Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
355
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
11
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,257

The Tea Party Job

Summary:

This is one duty Eliot didn't expect to be carrying out.

Work Text:

Sophie stuck her head out of the conference room. After the last disastrous incident with Parker looking after a child, she had been disqualified from and all childcare duties, which left Hardison – who was currently running surveillance on their target – or Eliot.

 

The retrieval specialist had huffed through his nose, but had scooped up the six year old and headed for the kitchen, the only thing giving away his discomfort the set of his shoulders.

 

That had been an hour and a half ago as they spoke with Megan's father, and it had gone strangely quiet.

 

Not seeing Eliot anywhere, she closed the door on Nate and the senator and went in search. She really didn't want to have to explain Megan's shiny new knife-throwing skills to the girl's father. The kitchen was empty, so she headed for Eliot's office, dreading what she might find.

 

Peering through the cracked door, she had to clamp a hand over her mouth to stifle the laughter threatening to bubble forth. It would decidedly not be conducive to a long and healthy life.

 

Eliot was sat on a blanket on the floor in a lop-sided circle with the dolls Megan had brought with her as the girl herself carefully placed a tiara on Eliot's head, apparently having finished braiding his hair only moments earlier.

 

It was pink.

 

And sparkly.

 

Eliot took what was evidently a very deliberate swig from his mug of tea and forced a smile for the delighted little girl.

 

Beating a silent, hasty retreat, Sophie hurtled past the conference room causing Nate to half rise in bemusement until he caught sight of her expression.

 

"Hardison!" she gasped out between giggles as she reached the hacker's office.

 

Alec spun his chair to face her with a raised brow as Parker quickly hid her lighter. "Waaay ahead of you," he told her with a smirk, gesturing at the footage from the camera in Eliot's office.

 

In the corner, the red recording symbol blinked cheerfully at her.