Actions

Work Header

Mating Dance

Summary:

Mac doesn't know if this is right.

Work Text:


Mating Rituals 5: Mating Dance
by Aiden

 

Greg and Mac walked down the path that led outside the gates. The younger man couldn't take his eyes of the older man.

"Man this is weird," he muttered.

"What?" Mac asked.

Startled, Greg retorted quickly. "Uhm, nothing."

As Greg sniffed the air, he caught the acrid scent of the rogues, but immediately, he caught something else.. the best thing he'd ever scented.. his mate, and he found it terribly…distracting.

"You've got something?" Mac got closer to Greg.

"Yeah," Greg growled, "some stinking rogues."

"You think they took the child?" Mac asked, knowing it was very likely, but hoping that it wasn't true.

Sighing, Greg looking at his mate. "If they did, they will kill the child."

"Kill an innocent child?" Mac was shocked. "Why?"

"Because in the future, this child or any other child of our kind will be a threat to them," Greg said, his voice flat and emotionless.

Mac felt his heart ache when he heard the sadness in the young man's voice. 'Okay, where did that come from,' he thought.

Greg turned around and walked further down the path, stopping now and then to sniff the air.

"You're not from here, are you," Mac asked.

"Nope. I came down here from Vegas with Gil, Nick and Warrick after Nick took over the Wolfram pack."

"Who is Gil?" Mac asked curiously, finding the young blond easy to talk to.

"He's our teacher and adviser. I'm sure you'll meet him later."

After a brief pause, Mac continued asking questions. It seemed that the young wolf was willing talk, and Mac knew he could use all the information he could get. "So, who was the woman?"

"Alexx? She is our healer," Greg smiled fondly. "She is kind of our mom, makes sure we don't get into trouble to much."

Frowning at the mention of a healer, Mac asked. "How is your friend doing?"

"Danny is grumpy and angry. It's not like a bullet can kill us, but it can hurt like a bitch." Greg wiggled his eyebrows at the older man.

Mac smiled at him. "I'll bet it does." Walking beside Greg, Mac noticed the way he moved, smoothly and with grace. It must be a wolf thing, he surmised.

Greg felt Mac's eyes on him and grinned. That was a good sign, right?

Admiring the sleek way that Greg moved over the ground, Mac was startled when the young man stopped suddenly. Wrapping his arms around the young blond to break his fall, Mac held on longer than was strictly necessary, letting the sense of rightness wash over him.

Leaning back against his mate, Greg sighed. "Mmhmm, that feels good."

Blushing, Mac pulled back, shocked that he would be so distracted during a case. This.. whatever it was.. neither the time or place for this; they had a child to find.

"I'm sorry," he apologised.

"Nothing to be sorry for," Greg reassured him, but he was disappointed when Mac pulled back, feeling cold all of the sudden.

Wondering at the sudden attraction, Mac shook his head. This couldn't be happening to him. They didn't even fit together. Greg was bouncy, hyper… and he was a wolf.

"You felt it too, right?" Greg asked softly.

"I'm…I don't…" Mac looked away.

Standing very close to his mate, Greg wondered if he should tell him or not. His mind said no, but his heart was almost bursting with love for this man. Taking a deep breath, he smiled at the older man and said. "You're my mate."

Staring at Greg, Mac's initial shock turned to surprise. "I'm…," he shook his head. "How do you… I mean it's not…"

"I can't describe it. It's a feeling we get the moment we lay eyes on our future mate. It's a pull we can't resist, and we know he or she is the one." He gently touched Mac's arm. "I know you felt it, too."

Unsure, Mac swallowed hard. "I'm not sure what I felt."

Moving even closer, Greg pressed his lips softly against his mate, moving his tongue over Mac's lower lip. He smiled when he heard the older man moan. "Hmmm, I love the way you taste."

Mac's breath hitched and he pulled back. "No." He shook his head. "This is wrong, this can't happen."

"Just listen to your heart," Greg whispered.

"We have a child to find," Mac said.

"Fuck," Greg hissed. Mac was right. How could he have let himself get so distracted when there was a child missing? "You're right," he sighed loudly.

Reluctantly, Greg moved away from his mate and continued walking down the path. Despite the seriousness of their search, Greg couldn't help but grin when he noticed that Mac kept glancing at him from time to time.

"This isn't over," he whispered.

 

end part 5

Series this work belongs to: