Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2009-02-20
Words:
858
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,910

Crossfire Wedding

Summary:

Bryce Lynch marries his Network 66 counterpart.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Max Headroom: Crossfire Wedding

 

Chapter 01

 

Nobody noticed when Bryce Lynch snuck out of the building. Even Stanley,

Network 23’s door guard, hadn’t seen him leave.

 

This was not by pure chance. He had worked out a plan of escape for weeks, ever since he had proposed to his former classmate, who was now Head of Research and Development at Network 66, Network 23’s greatest rival network.

 

It had not been a spur of the moment decision. He had been planning to ask her ever since she had given him assistance with finding out about the Vu Doze program. Jenny had been rather pleasantly surprised by the proposal and had had to calm down before she managed to say an overjoyed “Yes!”.

 

“Are you sure you know what you’re doing?” Rick asked him as he climbed into the back of the rickshaw.

 

“As sure as anyone,” Bryce admitted.

 

“Okay,” Rick gave in. “But I still think you’re too young to be doing this.”

 

“You will still give us a ride, though. Right?”

 

“Right,” Rick nodded. “So then, off to Network 66?”

 

Bryce nodded.

 

“You know Cheviot and Grossberg are gonna throw matching fits when they find out about this.” Rick warned.

 

“We know,” Bryce confirmed.

 

“But you don’t care,” Rick guessed.

 

“Nope,” Bryce shook his head.

 

“Why am I not surprised,” Rick sighed.

 

Bryce sat back, smiling happily, as the rickshaw headed for Network 66.