Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
195
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,534

Sentinelized joke

Summary:

Just enjoy

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Sentinelized joke
by Scribe

Simon and Jim entered the Bull Pen to find everyone else gathered around Sandburg's desk.  The center of attention was soon clear--a small dog was accepting pats and snacks.

"Sandburg!" growled Simon.  "That doesn't look like a K9 officer to me, and if it isn't, it doesn't belong here."

"He's part of a communications experiment at the university," Sandburg said.  "I'm just watching him for a few minutes while his handler gives a statement downstairs."

"What sort of animal experiments are they doing?" Jim asked suspiciously.

"Nothing harmful, Big Guy," Blair assured him.  "They're working on speech.  This dog can talk!"  There were snorts all around.  "No, really.  I'll prove it."  He looked at the little dog.  "How does sandpaper feel?"

The dog went, "Ruff, ruff!"

"What covers a house?"

"Roof, roof!"

"Whose the greatest baseball player ever?"

"Ruth, ruth!"

Blair glanced at Jim mischieviously.  "Who's the best looking detective in the room?"

"Rafe, rafe!"

Simon had enough.  "GET THAT ANIMAL OUT OF HERE!"

Blair took the dog out into the corridor.  He looked down at it and said, "Nice going."

The dog shrugged.  "I should have said Ellison?"

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Scribe.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.