Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
483
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,079

The Most Humiliating Time Of Year

Summary:

Simon's got some bad news for Blair...

Work Text:

The Most Humiliating Time Of Year
by Ami
SciFiCatGirl18@aol.com

 

"You have *got* to be kidding!"
 
"I'm sorry, Sandburg, but everyone has to participate, and you're the only one the costume will fit," Simon said apologetically.
 
"What about Megan?" Blair said, desperately searching for a way out of his predicament. "She and I are about the same size."
 
But Simon shook his head. "The costume is made for a guy -- her, uh, chest is too big for it. Besides, she's playing Mrs. Claus."
 
Blair flopped back in Simon's office chair and groaned. "Why me?" he asked rhetorically.
 
"I really am sorry about this, kid. But look at it this way -- Jim is going to be Santa, and as his Elf, you'll be right by his side throughout the whole party. You can help keep him from zoning," Simon pointed out.
 
Blair nodded sullenly; hundreds of kids would be at the Community Center for their Holiday Party, and with all that noise and confusion, it would be prime conditions for a zone-out. He'd have to keep a close eye on his lover. But he *still* thought it was completely unfair of the Mayor to make MC do this. "I'll never hear the end of this," he grumbled. "'Hairboy' as an Elf. Complete with a little hat and pointed ears and shoes. I thought once I became a cop and got past the rookie stage, I'd stop getting stuck with the grunt work."
 
Simon spread his hands. "I don't know what to tell you, Blair. But look at it this way -- everyone is going to be in costume. Henri is Rudolph and Rafe is Frosty the Snowman, so it's not like you'll have a monopoly on a silly outfit."
 
Blair shot Simon a look. "*You're* not going to be in costume," he pointed out.
 
Simon looked slightly ill. "Uh...yeah, I am." He tugged at his collar uncomfortably.
 
Blair perked up; if the captain had to do it, and was this unhappy with it, maybe all was not lost. "What're you going as?" he asked curiously.
 
Simon grimaced. "Jack Frost -- complete with silver makeup and a snowflake covered white suit. I'm the only one tall enough for it."
 
Blair smiled smugly. "Guess even being Captain doesn't get you out of this, huh, Simon?"
 
Simon scowled. "If you know what's good for you, Sandburg, you'll get out of here before I find something even more humiliating for you do."
 
Blair held up his hands, rose from his seat and backed carefully toward Simon's door. "OK, OK, I'm going."
 
Shutting the door behind him, he breathed a sigh of relief. "Man, and I thought Christmas was supposed to be a time of good cheer." Shaking his head, he headed off to find his partner and break the bad news to him -- Jim didn't even know about the Party yet.

 

end