Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
381
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,155

Just Right

Summary:

Blair's finally figured out something very, very important...

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Just Right
by romankate

 

Blair's leaning against a desk, eyes on Jim where he's standing by the squadroom door, telling some uniform what he expects. Telling him so he gets it just right.

He's too far away to hear but Blair imagines himself there; he's the one receiving the instructions. His tongue slides over his lips as he hears the strong voice making each point, clear and precise, those wonderful eyes boring into him, making sure he understands.

Making sure he gets it right.

That's very important. It took him a while to understand - a rueful smile touches Blair's lips - too long to understand just how important it was that he listened, that he got things right when Jim spoke to him that way.

This morning, when he'd finally understood, when Jim had touched him at last - he suppresses a groan as he remembers Jim touching him, his cries as Jim took him. Jim's howl of completion.

Blair stands up straighter, and the soft tug of his leather necklace sends jolt of anticipation down his spine. He focuses on the feel of the softened hide on his chest, touching his skin. When he'd first got the pieces he'd thought them symbols, worn them to feel closer to the spirits, to the earth.

Today he understands their true significance, their true power. Each piece of leather, properly treated, binds him to the man, his Sentinel, binds them one step closer.

Blair smiles and looks back at Jim. This time Ellison's looking back at him, a satisfied, proprietary smile on his face, and the cop he was talking to is walking away with a slightly dazed expression.

Jim crooks his head and Blair grins, crossing towards him, body on fire. It's all he can do to sedately walk the short distance that separates them.

"Well, Chief," Jim says, and drops a hand on Blair's shoulder. "I guess that's it for the day. You ready to go home? I got some... instructions for you."

"I hoped you did," Blair manages, mouth dry with desire and anticipation. "I was very interested in... the progress we made this morning."

"Oh yeah, Sandburg," Jim says, his hand propelling Blair out of the squadroom. "I think that needs further exploration. I'd like to get it - just right."

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author romankate.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.