Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
401
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,140

Dedication

Summary:

Piper reflects while watching her bartender.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Dedication
by Pirate Turner

 

        Piper sighed as, resting her head in her cupped palm, she watched her bartender work his magic. He had truly grown to be one of her best employees, and customers flocked to him. They wanted him to shake their martinis and far more, she knew, but he never once returned a single glance but hers. She could feel him watching her at times even when she was surrounded with a whole crowd of other people and swamped with work. She could feel his eyes on her, and she longed to return his gaze. She longed to take him in her arms, tell him she was sorry for taking so long to accept his love, and be with him forever, but it could not be.

        She watched as he cleaned a glass. He held it up to the light, inspected it, and scrubbed it harder. He was determined to do anything and everything she expected of him, right down to making the glasses sparkle in perfection. She supposed his determination was one of the countless things she loved about Leo, but unfortunately, no amount of determination could solve the problems that stood in their way of ever being truly happy together. She was with Dan now, she reminded herself, and even if she hadn't been, they couldn't be together.

        The Elders would not allow it. They had even stripped her Angel's wings off, and there was no telling how far they might have gone otherwise and might still go just to see them kept apart. As it was, if she fought her love for him, he might one day be able to resume being a White Lighter, and she knew that his position in life was as much of him as his sandy hair, dimpled smile, and huge heart.

        She had no choice, she told herself, but to keep him safe from her love; she would much rather he be the one completed and she be the one left aching and incomplete than the opposite. She loved him and wanted to keep him safe, just as a part of her loved Dan as a very close friend and wanted to keep him safe. Leo raised his head and looked at her, and Piper lowered hers, her stern reminder whispering through her mind as her heart begged to be released to love her only true soul mate.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.