Actions

Work Header

Blood Hunt

Summary:

Horatio discovers the true nature of his mate.

Work Text:

Mating Rituals 10 Blood Hunt
by Aiden

Chapter Ten: Blood Hunt.

Horatio watched as the shaman blessed the enforcers before they went on the Blood Hunt, which would bring down those responsible for the young boy's death. The enforcers bowed their heads and made a promise not to rest until they'd found the beasts.

Horatio looked at his mate and saw the tension written all over his face.

"Are you ready?" Nick asked, standing next to Horatio.

"I don't know," Horatio answered truthfully. "I'm still not comfortable with the fact that they are going to hunt down a man and kill him in cold blood."

Nick snorted. "You call him a man? To us, he is the monster. We know that people don't trust us, and some would even say we're blood thirsty. It had crossed your mind, too, right?" Nick shrugged coldly. "But we would never murder an innocent child or woman. So, who's the real killer?"

Horatio lowered his head, knowing that Nick was right. All his life, he had read everything he could about werewolves, but the lessons had been very mixed. Growing up, his parents had always taught him to not trust any werewolf. They'd repeatedly told him that they were blood thirsty monsters, only out for blood. But when he'd joined the force, he had learned other things. And now, he knew that not all werewolves were bad or blood thirsty. What he had seen in the last few days had only confirmed what he'd always suspected.

"Are you ready?" they heard Gil call out to the enforcers.

Nodding their heads, they'd all replied. "Yes, we are!"

Speed raised his head and howled, the others quickly joined in his song. The foot soldiers started running, transforming into their true form as they went. They were immediately followed by the enforcers.

Watching in awe, Horatio witnessed the transformation, but kept his eye on his mate. "He is beautiful," he whispered.

Nick grinned, glad for the momentary respite. "You have it so bad," he teased the redhead.

Blushing, Horatio sighed. "I never thought that someone could affect me so much."

"That is a mate's attraction," someone said.

Nick smiled at the young man Horatio had seen kissing one of the enforcers earlier. "Timothy," he greeted. "Horatio Caine, this is Timothy McGee, Scotty Valens mate. This is Horatio Caine, Speed's mate."

"Nice to meet you," Tim said as he shook Horatio's hand. "This whole mate business can be a little confusing at first. If you ever need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to ask."

Horatio nodded respectfully at the younger man.

"When are your friends coming?" Nick asked as Timothy.

"This afternoon," Timothy answered. "So, you're a CSI?" he asked Horatio.

"Yes, I am," he smiled at him.

Looking at Nick, Timothy smirked. "What is it with you wolves and your attraction to cops?" Turning to Horatio, he explained. "I'm an agent at the NCIS."

Smiling, Nick shrugged his shoulders. "I have no idea. Even Jax found himself a cop."

Greg walked up to them with Mac at his side. See how close the two were standing, Horatio figured that the mating process was going a lot more smoothly with these two.

All of the sudden a howl was heard.

"They have a trail," Nick explained.

"It won't be long now," Greg said soberly.

~.~

One of the foot soldiers had found a trail and Speed ran up to him, smelling the air. 'He's close,' he sent out to the others.

They all bowed their heads to Speed, knowing that the beast's fate rested solely in his hands. The wolf started to run, followed by the others. The foot soldiers stayed behind, sure that their masters would find the rogue and justice would be served.

It didn't take the enforcers long to gain on the rogue, picking up his scent. They all spread out, approaching from different directions. Working together as a well-oiled machine, it didn't take them long to trap the rogue in the middle of their ever-tightening circle.

He had thought he was safe from the wolves, thinking he was smarter than all of them. But a quick look at the wolves' anger had him instantly regretting his own stupidity. As he realized he had no
chance of escaping, he knelt down on the damp forest ground, desperately trying to save his hide.

"Please, I was forced to do it," the rogue pleaded.

Speed moved closer to the human, rage glittering in his eye. "You really think we'd believe you?" he growled.

"Please, I don't want to die," the rogue whimpered, looking up at the angry enforcers. With every minute that passed, he grew certain that he would be dead by the end of the day.

"He was just a kid," Speed shouted in his face as he stood over him, canines ready to rip his throat out.

'Speed,' Scotty warned him silently. 'Not yet.'

Turning to face Scotty, Speed growled, but knew that the young wolf was right. He had to bring the rogue to face the pack. Then, he would have his vengeance.

Snarling at the cowering human, he warned to rogue. "If you try to escape I kill you here and now."

"Get up," Jax prodded him in the ribs with his paw, not caring when he heard something crack.

Standing up, the rogue looked around for a way out but noticed that the circle of enforcers was too tight for him to make an escape. There was no way out. He lowered his head in defeat, knowing that his friends wouldn't come to save him.

Speed lifted his head and howled, letting the pack know that they found the monster.

~.~

"They found him," Greg said firmly.

Nick nodded. "Did you doubt it?"

Greg grinned ferociously. "Never."

A few moments later, they watched the enforcers approach, already transformed back into their human form. The rogue was brought into the clearing, the wolves snarling and growling at him.

Speed stepped forward and stood across from Gil. "We bring before you the monster who murdered Jacob, son and brother to all of us, warrior and future enforcer, taken from this world too soon."

"There is no doubt?" Gil asked, adhering to the Blood Hunt ritual. When Speed and the enforcers shook there heads, Gil lowered his head before the cringing rogue. "You are brought here before the pack to pay for your crimes. Taking a young innocent life in the wolf community is punishable by torture and death." Gill faced the pack and passed judgement. "This punishment will be performed by Black Shadow. Those who are opposed to this edict, speak now."

When none of the wolves interjected on the rogue's behalf, Gil turned towards Speed. "You will punish this monster as you see fit. No one here will interfere," he decried.

Speed nodded.

Seeing the blood lust in his mate's eyes, Horatio was taken back by it. In that moment, Horatio was really scared of his mate, suddenly realizing what his mate was truly capable of.

"I know how you feel," Timothy whispered to Horatio.

Elliot, who stood on Horatio's other side, nodded. "I've been with Jax for six years, and I still get scared of him sometimes."

"How do you deal with it?" Horatio asked.

Timothy smiled mischievously. "Keep thinking about the amazing sex."

Elliot smirked. "Just remember - that anger will never be targeted at us."

Horatio nodded, looking at his mate. Speed turned around and Horatio saw nothing but love in the young man's eyes. Elliot was right.

 

end part 10

Series this work belongs to: