Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
606
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
3
Kudos:
7
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,703

Side Step

Summary:

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Work Text:

Side Step
by Sam-Tony
 
Walking away from the receptionist’s desk, Hardison could tell by the rock hard arm he had clutched to his ribcage that Eliot was trembling with locked down emotion.  Anger, rage, revulsion - whatever it was he just hoped Eliot didn’t break him in half when they left the hospital.  He had pulled the whole gay thing on a con before, just not, you know, directed at *Eliot*.  The man who could kill you with a paper clip.
 
Really though - what else was he supposed to do?  They had to see Nate, and - call him crazy now - but he really didn’t think he was going to be able to pass himself off as Nate’s son.  Brother.  Hell, pulling off the whole limp wristed lisp thing was easy, but grabbing the arm of a killer who just might be a homophobe?  Nah-uh.  That was just plain suicidal.  Not to mention if Eliot was planning on doing anything other rolling his eyes and giving Hardison that look that said ‘yeah, I *could* kill you, but letting you live tickles my fancy’ as soon as they were somewhere free of, you know, *witnesses*…
 
Well, okay maybe not that, because, let’s face it, Hardison couldn’t exactly see Eliot actually, you know, *saying* anything so ‘girlie’ as tickle or fancy…but the whole ‘killing you with my pinkie finger’ oh yeah.  *That* he could so see…in fact he really wished he couldn’t, actually, because the whole violence thing really wasn’t…especially when it came to violence done to him…yeah, this was so not good…
 
He was so busy babbling to himself that his back hitting the wall hard came as a surprise, nearly driving the air from his lungs in a startled “Wha - “
 
It was then he noticed they were in a hallway empty of doctors or nurses or *people* - see, there you go, that whole witness thing - and that the mercenary had him pinned back against the wall, hair flying, eyes shooting blue sparks and about as worked up as Hardison had ever seen him.  Beautiful.
 
And he did NOT just think that.  Man, first a car bomb and now this?  What did he have today, a death wish?
 
“Hey hey hey now - look, look, you really don’ wanna do…well, whatever that gleam in your eye says you wanna do…”
 
“Hardison!”  Eliot huffed in frustration, the short, choppy pacing step in every direction forecasting his agitation even as he stayed close enough to keep Hardison plastered safely against the wall.
 
“Look - okay, I apologize - a’ight?  I - “
 
And yeah, his back hitting the wall was a big surprise, but this?  Yeah.  Only able to tense in dread as Eliot stepped toward him, sure he was about to die, he closed his eyes in anticipation of violence, but the hard, demanding kiss Eliot pressed to his lips was - whoa.  Was that *tongue*??
 
He couldn’t tell because his brain had shorted out and was still shut down as Eliot stepped back, more of his normal open smirk on his face now as he raked both hands back through the wild mane he called hair.
 
“Next time,”  the other man told him, shaking his head.  “Next time warn a guy, will ya?  You’re not the only one who likes to ham it up.”
 
Trying to get his breath back, both from the impact and the kiss - okay so more from the kiss than…never mind - Hardison watched Eliot saunter down the hall…
 
…telling himself he *so* was *not* turned on right now.  Nah-uh.  No way - okay so maybe just a little.  Avery little.  Okay a lot.
 
“Hey, yo, Eliot!  Wait up!”
 

End