Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2011-05-25
Words:
52,632
Chapters:
13/13
Comments:
1
Kudos:
26
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
4,148

Lost in the Woods

Summary:

Summary: Danny and Martin decide to go on a weekend hiking adventure but they run into serious trouble when they run into dangerous criminals that threaten their lives. Will they escape the wilderness with their lives or will they suffer a terrible demise? Please R and R. All feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Permission to archive: Yes
Fandom(s): Without A Trace
Genre: General
Pairing/Characters: Danny/Martin Friendship, the rest of the team
Rating: FRT-13

Chapter Text

Lost in the Woods
by wildlightning
wildlightning@univision.com

 

 

Chapter 1

After having worked on a very difficult case for a week, nonstop, Jack told Danny and Martin that they could have the weekend off, beginning Friday. They gladly accepted as they thanked Jack and left his office completely exhausted.

 

"So, have you decided what you're going to do this weekend, Fitzy? Maybe get together with a couple of hot ladies. " Danny said with a yawn and then chuckled amused when Martin reddened furiously.

 

"Actually, I'm thinking about going hiking for the weekend. I've wanted to go for a while now but since we've been so busy here I haven't been able to. What about you? What are you going to do this weekend? I bet you've got a couple of hot dates already lined up, don't you?" Martin said with an amused grin and then chuckled at the way Danny pouted.

 

"Not this time. All the beautiful ladies turned down poor little me." Danny said with a pout and then grinned as he picked up his things. "Anyway, see you Monday. Have a good trip." He said kindly and then left towards the elevator.

 

"Danny, wait." Martin called out as he picked up his backpack and headed towards the elevator, causing him to go inside after Danny held the elevator door open. "Look, if you're really not doing anything, you're welcome to tag along for the weekend." Martin said kindly.

 

"I don't know, Fitzy. I mean, I don't know anything about hiking or climbing." Danny said with a mock distasteful face and then laughed when Martin glared at him crossly. "Alright, alright, I was just messing with you. I'd love to go. But tell me when, where and what to pack and I'll go." He said chuckling amused.

 

"Alright, pack for the weekend and I'll take care of the rest. And make sure you take either hiking boots or shoes." Martin said chuckling amused. "By the way, make sure that you're up by six a.m." He said amused and then laughed relentlessly when Danny's eyes bugged out.

 

"Aw, come on, Fitzy. Are you nuts? That's too early. I'm not a morning person. I like sleeping in late." Danny said a crossly tone but with a smile.

 

"Come on. What are you are a man or a mouse? Stop being so lazy. I'll pick you up at six-thirty, sharp. And I'm going to call you at five-thirty just to wake your lazy butt up." Martin laughed very amused.

 

"Fine. I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight." Danny said with an exasperated sigh as he smiled and then chuckled amused as he and Martin shook hands and parted ways.

FRIDAY MORNING 6:15AM…

Danny groaned loudly and annoyed as his alarm clock shrilled loudly for the third time.

 

"Oh, shut up!" Danny groaned annoyed and fell asleep again after he hit the snooze button once more. But that rest was short-lived as his phone began ringing loudly. "Hello, Martin." He said annoyed when he saw the caller ID on his phone, causing him to scoff amused when Martin began laughing loudly.

 

"Rise and shine, sleeping beauty. It's 6:15 and I'm just a few minutes from your apartment." Martin said laughing amused.

 

"You're such an ass, Fitzy." Danny chuckled incredulously. "You've still got the spare key that I gave you when I went on vacation the last time. Remember, the one that I gave you so that you could water my plants while I was gone. So, stop being lazy and let yourself inside. I'm going to go take a shower, you nerd. I'll see you here." He said crossly but with a smile as he got up from bed and grabbed his underwear and clean clothes, causing Martin to laugh hysterically.

 

"I'll be there in fifteen minutes." Martin laughed amused and then ended the call, causing him to arrive at Danny's apartment ten minutes later with breakfast and let himself inside.

 

When he entered Danny's apartment he couldn't help but laugh quietly as he heard Danny singing in the shower. He put breakfast on the table and started a pot of coffee. But Danny hadn't realized that Martin was there as he exited the bathroom dancing and singing.

 

"I believe in miracles. Where you from, you sexy thing? I believe in miracles since you came along, you sexy thing. Kiss me baby. You sexy thing. You sexy thing." Danny sang and danced unknowingly, causing him to flinch but then redden furiously when Martin began laughing hysterically as he held his stomach.

 

"Ha, ha, ha! And you have the gall to call me a nerd. You sexy thing." Martin laughed hysterically as he held his stomach and tears of laughter escaped his eyes, causing him to laugh harder as Danny threw his wet towel at him.

 

"You jerk, I didn't know that you were here." Danny said embarrassed as he smiled.

 

"Well, you sexy thing, I'm here. Breakfast is on the table and I've got a pot of coffee going already." Martin teased chuckling amused as Danny sat at the table and began eating. "Here you go. This'll wake you up." Martin said amused as he gave Danny a cup of black coffee.

 

"Mmm. Thanks. Sit down and eat. So, where are we going?" Danny said with a yawn as they ate and drank coffee.

 

"We're going hiking for the weekend." Martin said smiling as they continued eating.

 

"I know that, you nerd. I was asking where we're going?" Danny chuckled amused.

 

"Oh. Well, we're hiking in the Santanoni Range in Adirondacks." Martin said kindly as he read the newspaper and drank his remaining coffee. "Before we go, though, I'm going to let Jack know where we'll be in case he needs us." Martin said kindly as he dialed Jack's number.

 

"Malone." Jack said a bit grumpily that someone would be calling him this early.

 

"Jack, it's Martin. Did I wake you?" Martin said concerned.

 

"No. I'm already at the office. What are you doing calling me? I told you that you had the weekend off." Jack said a bit grumpy but kindly.

 

"Actually, that's why I was calling you. I wanted to let you know that Danny and I are headed to the Santanoni Range in Adirondack, if you need us. We'll be back to work on Monday morning." Martin said kindly.

 

"Well, you're nuts for going there. You do know that they call that place pergatory or hell on earth because it's trecherious, don't you? Anyway, thanks for the call and enjoy the weekend—if you can. But I expect you here bright and early Monday morning." Jack said with a small smile.

 

"Thanks, Jack. We'll see you on Monday." Martin said chuckling amused and then ended the call.

 

"What did Jack say?" Danny said confused at Martin's reaction.

 

"Nothing, just to enjoy the weekend and that he expects us at work bright and early on Monday." Martin said with a smile but Danny knew that he wasn't telling the entire truth of what Jack told him. "Anyway, we've got to get going. Are you ready?" Martin said amused as he cleaned up the soiled dishes.

 

"Yeah. Just let me grab my stuff and we'll leave." Danny said with a yawn as he grabbed his backpack and put his shades on his head. "Are you sure you know what you're doing, Fitzy? I only have extra clothes in here and a pocketknife." Danny suddenly said a bit uncertain because he didn't know anything about hiking.

 

"Don't worry about anything, Danny. Alright? I've got everything we need, in the car—a map, compass, extra food, water, water filters, matches, a knive, flashlights…the list goes on. Just relax. This weekend is going to be great, you'll see." Martin said caringly and they left downstairs to Martin's car, causing them to drive away.

 

Martin continued driving for two hours as they talked, laughed and talked about women. After what felt like forever, Danny and Martin arrived at their destination. They geared up, secured the car and began walking towards a forest ranger who was handing out flyers.

 

"Good morning, gentleman. What brings you here today?" The ranger said kindly.

 

"We're just taking on the Santanoni Range." Martin said kindly with a smile and the ranger whistled in complete surprise as he made a face.

 

"What?" Danny said uncertain.

 

"It's just that we've had a lot of people get lost and hurt out there. Just be careful and you'll be fine. And watch out for any wildlife." The ranger said kindly as he shook their hands once more.

 

"Thanks a lot. Take care." Martin said kindly and then he and Danny walked away.

 

"Martin, you're out your mind and me too for letting you bring me here. You heard what he said. You're nuts." Danny said crossly as they began walking the trail, causing Martin to smile and softly chuckle amused.

 

"Danny, relax. Nothing's going to happen and we're going to have a great time you'll see. So, just relax and enjoy the scenery." Martin said caringly as they contiued walking along the trail and then climbed on a bridge.

 

As they began their ascent, Danny and Martin couldn't begin to imagine that this was going to be an adventure that neither of them would ever forget—an adventure that would test their friendship and their will to survive.

 

end part 1

--------------
Author's Note: The song that Danny was singing when he came out of the shower was `I Believe in Miracles (You Sexy Thing) By: Hot Chocolate.