Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
349
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
982

Never Again

Summary:

When their contracts come up to be renewed, Buck comforts JD.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:



Never Again
by Pirate Turner

        He stepped out into the bright afternoon sun and looked to where his best friend was sitting, his head down so that no one would see the tears in his eyes. JD would never admit he was close to crying, Buck knew, but he also knew he was. He crossed over to him, sat down beside him, took off his bowler, and ran his fingers gently through his dark hair. "We've been here before, Kid." His own voice was gruff with the emotions he was fighting.

        JD crashed into Buck's arms, wrapping his arms around him tightly as though that would keep him pinned to his side forever and burying his face into his shirt. "Yeah, but I just didn't think it'd happen again so soon!"

        Buck paused, his eyes casting nervous glances around the street at the passer-bys who shot them curious looks. {To Hell with it,} he thought viciously. JD needed him, and he needed him just as much. "It's gonna be okay, baby," he said, pressing a gentle kiss to the top of his head. "Even if the Judge don't renew our contracts, we ain't gonna part this time. We all know better; none of us wants to be alone again. We're a family now, JD, and it's gonna stay that way."

        JD raised teary eyes to peer up at him. "How can ya be so sure about that, Buck? You know what happened the last time -- "

        "Ain't gonna happen this time, love." He kissed him on the tip of his nose, and the warmth of his smile began to slowly ebb some of JD's sorrow and fear away. "I promise." He sealed his promise with a kiss that melted JD and made the townspeople whisper. {Let them talk,} Buck thought. He no longer cared. It didn't matter what any one else thought as long as JD kept loving him and their family stayed together, as they belonged, and he knew that he was blessed with the Kid's love and a loyal family who would never willingly part again.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.