Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of The Seeds That We Sow
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2009-06-03
Words:
3,066
Chapters:
3/3
Comments:
1
Kudos:
29
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
2,631

Everything Changes

Summary:

When things can’t be forgotten it drives a wedge between the two lovers. In America Dean and Sam find out the demons have not only left Wyoming (the gates of hell) but America and gone across the pond to…….Cardiff?????

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Rating: PG at the moment
Pairing: Jack/Ianto,
Spoilers: Ummm all of Torchwood because you need to know the characters and Supernatural
Disclaimer: I do not own anything from Torchwood or Supernatural. I wish.
N/B This is the story that follows on from Private School and is before Something Supernatural.

Chapter Text

Everything Changes
by Wereleopard

 

Ianto walked around the hub slowly picking up the cups. His body ached but the main thing was that he and Kelly were both alive, his brother wasn’t. That meant his niece was safe.

He stopped as a petite woman appeared in front of him. “Ianto.” Tosh said her hands on her hips.

“Tosh.” He replied trying not to smile.

“Ianto when I said your name it was a question, as in what the hell do you think you are doing?” Tosh glared.

Ianto raised a cup. “Uhh tidying up.”

Tosh shook her head. “Ianto.” She said warningly.

Ianto laughed and put the cup down. “Ok I surrender.”

A smile covered her attractive face. “So how about you and me having a meal tonight.”

“Sounds like a date.”

“Ok I’ll go and book a table; we’ll head of straight after work.”

“Cool.”

Ianto grinned as he watched Tosh walk away.

“Ianto.”

The young Welshman jumped at the sound of his lover’s voice. “Jack next time give me a little warning.”

“I was thinking maybe we could do something tonight.”

“Sorry Jack can I get a rain check I am busy tonight.” Ianto said with a smile.

Jack’s face darkened and was suspicious just for a moment, then it vanished and his face was blank.

“Really, busy with what?” He asked.

Ianto frowned, slightly but forced a smile. “I have a date.” He said jokingly.

“A date with who, friends of your niece or have you found another man?”

“Jack what the hell are you talking about. I was joking. I’m having dinner with Tosh if that is ok with you.” Ianto turned without waiting for answer and walked away.

“Ianto.” Jack called out. Ianto turned to look at him coolly. “I’m sorry.”

“Yeah, fine.” Ianto left Jack to check on the supplies, important things like coffee.

XXXXX

It had been a long day, Ianto sat up in the tourist centre waiting for Tosh. He ran back through things in his mind. Something was definitely wrong with Jack.

His whole attitude had changed one minute he was overprotective, then he would switch into jealousy but that wasn’t the only thing. What made Ianto worried was how he was with Gwen, the longer lingering touches, the looks. Ianto felt as if he were losing the man he loved.

Tosh came through the secret door and smiled at him. “You ready?”

Ianto nodded he wasn’t sure how good his company was going to be but it beat moping around, alone. As the saying goes misery loves company.

XXXXX

Jack sat at his desk staring at nothing.

“Jack?” Gwen said as she walked over to him.

“Gwen I..” Jack stuttered.

“What is it?” She asked reaching out and softly touching his shoulder.

“Ianto, I keep thinking he is hiding something from me.”

“Jack you need to talk to him.”

“I need to talk to someone else first to figure out what is going on before I do that, it’s not just the about that.”

“Why don’t I let Rhys know that I’m going out for dinner and we can talk? How does that sound?”

“That sounds great thank you Gwen.” Jack stared into her eyes.

Gwen ducked her head blushing slightly.

XXXXX

Ianto sat at the table pushing his food around the plate staring at it like it was going to tell him the meaning of life.

“So I’m that boring am I?” Tosh said with a smile.

Ianto looked up suddenly. “I’m sorry Tosh; I’m not great company tonight.”

Tosh frowned. “What’s wrong?”

“I…” Ianto stopped Jack and Gwen were her friends too.

Tosh watched him for a moment and that it hit her. “It’s about Jack, isn’t it? Tell me Ianto.”

“They’re your friends too.” Ianto shut his mouth quickly as he realised what he had said.

“They’re, you mean Jack and Gwen don’t you?”

“I saw CCTV footage of them kissing and now Jack is one minute overprotective, then he gets jealousy, then he goes to Gwen.” Ianto closed his eyes took a deep breath, and then opened them. “You knew I can see it in your face.”

“I deleted the footage; I obviously didn’t do it early enough. You had been through so much and I think it only happened because of worry.”

“Tosh I think there is something going on between them.”

“Don’t be silly Ianto, Jack loves you.”

“I know, well I thought he did.”

“Come on let’s get out of her. We’ll go back to mine, it’s closer and we can have a few drinks and we can have this conversation in private.

Ianto paid the bill and they headed out of the restaurant. They slowly walked towards Tosh’s place arm in arm. Ianto suddenly stopped, Tosh turned and her jaw dropped.

Jack and Gwen were sitting having a meal. Jack leant over and swiped his thumb across her lips, her tongue following the path it had made.

Ianto felt the tears in his eyes, he could feel and small hand pulling him away.

“Come on Ianto, you can stay at my place tonight.”

Gwen turned slightly and saw Ianto, the pain in his face. Deep down she knew that she should have told Jack but this was her time with him. Guilt ate at her but it didn’t stop her from smiling happily at the man in front of her.

 

end part 1