Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
443
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,394

1-900-I-Love-You

Summary:

A phone bill leads to some revelations

Work Text:



1-900-I-Love-You
by Ami
SciFiCatGirl18@aol.com

 

 

"Hey, Jim," Blair said as his partner came through the door.

"Hey, Chief," Jim returned, going into the kitchen for a beer.

Blair took a deep breath. "So, Jim, since I'm a Detective now I make a bigger salary, and I decided to pay you back for all the times you paid the bills. The phone bill came today, and I was just wondering… Wanna tell me what's going on with all these 900 numbers?"

Jim choked on his swallow of beer. "Uh…" he said, blushing furiously.

Blair didn't let up. "And I've seen most of these numbers on TV. They're gay sex hotlines. Not that I have a problem if you *are* gay, but it would've been nice if you'd told me." Blair looked hurt.

Jim knew his secret was out. "I was lonely," he said quietly.

"And so you called sex hotlines?" Blair asked, confused. "If you wanted someone to talk to, you could've come to me. I'm cheaper."

Jim took a deep breath; he was about to go out on a limb. "I talked to them about you," he mumbled, only barely loud enough for Blair to hear him.

"About me? Why?" Blair asked bewilderedly.

Jim took a large swallow of his beer for courage. "I love you," he stated baldly. "I've loved you for a long time, but I didn't let myself realize it until you threw that press conference. But I didn't know how to it handle it, the feelings. I've never gone for guys before, and I know you haven't, either. I didn't know what to do." Jim looked tired; he'd been hiding his feelings from his partner for so long, and he still wasn't sure telling Blair about them was the right thing to do.

Blair gasped in delight. "I love you, too, Big Guy," he said, coming over and hugging his taller partner.

"You do?" Jim said stupidly, wrapping his arms around his Guide and looking into his eyes.

"I angsted over this for months and now you're telling me you do guys?" Jim all but shouted.

"Not 'guys', Jim, just you," Blair soothed. "I've wanted you for practically forever, but I wasn't sure you felt the same."

"Well, I do," Jim said, smoothing his hands over Blair's back and smiling as Blair sighed and leaned into his caresses.

They spent long minutes holding each other, until finally Blair pulled away. "Next time, talk to me," he told Jim mock-sternly. "I'm cheaper."

Jim laughed.  

"And easy." Blair took off running for the stairs. And he didn't mind one bit when Jim caught him.

 

end