Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
373
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
860

The Toughest Job Yet

Summary:

Parker meets a friend

Work Text:

The Toughest Job Yet
by Mady Bay

Parker stood next to the entrance to the Post Office.  Across the street was a small café, Frank and Mary's.  She'd been watching it for the past twenty minutes or so.  Watching the customers come and go, some staying to eat their meals, some coming out with take-out bags or cups of coffee in their hands.  Yesterday she watched the café from the gift shop on the other side of the Post Office; a different angle.  The day before that, she sat in her car in the back alley, watching the back entrance to the café.  The day before that, she was on the roof of the travel agent's office across the street.

She looked at her watch.  One p.m., right on the button; her mark was walking down the street toward the cafe.  Parker lifted the small binoculars to her eyes.  The woman entered the front door of the café and took a seat at a table to the right of the cash register.  The woman looked fleetingly at the menu that doubled as a placemat, but like the three days earlier, just asked for coffee and a chocolate chip muffin when the waitress took her order.

Parker watched until the woman took out a romance novel to read while she waited before dropping the binoculars from her eyes and letting out a sigh.  This was going to be tough.  Parker didn't think she'd ever planned something so difficult.  She took out her cell phone and sent the text.  "Tomorrow at one.  I'll be there."

LLL

At precisely one p.m., Parker stood in front of Frank and Mary's café.

"Alice!"

Parker turned to her left and put on a smile, something she found easier to do than she thought.  "Hi, Peggy."

"I'm so glad you were able to meet me, Alice," Peggy went on, linking arms with Parker, walking the two of them into the café.  "They have the best coffee and muffins here!"

"I can't wait to try them."

 

 

 

Author's Note:  Just something I've been wanting to write since that episode a few weeks ago...   And I'm wishing ff.net would fix their glitches so I can log on.  Anyone else having that problem??