Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
741
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,376

La Femme Niki

Summary:

One night, she was taken from her cell to a place called Section One.
Author's Note: Fusion with La Femme Nikita.

Work Text:



La Femme Niki
by Lopaka Tanu

 

"Jessica."

"Thank you, see you soon." Setting the phone back in its cradle, Niki rolled over to bury herself back in the pillows.

Beside her, D.L. stirred long enough to stare at her.

"Work." She slid a hand down the side of his cheek. Rubbing the skin behind his ear, she smiled at him. "Dr. Maxwell wanted me to come in early."

"I don't like it that they call at any time like that." Still, he sighed in resignation. He knew that she had a high stress job that required her to come in at any time. The medical profession took no one's personal life in to consideration.

"Don't worry, baby, I'll be back as soon as I can." Leaning over, she pressed her lips to the skin along his jaw. "You won't even have time to miss me."

"Best not chance it." Growling, he turned his head to capture her mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sliding the strap of her gown up her shoulder, Niki stepped off the elevator. The room she entered was busy with activity, people coming and going through several doors. In the heart of the room, her destination, a large bank of computers. As she stepped on the lowered level, she crossed her arms. "What's the emergency now?"

Turning away from the screen he had bent over to look at, Linderman smiled at her. "Ah, Jessica, so nice of you to join us."

"Cut the crap, L." She stopped a half a foot away, giving her plenty of room to maneuver and yet, see the screen over his shoulder. "You wouldn't have called if you didn't need something."

"Quite correct, I'm afraid." His eyes lingered on her for a moment longer, before jumping above her shoulder. "My dear, we need your expertise."

Niki didn't have to know whom he was talking to. There was only one room that stared down upon the Operations Center. She was scratching at the back of her neck when the familiar smell of cloying perfume tried to burn out her sinuses. "Still a flame hazard, I smell."

"Still as disrespectful as always, I see." Her appearance immaculate, Angela stepped down in to the OC. "We've got three operatives in the field on this already, but none of them are capable of getting in with the target." Pointing a wand at the far wall, she clicked a button on it.

The far wall lit up in to a map. Three red dots appeared.

"You will meet up with Agent Peter. Use his connections to the subject to get an invitation to the inner circle." Clicking the wand again, Angela switched the image to a hotel. "You're reservation is under Sanders. If all goes well, you won't need the room. If it doesn't there is enough small arms in the room to take out the hotel and everyone inside."

Rolling her eyes, Niki felt a headache coming on. "Who am I going to kill this time?"

"No killing. We want this one alive." Clicking the wand again, Angela summoned up a picture of a man with dark eyes. "The target is a man who calls himself Sylar. Agent Petrelli has been unsuccessful in obtaining the target, we believe him to be compromised." Turning, she faced Niki. "If you find sufficient evidence, you have clearance to terminate."

Niki could only stare at the woman. Her own son! Shaking her head, Niki hoped she died before she ever attained Angela's sense of detachment.

"Any questions?" Rubbing his hands together, Linderman interrupted the glaring match.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fixing the strap on her black stilettos, Niki pressed the phone to her ear. It was picked up after the third ring.

"Hello?" The groggy voice of D.L. came over loud and clear.

This brought a smile to Niki's face. "Hey, baby, I've been caught up in an emergency here. I won't be able to make it until tonight, earliest."

D.L.'s sigh caused the phone's speaker to vibrate. "All right. I'll get Micah up for school."

"Thank you, baby. I'll make it up to you, promise!" She kissed the phone, then turned it off. Flipping it shut, the amusement on her face evaporated. Niki shoved the phone between her breasts. Pushing them up, she checked her hair one last time in the elevator's brass wall plate.

With a ding, the doors opened.

Pasting on a pleasant smile, Niki raised her chin. "Show time."

 

 

THE END...........................