Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
328
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
11
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,052

Just out of Reach.

Summary:

Gibb's thoughts on why he hates Father's Day.

Disclaimer: I do not own NCIS; it is the property of its respective creators. I do however, own the plotline. 

 

Work Text:

 

Just out of Reach.

 

Disclaimer: I do not own NCIS; it is the property of its respective creators. I do however, own the plotline. 

     Leroy Jethro Gibbs hated Father's Day.  All the happy families, the day meant to celebrate the relationship between Fathers and their children. His relationship with his Father was strained at the best of times.  He didn't have any children to celebrate with, not anymore.

 

     Kelly Marie Gibbs had been a beautiful eight year old girl, and would have been just as beautiful a woman, like her Mother, Shannon.  Kelly hated it when her Daddy had to deploy, off to the horrors she worried night and day that he was in.  

 

     Shannon had understood, that he loved his family more then anything, but he needed to help those who needed it more.  Now how he wished he had just stayed home with his girls.  Maybe then they would be alive, and he wouldn't have to spend this miserable holiday alone. 

 

    He could still hear the last thing Kelly ever said to him. "Daddy, please don't go, Daddy!" she sobbed.  Her mother wrapped her loving arms around her sobbing frame.  And he had looked away, not knowing he would never see her or Shannon alive again.

 

    What he would do now, to promise her, "Daddy's not going anywhere."  What he wouldn't do to see them both beside him.  Most likely he'd have grandchildren to spoil, and he wouldn't be broken inside, like a crystal, looking strong on the outside, yet easily shattered with the simplest touch.   

 

     As he drowned another glass of bourbon, he whispered, as he saw Kelly in his mind, "Don't leave Kelly, please, don't leave."  She danced for him just like she had in life, just out of his reach.  It was now his turn to cry for someone far, far, away.

By Valerie Portolano- AKA SongBirdie