Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
455
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,293

Dirty Laundry

Summary:

The things that remind us, haunt us.

Work Text:

Dirty Laundry
by Lopaka Tanu

 

(LAUGHTER)

It was the gentle way his chuckle seemed to echo off everything. From the soft tickle along his ears, to rich warmth of his throat vibrating against his skin. Whenever Felix thought of Jammer, it was the laughter he remember. Hearing him giggle and snort as they fumbled to get out of their clothes was the moment he realized he loved James Lymon.

Snapping out the towel, Felix wiped at the corner of his eyes. This ruminating wasn't getting anything done. There was so much left to do before he could lay in his bunk for another restless night. He folded the towel in half, then again.

Crossing it in thirds, he set aside in the stack. The yellows were for the CIC staff. Blues were for the deck crew. He never used the blues any more, washing them would remove the smell. Once that happened, he would give them back for others to use.

Until then, they would go in the bottom of his footlocker along with the rest of Jammer's possessions. Under a thick colonial military issue blanket, everything that belonged to James lay there. From his hair brush, to that stupid rock that he swore looked like a Viper from New Caprica. All of it was perfectly wrapped to preserve it all.

He only brought out something when he needed to get to sleep. He wrapped a towel around his pillow. The shirts, he kept them carefully sealed in bags he would snuggle for comfort. Jammer's name necklace was worn only when he was off duty.

Taking out another towel from the basket, Felix forced himself to shake it out. He grasped both ends on one side, then shook it until he heard the snap. Folding it in half, he noticed something gray on the deck. It was a sock. Too big to be his.

Jammer's sock had ended up in his wash again. Bending down, he snatched it up off the floor. Rolling his eyes, he wondered wear the mate to this one was. That man could never keep two of anything together. Setting the towel aside, Felix slid the sock over his hand.

Pushing the tip in, he formed a mouth. His fingers quickly manipulated the sock's new mouth. "I don't know where the other one is."

"You just had it this morning." Staring at the sock, he raised an eyebrow expectantly. "Think, James."

"I can't, it hurts when I try." After forming the words, the sock puppet lowered his mouth.

Closing his eyes, Gaeta quickly stripped the sock from his hand. He always hated when James did that routine. For a second, he could almost swear he heard Jammer's annoying chuckle.

Bastard.

end