Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
332
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
11
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,418

Ready and Willing

Summary:

The Rat Patrol. At the end of one of the episodes, Hitch gets water from a well and leaves with the woman who is tending the well. I wondered what Moffit thought about it.

Work Text:

Moffitt settled the jar of water more comfortably between his feet, “Really now, this is most unusual.”

“Nah, sergeant it ain’t.”  Said Tully, still chewing on the matchstick, “Hitch’s got a way with the ladies and it happens more often than not.”

“You trade your friend for provisions.”

“Yup.”

“That’s vulgar.”

“He don’t mind and neither do they.  Works out all around.”

“Doesn’t it bother you?”

Tully concentrated on negotiating the narrow path up the ridge, “It’s none of my business, sir.”  His tone left Moffitt with more questions but Tully refused to be drawn into a conversation, staring stonily at the road.

When they reached the camp, Tully dropped him off at the door to the officer’s club and Jack went in, looking for Sam. 

“Troy I wanted to talk to you about what happened this afternoon.”

“Yeah?” the sergeant asked, setting down his glass of beer.

“Do you think it’s right, to be trading one of your men for supplies?”

Troy laughed, “That ruffles your proper British feathers, eh.”

“It’s revolting that you would prostitute one of your men for supplies.”

Troy’s eyebrows disappeared under his dark hair, “When you put it that way, it sounds downright disgusting.”

“It is disgusting.”

“It’s not like I force Hitch into anything.”  He ran his fingers through his hair.  “Although there have been a couple of times I’ve had to order him into it.”

“Really Troy!”

“Those were some ugly women, I understood how he felt but we really needed those grenades.”

Morbid curiosity prodded him to ask, “What have you traded Hitchcock for?”

“Water mostly. A couple of times for weapons, shelter, food, some gasoline, a couple pounds of concrete.”

“Concrete?  What ever for?”

“Trust me, you don’t want to know.”

“Do you trade Tully too?”

“He tried it once but he doesn’t perform well under pressure, if you know what I mean.  Besides, they seem more attracted to Hitch, I don’t know if it’s that square jaw or those big blue eyes of his.”

“You really are a vile man, Troy.”

“You have no idea,” he grinned wickedly at Moffitt, “but I could show you sometime.”