Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
377
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,215

Repetitive

Summary:

Some things bear repeating, and other things...

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:




Repetitive
By Scribe

"Let's do it again."

Jim, sprawled on the blanket, lifted his head just enough to give Blair an unbelieving stare.  "You're TRYING to kill me, aren't you?"

Blair laughed, poking Jim's thigh, none too gently.  "You're showing your age, Jim.  One more time."

"No fucking way."

"I need some support, here.  Rafe, do you want to do it again?"

Rafe grinned.  "If it's going to annoy Ellison, hell yes."

Blair twitched his head around.  "H.?"

Henry shrugged.  "Sure, I'm up for one more time."

"Joel?"

Joel chuckled.  "Come on, Jim.  If an old man like me can manage it one more time, surely a young, healthy buck like you can, too."

"Megan?"

"Oh, bloody hell, Sandy!  I'm TIRED.  I vote no."

"Spoilsport.  Simon?"

"I'm with Jim, Blair," growled the captain.  "Enough is enough."

Blair counted.  "That's four for, three against--majority rules!"

Jim moaned wearily.  "I can't believe I let myself be talked into this."

Simon was shaking his head.  "No more squad picnics.  There must be something in the fresh air that turns the giddier element of the group into lunatics."  He looked around furtively.  "Imagine, right out in the open.  I swear, there's a family picnicing just behind that bush, and I KNOW they heard us.  All we need is for someone to sneak around with a camcorder, and..."

"Relax," drawled Blair.  "It wasn't as if you were participating all that vigorously."

"I TOLD you I don't do that in public."

Megan was grumbling, "If I'd wanted to participate in bloody group activities, I'd have joined the precinct bowling league."

"Everybody quit whining," ordered Blair.  "I want a really co-ordinated effort this time.  I mean, people!  Rhythm, rhythm, rhythm.  Everybody ready?"  Blair poked Jim again.  "Jim?"

"Oh, ALL RIGHT!"

Blair was grinning.  "Believe me, the second go round is always better.  Now," he cleared his throat, and raised his hand.

The family on the other side of the bush looked up as the noise started again, parents exchanging glances, and children giggling.  "I can't BELIEVE they're at it again," whispered the mother, listening to the sounds floating toward them.

"One hundred bottles of beer on the wall, one hundred bottles of beer!  If one of those bottles should happen to fall..."

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Scribe.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.