Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
329
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,030

Fearless

Summary:

Summary:  Dean Winchester is fearless…until he isn’t.

Work Text:

Fearless
by Sam-Tony

 

 

When Sam is by his side, Dean Winchester is fearless.  
 
When they’re together, the two brothers are seamless.  Unstoppable.  Unshakable when they’re on top of their game.  Together, there’s nothing the two of them can’t do - no supernatural baddies they can’t kill, no matter how nasty or powerful or otherwise determined they are to be the one to take the brothers down.
 
Together with his brother, Dean can almost believe they can stop this war - even come out on top…
 
But that had been before Ruby.  Before Castiel.  Before Lillith and Alistair and Uriel had all stepped in to come between them.
 
That had been before Hell and Perdition and before Sam had been shot down again and again until he had grimly decided the only way to rescue Dean from the Pit was to strengthen the power in his demon blood.
 
It had been before Dean had found out that he had been destined to be the first Seal to break and the last to be broken…
 
Before he had realized - and after everyone else had already known - that the only one able to break him, truly break him, was Sam.
 
And it had been before he found himself facing off against his brother, Sam’s normally green eyes glowing the sickly yellow of Dean’s nightmares with a whole host of demons gathered behind him…and another host of angels behind Dean.
 
There had been a time - *before* - when Dean Winchester had been fearless, but that time was now long gone, though standing before his brother with the fate of the world on his shoulders, Dean still felt no fear.
 
The weary despair that filled him as he looked into his little brother’s eyes and finally acknowledged the demon within simply left no room for anything else but a grim determination.
 
Fearless or not, he still had a mission; he still had a brother to save.  And if he failed in saving Sam, well then the world didn’t really matter, did it?
 

End