Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
361
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
12
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,486

Blanchard

Summary:

A little converstaion between Tony and Gibbs after the team has left the Bullpen post South by Southwest

Work Text:



Blanchard
by JustJeanette

“Crispian?” Gibbs wasn’t looking at Tony, he was watching the rest of the team as they exited the bullpen.

“Hey, it was the best I could think of on short notice, Jethro.” Tony eyed his boss as Gibbs leaned back in his chair. “Probie wouldn’t have bought a name like Blanchard.”

“Might not have, but at least you do have a cousin Blanchard. I’ve never heard of Crispian.”

“I don’t tell you everything, Jet.” Tony started relaxing as he realized the pen was empty except for the two of them. “What am I going to do now?”

“Whatever’s right.”

Tony flushed under the unexpected praise. “I could always by the Ferrari, I suppose.” The classic DiNozzo smirk making a brief appearance.

Gibbs just let his eyebrow do the talking in regards to that suggestion.

“Shit, Jet. Do you have any idea how much work an estate like Uncle Clive’s is?”

“Nope.”

“People depend on it; their lives are tied up in the estate. Managers, farmers, servants… Hey, I have servants.”

“Back on track, DiNozzo.”

“Sorry, boss. I’m going to stuff it up.” The weight of responsibility suddenly crashing down.

“Nope.”

“Nope? Is that all you can say?”

“Nope.”

“Jet.” Tony started to rise before his bosses strategy became clear. ‘God’s,’ he thought to himself, ‘I’m like Pavlov’s dog when it comes to rising to the bait, at least where Jet’s concerned.’

“Over our funk, yet?”

When Tony just glared at him, Gibbs smiled, which, as far as Tony was concerned was completely unfair. That particular smile was another of his Pavlovian favorites.

“Kind of. But that still doesn’t answer the question of what the hell I should do now.”

“Sleep on it.” Gibbs suggested. “Or, you could sleep on me?”

Tony’s eyebrows tried, valiantly, to make it to the back of his head. Sleeping on Jethro was good, real good, but for Gibbs to make the invitation blatant, Tony realized he must have been freaking out more than he thought.

“Shit, Boss, I won’t get any sleep that way.”

“True.” Gibbs had his level seven smile out, the one that promised so much and delivered even more. “But you will relax and then maybe you’ll think a little more clearly.”

“Always looking out for me, hey boss.”

“Someone’s got to, Tony, someone’s got to.”

 

end