Actions

Work Header

Happy Fourth of July

Summary:

Judson lay reclined back on the deck lounger, a cold beer in hand, stomach full from the feast of grilled hamburgers, potatoe salad, baked beans, corn on the cob, watermelon and home made ice cream.

Work Text:

Happy Fourth of July
by Lyn

Judson lay reclined back on the deck lounger, a cold beer in hand, stomach full from the feast of grilled hamburgers, potatoe salad, baked beans, corn on the cob, watermelon and home made ice cream.

Darkness had fallen and as he lay there the fireworks started up, shooting out over the bay. Mac and Gabe had brought a radio up on deck and they could listen to the musical choreography that went along with teh display. Bright bursts of red, blue, green, white and gold exploded in the sky above in balls of light. Even the occasional shape of stars, circles and hearts.

As the final song started up, the fireworks increased in intensity, building up to a grand finale. Judson listened as his partners exclaimed and remarked about the display as their eyes looked upward.

"Great show wasn't it Judson?" Gabe asked as the last few explosions came to an end and the sprks settled in teh sky.

Judson smiled as he stared out to sea, the stars sparkling in the sky and in the reflection of the water had been his own personal fireworks show.

"It sure is..." he said as he took a sip of his beer and continued to watch as the stars performed just for him.


Have a safe and Happy Fourth everyone!