Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2009-04-13
Words:
3,690
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
2
Kudos:
11
Bookmarks:
5
Hits:
2,082

Love Me For Who I Am

Summary:

After losing his legs in an accident Don returns as leader of the Violent Crime Squad, not everybody is happy with that. But what if Ian wants that somebody to join him and Don? *snickers* Author’s note: My first one for Numb3rs.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Fandom: Numb3rs.
Pairing: Don/Ian, Don/Ian/Colby.
Ratings: FRT 13.
Warnings: Fluff, Colby being a jerk (will change though, no worries) disability (amputation)
Disclaimer: I don’t own them.
Beta: SRS/Silvia *hugs* As always thanks a bunches girl.

Chapter Text

Love Me For Who I Am.
by Aiden

 

Don woke up and turned on his back, moaning. It was way too early to be getting up, but he was going to be meeting his lover this morning, before he was schedule to start at the Violent Crime Squad - again.

He’d never thought the FBI would take him back. When he’d submitted his request to return as leader of the VCS, he’d thought it was a long shot, but to his surprise, they had accepted his request and he would return as leader with all the benefits. It seemed they still valued him as a leader because of his years of experience in the field.

A soft knock on his door made him groan; he knew who it was.

“Don, are you up?” Charlie’s voice came from the other side of the door.

“Yeah, come in, Charlie,” Don answered, slowly sitting up.

Grinning at his brother, Charlie entered the room. “Good morning. I heard you sneak in last night.”

“Morning, bro.” Don smiled at him. “Yeah, Ian wasn’t home and the house felt empty without him. So I thought I’d crash here.”

“You’re going to meet up with him before coming to the office?” Charlie asked.

Don nodded, smiling. “Yeah, gonna do a little wrestling.”

“Just a little wrestling?” Charlie teased his brother. Realizing that he was running late, Charlie walked back to the door. “I’ve got to go. See you later at the office.”

“Yeah, you will,” Don said, sighing.

~.~

Don grabbed hold of Ian’s leg and pulled him down, getting on top of him pinning him down with his upper body strength. It took a few seconds before Ian patted the mat and Don eased his hold on his lover.

Rolling off of him, Don laid next to Ian, panting heavily. “Fuck, I’m getting old.”

“Yeah, right,” Ian said, rolling his eyes.

There was some commotion by the door as two agents, strolled into the gym, which was located in the basement of the FBI building and reserved only for agents.  Ian looked up and saw woman and a man approach them. The woman was tall and pretty, the man was dark skinned and well muscled. They both stopped at the mats and watched the two men wrestle.

FBI Agent Megan Reeves looked at the men, one man was tall and handsome, with his dark hair and tanned skin. The other man was shirtless revealing broad shoulders, a well toned muscled chest and strong arms. She was amazed and surprised when he once again pinned down his sparing partner, since he was a double leg amputee. The altered sweatpants fit firmly around his stumps, revealing his condition. Both legs had been removed a few inches above his knees, the left one even shorter then the right one.

Don rolled off Ian, panting, trying to catch his breath.

Ian looked up at the agents. “Uhm, Don, I think they want to use the mat. Let’s go, old man,” Ian teased his lover.

Don didn’t move. “Do I have to get up?”

“What, not done yet?” Ian stood, hovering above his friend.

Don looked up, a mischievous smile on his face. “Uhm, no actually.” Before Ian knew what hit him, Don sat up pushing himself up until he was supporting himself on his arms and right stump. He hooked his right arm behind Ian’s left knee and pulled, making the other man land on his ass.

 “Shit, that is not fair,” Ian protested.

“Who said anything about following the rules,” Don snickered. He swiftly moved behind Ian and caught him in a chokehold. A few seconds later, Ian tapped the mat and Don let him go.

Both man laid on the mat, panting and grinning. “Okay got enough now?” Ian asked.

Don nodded. “Yep, beat you again.” He pushed himself up on his elbows and looked at his friend. “But, hey, you’re a better shot then I am.”

Ian snorted. “Oh, joy.” He got up and moved off the mat, returning a few minutes later with a wheelchair.

Don hand-walked to the end of the mat and pulled himself up into the chair with an ease that revealed years of practice. He winced. “Oh, man, I’m going to be so sore tomorrow,” he said.

“You deserve it,” Ian growled.

Don grinned. “Sore loser?”

Flipping his friend off, Ian walked to the showers. “Yep, sore loser,” Don grinned and followed his friend.

“Did you see that?” The Megan asked, amazed about what she had witnessed.

FBI Agent David Sinclair nodded. “Yeah, he had some good moves.”

Don was sitting on a bench in a shower stall, letting the hot water cascade over his back. Moving his sore muscles, he groaned. “Ouch, I’m gonna feel that tomorrow.” But it had been worth it.

He loved wrestling with his lover and getting physical exercise at the same time. He knew that most people in his condition wouldn’t consider wrestling, but he had always loved the sport - and that hadn’t changed after he’d lost his legs.

He closed his eyes as he remembered his accident. It had been over four years now. Shuddering, he remembered the agonising pain and the realization that he wouldn’t be getting out of there undamaged. When he’d woken up at the hospital, and they’d told him that they hadn’t been able to save his legs, he had wanted to die. He’d felt that his life was over.

“Don, you’re still in there?” Ian walked into the shower area.

He smiled. Ian had been his saviour - and his lover. If it hadn’t been for him, Don was sure that he wouldn’t have made it. The tall, brooding agent had pulled him through, always being there for him -
for better or for worse. Ian had never left his side even though Don had made it clear to him that he didn’t want to see him anymore.

Turning off the shower, he lowered himself down from the bench and transferred into his wheelchair.

“You’re okay?” Ian asked him, when Don moved towards him.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” he reassured his lover. He knew that Ian still worried about him, even after all this time. He was definitely the only one who got away with babying him. He’d earned that right.

He wheeled out of the shower area and headed towards the locker rooms, pulled his clothes out of his locker and transferred from his chair onto the bench.

Ian was still surprised how easily Don did it all. He had come a long way since the accident. Hell, his lover had beaten him at wrestling. He watched Don getting dressed, sighing with pleasure when he saw the muscles move under the tanned, smooth skin. His lover had always been well muscled, but he was even more so now.

“You want a massage later?” Ian walked over to him and sat down on the bench next to him. Looking around to make sure no one was nearby, Ian leant forward and he took Don’s mouth in a heated kiss.

“Mmhmm, that would be great, but I don’t know when I’ll be home,” Don said when they broke it off.

Ian moved his finger over Don’s lower lip. “I’ll wait up for you.”

Don caught Ian’s finger between his teeth, sucking on it. He smiled when his lover started to moan. He released the finger and leant forward, kissing his lover long and deep. “I can’t wait for that massage.”

~.~

“So, who is our new boss? You know him?” Colby asked Megan.

“Special Agent Don Eppes,” Megan said.

“What do we know about him?” David asked, standing next to his team mates.

Megan looked through the file she held in her hand. “He led the Violent Crime Squad before he had an accident on the job.”

“What kind of accident?” Colby asked her, curious.

Megan read the next page. “It says here that it happened during a take-down. It was a trap. Agent Eppes and another agent were the sole survivors of the explosion. He lost his whole team that day. Agent Eppes was trapped under a collapsing ceiling that crushed his legs. They got him out after three hours. He is coming back after four years of absence.”

 “Well, we meet again,” someone called out. They all turned around and saw a man in a wheelchair approaching them. Megan and David recognised him as the agent they had seen wrestling earlier at the gym.

Megan smiled at him. “You’re Agent Eppes? I’m Megan Reeves. Nice to meet you.” She walked over to him, extending her hand.

“Nice meeting you, too, Megan Reeves,” Don answered, smiling back, shaking her hand.

David got closer. “You had some good moves back there,” he said. “ I’m David Sinclair.”

“Nice meeting you, David.”

Colby reluctantly walked over to the group. “I’m Colby Granger,” he said, but didn’t shake Don’s hand.

Don stared at him hard for a moment. He could tell that the other agent was uncomfortable around him. He could guess why… He got a gut feeling that Colby Granger was going to be a problem. So, the blond didn’t like it getting stuck with a boss in a wheelchair. Well, too bad.

Don had read Colby’s file and admired the man, who had seen combat during his tour in Afghanistan.  Maybe given time, the man would come around.

“Hey, guys,” Charlie said, approaching them.

Don looked up and smiled at his brother. “Hi, buddy.”

 “So, how was the wrestling match?” Charlie smiled at his brother.

“Oh, I wiped the floor with him.” Don grinned.

“Yeah, that was very impressive. You had some really good moves,” David said.

Don inclined his head. “Thank you. It has to do with upper body strength. I did some wrestling before the accident. The only difference is I can only use my upper body now.” He made a wrong move and groaned. “Ouch, I’m going to feel that tomorrow.”

“You’re getting old, bro,” Charlie teased him.

Don snorted. “Watch your tongue, Chuck.”

Megan looked at both of them. “I should have known – ‘Eppes’.”

Charlie snickered. “Yep, Don is my big brother. Well, I have to get to school. See you later.”

“Yeah buddy see you later,” Don called out.  He looked at his agents. “Someone want to bring me up to speed?”

“Yeah, of course,” Megan nodded. “Let’s go to the war room.” She walked towards a conference room, followed by Don and David.

Colby watched Don wheel towards the war room and snorted. Former field agent or not, that cripple wasn’t going to tell him how to do his job. He must have pulled in some big favours to land that job.

 

end part 1