Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
250
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,482

Jesus in Your Oatmeal

Summary:

answer to Jesus in your oatmeal prompt

Work Text:

Stacie waltzed into the kitchen for breakfast, humming cheerfully. Mickey was the only one at the table and she kissed the side of his head. “Morning.”

Mickey stared into his oatmeal. “Morning,” he answered absently.

She popped a bagel in the toaster and poured herself a cup of coffee. “Is Albie out already?”

Mickey scooped a spoonful of oatmeal, held it up, and let it fall back into the bowl. “Yes. The prospective mark is an early riser.”

She nodded, brought her food back to the table, and sat next to him. She watched him stir his oatmeal, watching it intently. She nudged him. “You all right?”

“Hmm?”

She elbowed him harder. “Is something wrong?”

His eyes got wide and he shook his head. “No. I should remember to knock first,” he mumbled.

“What do you mean?”

“Stupid,” he muttered under his breath more to himself than to her.

She wrapped an arm around his shoulders and gave him a squeeze. “Geez, Mickey. You look like you’ve just seen Jesus in your oatmeal. What happened?”

He finally looked at her. He frowned and bit his bottom lip. “I walked in on them.”

She stared at him blankly. “Who?”

He blanched. “Ash and Danny,” he answered barely loud enough for her to hear.

Her eyes got wide. “Really, you….”

“Yeah.”

“Did they notice you?”

“Yeah,” Mickey answered as if he was in pain. “Told me to get the fuck out.”

She let out a long sigh and then grinned at him. “You’re right,” she said brightly. “You should remember to knock and they should remember to lock the door.”