Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
362
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
8
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,806

Care

Summary:

House isn’t exactly good at showing people how much he cares, but at least sometimes he could try.

Work Text:


He hated it when Chase sulked, hated that all he wanted to do was lashing out at him instead of asking him what was wrong. House didn’t like himself truly anymore than anyone else did, hell half the time he hated himself, everything he was and everything he had become.

So when his lover slumped into the apartment as though his dog had died after a night of grueling surgeries, just two days before Christmas House found himself at a loss. He’d agreed to all the Christmas cheer that Chase and Wilson had tried to force on him, even going so far as to go out shopping for both of them, and help them put up the Christmas tree. (His version of helping was more about dictating what ornaments went where on the tree.)

“Hard day?” Was the only thing that he managed to allow to escape his lips, instead of his usual snark. There were some days when he just felt so tired, so run down by the pain that he didn’t even want to speak, didn’t have the energy to speak. Chase looked like that now, looked like he was too pained on the inside to deal with anything else.

Chase nodded, slumping down on the couch beside him and leaning over. He kissed him softly on the lips, nipping at his bottom lip as he did so he cupped his jaw and slipped his tongue into the older man’s mouth enjoying the taste of him and the feel of him as well.

“It’s nice to know you care,” he murmured hoarsely, locking eyes with the other man and smiling. He pulled back and settled down on the couch. “Now I want to watch the movie I brought home the other night.”

“Ah, the adventures of Rudolf and the misfit toys,” House rolled his eyes skyward, but smiled inwardly. He would watch the damn movie about the reindeer with the bright red nose, and the elf that wanted to be a dentist if it made Chase happy.

He really was going soft in his old age, but at least not in the ways that counted. He had a young lover to take care of after all.