Actions

Work Header

Fall Forever

Summary:

Background and Summary: This story was inspired by the episode where Jack Bass attempts to rape Lily in the powder room at the opera and Chuck saves her. Chuck moves back in with Lily, Serena and Erik. The closeness between Chuck and Lily grows blossoming into something else.

I’m going to add in a supernatural element. Some mystery. Some horror. Some Lovecraftian eldritch touches. This is going to be long and sexy and complicated like all my works. I hope you’ll come along for the ride.

Work Text:

Title: Fall Forever

Part 1 of ?

Author: Raythe

Fandom: Gossip Girl

Pairing: Lily Bass/Chuck Bass

Disclaimer: I do not own Gossip Girl and I do not make any money from these writings.

Warnings: AU, Angst, Romance

Background and Summary: This story was inspired by the episode where Jack Bass attempts to rape Lily in the powder room at the opera and Chuck saves her. Chuck moves back in with Lily, Serena and Erik. The closeness between Chuck and Lily grows blossoming into something else.

I'm going to add in a supernatural element. Some mystery. Some horror. Some Lovecraftian eldritch touches. This is going to be long and sexy and complicated like all my works. I hope you'll come along for the ride.

Please let me know what you think. Reviews are my life's blood.

Raythe

CHAPTER ONE: CAUGHT

The nightmare gripped Chuck in its skeletal hands. He was in a dark shaft, falling, falling, falling. He tried to grip the slimy roots that whipped past, but he couldn't catch hold of them. Instead they scratched his face and sliced open his palms. And deeper he fell.

-I can't fall forever!' Chuck thought as another dirt-crusted root slipped through his fingers.

He looked down below him, but saw nothing. Only blackness. This was hell: he was surrounded by oily darkness, the air thick with the fetid scent of rotting fruit, and his face and arms stinging from countless cuts.

Maybe he could fall forever.

Then something gentle touched his sounders. These touches were warm, but firm. They slowed his progress. Then they stopped him in place. He was no longer falling, but rising.

And that was when Chuck woke up.

He woke like a swimmer coming out of deep, cold water. His mouth opened and he gulped air. His eyes flew open, but at first he could see nothing but a sheet of white, because he was dazzled by the sunlight spilling in through the floor to ceiling windows in his bedroom suite.

His bedroom suite.

He was home. With Lily. Who was standing at the side of his bed. Her blonde hair done up hastily. A red silk robe wrapped around her slender body. Her elegant white hands were reaching out for him. It was her touch that had stopped him from falling, that had caught him and brought him back.

"You were screaming," Lily said, trying to explain her presence in his bedroom in the early morning hours.

"I was ... I didn't realize. Nightmare, I suppose," Chuck said, his eyes trained on that -V' of pale flesh at her throat. Rufus had spent the night. She probably had nothing on under the robe. His mouth suddenly went dry. He blinked and purposefully looked away.

This was Lily. A mother-like figure to him. He respected her. He wanted her friendship and ... she was the only family he had. Jack didn't count. Jack was scum. He wouldn't ruin this with carnal thoughts.

A lock of Lily's hair fell from the bum and she used one finger to loop it back behind her ear. She took a step forward and sat gingerly on the edge of his bed. He could feel the warmth of her body against his thigh. He should have shifted it away from her, but instead he found himself relaxing into her. She reached forward and laid a hand on his bare shoulder.

"Charles, how long has this been going on? You sounded as if ... as if you were being ripped apart," she said and shivered. He fingers tightened their grip on him.

"It's nothing, Lily. A bad dream," Chuck answered, trying to keep his tone light, with a hint of insolence that normally shut people down. But Lily had never fallen for that part of him.

"Anything that can make you sound like ... like that ... isn't nothing. It could never be nothing. Not to me," Lily answered him, that earnest, searching look lighting her face.

A flood of unaccustomed warmth rushed through Chuck. Only she, and Blair to a lesser extent, could make him feel this way. It was dangerous to be so in the thrall of anyone. To be made fragile by their caring.

"Probably just the drugs leaving my system," Chuck answered her. Perhaps evidence of his past transgressions would make that loving look in her eyes go away. He ducked his head down as he said it, unable to see the look die.

Her hand left his shoulder and the loss of her touch was like a blow to his stomach, but then she was cupping his face, tilting his chin up, making him look at her. "I'm not giving up on you, Charles. I'm going to be here no matter what you do. That's what families do. You'll believe me ... in time."

She suddenly stood up and her robe parted more, showing the swell of her creamy breasts. Chuck tucked his hands under the blankets, because if he didn't he would reach for her, tumble her down on his bed and cover her with his body. He ached for her. And even though he told himself that this feeling would leave, that it meant nothing other than he needed to get laid, inside of his deepest self he knew that neither was true.

"Rufus is probably waiting for you," Chuck said, keeping the sneering to a minimum as he said the other man's name. "You should get back to him."

"Rufus? Oh ..." A slight blush and a nervous twist of invisible pearls at her throat. "He left last night. He wants to be home to see Dan and Jenny off for school."

"He didn't stay with you? After what happened with Jack ..." His disbelieving tone wasn't hidden.

Lily's eyes dropped from his. "Don't be silly. That was ages ago. I'm not a wilting flower that needs someone here to hold my hand every minute of the day."

"You should have told me. I would have ..." Chuck broke off. What would he have done? Offered to spend the night with her? "I would have been there for you."

"That's sweet, Charles. But unnecessary. I'm fine," Lily said with that false light lilt to her tone, which told him she was anything but.

"Don't lie to me, Lily," Chuck said. "You don't have to lie to me."

Another twist of invisible pearls, but then she stilled as their gazes met. "Charles, I'm the one that should be taking care of you. Not the other way around."

"Funny," Chuck said as he got out of bed, clad only in dark blue silk boxers. "I thought that family was supposed to take care of each other."

Was he imagining it or did her eyes skate over his abdomen then quickly skitter back up.

She laughed. "All right. We'll take care of each other."

"Perfect," Chuck said.

"Well, I should let you ... let you ... get yourself together," Lily stammered and turned towards the door.

He didn't know what possessed him at that moment to stop her. His hands were just suddenly on her shoulders. His chest was just half an inch from her back. She froze and he heard her gasp. But she didn't pull away and he made his grip feather light so that she knew she could break it at any time.

"Rufus doesn't deserve you," Chuck said, his voice lowering. "My father didn't deserve you either." Her hair tickled his cheek as he leant closer to her.

"Charles," her voice barely above a whisper.

He felt the thin trill of arousal coil in his belly just from her voice saying his name.

"Don't forget your worth, Lily," Chuck said and released her.

She stood there for a long moment before she went to his bedroom door. She held onto the door jam, her knuckles white from the strain.

"I'm trying to do what's best for you. I want to do what's best for you," she said and then she was gone.

A smile grew on Chuck's face. He could read between the lines better than anyone. And what she meant when she said she wanted to do what was best for him was that she felt the same way he did. But she was afraid of hurting him.

But he was Chuck Bass. And risking hurt was what he did.

So damn good intentions. Sometimes ... it was good to fall.

TBC