard to get close to and a closet romantic.' Jim thought to himself.

"Ok, last question.  If I were a cat, what would I be and how would you treat me?  Hopeful number two."

"You would be a powerful cat, a panther or jaguar.  Black, so you could move around easily at night unseen.  How would I treat you?  Well man, maybe I'd turn into a wolf and the hunter would become the hunted."

After that answer Jim heard nothing else.  He repeated the question as expected but as far as their answers, he couldn't have told you what they said.

"Ok, the questions have been asked and answered, now it's time for James to make his decision. James, based on the answers you received to your questions, who would you like to pick as your date for the evening?  Will it be hopeful number one, hopeful number two or hopeful number three?"  Dave asked of Jim.

"It's going to be hopeful number two."

"Ok, lets meet the hopefuls you didn't choose, hopeful number one, please come over and say hi to Jim.  Jason got up and walked around the partition and smiled disappointedly at Jim as he walked up and gave him a hug and a chased kiss on the cheek, then stepped to the side. Jason was a tall blonde, to skinny for Jim's taste.  He liked his men more on the manly side, but not overly so.  "Hopeful number three, please come and say hi to Jim."  Bruce got up and came around the partition, Bruce had black hair, well built. Maybe overly so. He walked right up to Jim and kissed him on the lips briefly saying, "you don't know what you're missing with me Detective."

"I'll bet." Jim replied just as softly.

"Alright, now it's time to meet the hopeful you did choose. Blair is a 27 year old University Professor of  Anthropology, likes camping, fishing and just communing with nature, please say hi to Blair Sandburg."  As Blair came around the partition and Jim got his first look at the man whose voice alone did funny things to his body, all of his sences seemed to snap to attention.  He could feel his heart rate speed up, funny thing, he could feel Blair's heart rate increase also.  The man was beautiful. Long curly hair with ever changing colors of brown, and red.  He had the most beautiful blue eyes Jim had ever seen, he could get lost in them very easily.  He was perfect.

Blair walked up to him and gave him a hug saying, "How's it goin man, nice to meet you."

"Believe me, it's my pleasure."  Jim responded.

Jim didn't even hear the host ending the show, he was so wrapped up in staring at Blair.  He went through the motions and answered questions, but he couldn't have repeated anything to save his life.  Once he and Blair were alone he felt compelled to be truthful with this man. But it would have to wait until they got to the resturant that had been picked for their date to officially start.

Once seated at the posh resturant, Jim decided to open up to this man.  There was just something about him that made him want to be upfront and completely honest with him.  A completelly un-Jim like thing to do.

"You are so beautiful, I can't believe my luck.  I would have been disappointed if I had chosen one of the other guys once I had gotten a look at you.  Hell, I would have tracked you down later."

"Thanks man, I'm flattered, really."  Blair replied softly.

"So what's someone with your brains and good looks, doing on a show like this?"  Jim asked, really wanting to know.

"I dunno, man.  I could ask the same of you, but  I guess I was just tired of the whole dating scene, ya know?  I mean, don't get me wrong, I like meeting new people. I guess I thought maybe I'd meet someone from another state and if things worked out, maybe I'd move.  What's your story, why were you on the show man?" The young man asked.

"Well, the guys I work with were worried about me, I guess. I don't date much.  I guess they thought it would be funny to get me on the show, kind of a forced date.  I wasn't going to do the show at first, but now I'm glad I did.  So you don't date much?  With your looks I'd think you'd  probably have to beat them off with a stick." Jim chuckled softly.

"Oh believe me, I had women fawning all over me man and I hated it.  I mean I like women, as friends, but not lovers ya know?  I dated a few guys long term, the first one was ok, but he just wasn't what I was looking for. The second, well let's just say I was tired of showing up in the emergency room."

"WHAT??  He hit you?  Who was he? What's he look like, what's his name?" Jim started to get really angry that someone could actually hit this beautiful man.

"Hey, hey, settle down big guy.  It's over, all over.  He's cooling his heels in jail man." Blair told the irritated Detective.

"It's a damn good thing, I would've  torn him a new ass for touching you, you're mine!" Suddenly Jim realized what he'd said.  "Oh shit Chief, I'm sorry.  I didn't... I don't..."

"Hey, it's ok man.  I don't know what it is about you, but I feel like we've known each other forever.  Like we've been friends for a long time, just never took it to the next step, ya know?"  Blair said, looking up through a curtain of curly brown hair.  His blue eyes shining like saphires.

"That's exactly how I feel too Chief.  What say we finish our dinner and head on over to the hotel and see about moving this relationship up to the next level."  Jim asked softly.

"I'm down with that man, there's just one itsy bitsy problem though."  Blair replied, holding up his fingers slightly together, leaving a little gap inbetween.

"And what would that be Chief?" Jim asked.

"We haven't even ordered our meals yet."  The young man answered chuckling.

Jim sat there stunned for a minute, then started laughing along with his companion. The waiter finally approached and asked what they would like to order.  They both ended up ordering steaks, baked potatoes and salads.  Jim also ordered a bottle of wine to sip during dinner and then finish later at the hotel.

 

 

Later at the hotel:

"Blair, I have so many things to tell you about me.  I just don't know where to start."  Jim said, while sitting on the bed staring at the floor.

"Jim, does this mean we'll be seeing each other once we get back to Cascade?"  Blair asked hopefully.

"God, I hope so Chief.  I like you... I like you alot Chief, but I think once I tell you everything, you may want to run for the hills."

"What, nothing short of you killing someone would make me run Jim.  Oh wait, you're a cop... umm... ok, scratch that statement."  Blair chuckled softly.

"Yeah, kinda goes with the territory there Chief." Jim replied with a chuckle.

"Ok, so there's nothing you could say that would make me run. How's that?" Blair replied, as he sat down on the bed, then relaxed back against the pillows.

"I hope you're right Chief," Jim replied, glancing briefly at his date,  "I hope you're right.  You see, I get these spells where I just kinda fade out.  For long periods of time, I don't see or hear anything.  I can see things people shouldn't see, hear things people shouldn't hear, taste can be way off the chart at times."

"OH MY GOD!"  Blair whispered, sitting straight up on the bed.

"Please Chief, don't freak out on me,"  Jim pleaded, placing a hand on the young mans shoulder,  "tonight was the first time in a long time that I haven't had to worry about any of that.  Being with you, everything seemed normal, ya know?" Jim continued talking softly.

"No, Jim, you've got it all wrong."  Blair said as he placed his hand on the older mans arm. "You zone out when you use one of your senses more then any of the others.  You can see things better then anyone, hear better then anyone. Taste is over powering.  Is smell and touch off the chart too?"  Blair asked holding his breath

"Yeah, they are sometimes.  Please Blair, I'll try to control them around you.  Please just give us a chance... Please?"  Jim hated begging, but for this man he'd do anything.

"Jim, don't you know what you are?"

"A freak?  At least that's what my dad used to tell me."

"NO!  You're not a freak and I don't ever, EVER want to hear you call yourself that again, ok?  You're not a freak.  You, my friend, are a Sentinel.  An honest to god true Sentinel.  I never thought I'd ever find one."  Blair said excitedly.

"A Sentinel?  You mean I'm not sick or something?"  Jim asked hopefully.

"No Jim, you're not sick.  You are, so like, this side of a god man."

"I'm no god Chief, believe me."  Jim replied with a snort.

"You are to me man, you are the most beautiful man I have ever met.  With Sentinel senses as a bonus."  Blair told the unbelieving cop.

"What exactly is a Sentinel anyway?" Jim asked.

"A Sentinel was a type of guardian, they would hunt for their tribe, find water, listen for any kind of danger to the tribe. A Sentinel also had a companion, a guide if you will, who helped them control their senses.  I think the reason you reacted to me the way you did is because I'm your guide man."

"You think so?" Jim asked hoping against hope that this beautiful man would be in his life for a very long time.

"I know so, I've been studying Sentinels since I was very young. Did you know that Sentinels bond for life Jim?"  Blair asked.

"They do?  Kinda like wolves huh?"

"Did you know that everyone has a spirit animal?" Jim shook his head no, "well they do, and mine just happens to be a wolf. I know yours is a Black Jaguar.  The moment you started to speak, the image of a black jaguar appeared in my head.  That's why I answered your question the way I did.  I knew we were meant to be together, and boy was I lucky, the whole package turned out to be... well all I can say is... wow!"

"I'm the lucky one here Chief. The moment I heard your voice, it did something to me.  I had tingles running up and down my spine and my sences just seemed to snap into place.  I knew then I had to have you.  No matter what.  Then when you walked around that wall... well, I couldn't see or hear anything but you.  So, I was the lucky one."

"Why don't you come up here on the bed with me and maybe we can both get lucky?"  Blair asked, lying back onto the bed and quirking his finger in a come here motion.

Jim smiled a sexy smile at the younger man and Blair melted. Both men couldn't believe how lucky they were to have found each other, but not in the city where they both lived, no it was by pure luck that they ended up on a dating game which brought lonely people together.

 

~THE END~

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Peggy R.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.