Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
395
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
3
Hits:
1,065

Ziva David American.

Summary:

Ziva reflects on her new life in America. 

Work Text:

                                                 

   

        I wonder what my Father would think, to see me as an American, Ziva David wondered dryly.        

This is not where I thought I’d end up when I transferred here from Israel.  A job I love, that’s legal.   A team of friends to watch my back, and just to hang out with, so very different from Mossad.  And a man that I love, who loves me back.    

 I have no doubt my Father doesn’t approve.  He’s made that perfectly clear in the past.  Then, I stopped caring what my Father thinks the day I heard Ari explain how he ruined his life.  The day I killed my brother to save Gibbs.     

 Who am I kidding?  As much as I pretend otherwise I’m still the little girl who wants to hear once, just once, from Papa’s lips that he’s proud of me. Just what Ari wanted to hear as well.  Look where it got him.  A dead traitor to his country.  I refuse to make the same mistake he did.  Thankfully for me, I have what Ari didn’t, a family to watch my back.  

    Gibbs, so much like my Father, yet so different.  A soldier devoted to his country, a man who knows what he wants, and figures out how to get it.  Yet, he puts his teams needs before his own. 

   Jenny, my first real friend. Being a assassin doesn’t leave you much time to socialize. She gave me a place to start over, once Israel wasn’t an option anymore.

    McGee, he is a good agent and an even better friend. His was the only friendly face to greet me when I came to America,[besides Jenny’s.]

    Abby, She was a puzzle to me when we met, such a dark exterior, yet so sunny, well, to all but me. We’ve worked that out however.   

Ducky, an oddball of a man, still, one of the smartest, kindest and quirkiest I’ve ever met.   

 Last, but not least, my boyfriend and partner Tony.  I have never felt the way I do for him with anyone else.  He makes me smile when I’m sad, want to pull my hair out with his movie references, and, all and all, just plain happier.   

So, yes, maybe, I’m not Papa’s little girl anymore, but honestly?  I don’t really see the down side to that fact of life.