Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Roommates
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
447
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,095

Searching...Please Hold

Summary:

Summary: Another one bites the dust in their search.
Author's Note: Sequel to 'Oh Where, Oh Where'.

Work Text:

Searching...Please Hold.
by Lopaka Tanu

 

 

"Can you believe the nerve of that woman?" Tugging her silk shirt closer to her chest, Blanche made sure to wipe off the cookie crumbs. "I swear, the devil is in her!"

"I dunno." Nibbling on her own cookie, Sophia watched as Rose came back from the door. "She seemed to have your number. What did you think, Rose?"

Blanche reached for a cookie as she glared at the older woman.

"Well, to be honest, I didn't like her." Rose came around the chair with it's back to the door and sat down. "Don't get me wrong, she seems like a nice lady, but only in smaller doses."

After swallowing her mouthful of cookie, Blanche frowned. "Smaller doses? She was here for only fifteen minutes."

"I think we can do smaller," cutting in, Sophia cleared her throat twice. Seeing as that wouldn't remove the tickle, she picked up her mug. "I think a nice shoe placed firmly up her backside would make things quicker and more tolerable."

"Sophia, you're terrible." Despite her words, Blanche snickered. "But not far off. That is the last time I ever override what we all agreed upon."

Picking up her coffee, Rose blew across the steaming top. "Say it all, Blanche."

"Do I have to?" When her pretty pout didn't get her the desired response, Blanche sighed. Things were easier in the old days when she was devastatingly beautiful instead of just merely heart stopping beautiful. "Oh, all right. You were right, and I'm sorry. I hope you choke on it."

"Thank you, Blanche." Sitting back, Rose enjoyed a good chuckle. She didn't want to think about the fact they still had two others to interview today.

"Well, how are we going to deal with this? We've been through fifteen perspective roommates today and not a one is even remotely tolerable." Blanche was about to take another bite of her cookie, then thought better of it. Putting it back on the plate, she dusted off her hands. "If this keeps up, I'm going to balloon up. We have got to make a decision."

"I say, if the next two don't pan out, we turn it in to a guest room and leave it at that." Sophia looked to the other girls. When they nodded, she tilted her head. "Case dismissed!"

Blanche had to shake her head. If it weren't for their antics, she wasn't sure they would have made it this far. "I think someone's been watching too much 'People's Court'."

"Really? Who?" Rose didn't have to look up to know she had spoken without thinking again. "I know, shut up, Rose."

 

THE END..........................

Series this work belongs to: