Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of I-Pod tales
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
267
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,011

Stay with me

Summary:

for the at_the_ritz weekly challenge.

Work Text:

 

Stay with me
by Lilithangel

 

It hurt stopping Abaddon. The demon was tearing every cell in his body apart and they fought to stay together. He felt the beast die just as the last particle of life was stripped from his body.

He was cradled in warmth and light. He hasn’t woken in pain and confusion and it didn’t feel like he was alive again. It just feels safe.

A face came into focus above him. “Jack?”

“Hey there,” Jack said to him smiling softly, “Welcome home.”

“Home?”

“I’ve been waiting for you but the darkness kept me away and you weren’t ready. Will you stay with me this time?”

“Where are we?” he couldn’t see anything except Jack and what a wonderful sight that was.

“I don’t know but it’s warm and safe while I’ve been waiting. We’ve got an adventure ahead of us if you want. A new horizon for both of us.”

“I’m not James,” he said wanting truth between them.

“I know,” Jack smiled again, “I’ve been able to watch you Jack Harkness and I’m proud you took my name.”

“It’s going to be a bit confusing,” he said with a smile of his own inside the tears.

“I think we can cope. So you’ll stay?”

He thought about what had happened before he died. He remembered the rage and hate in the eyes of all his team.

He was so very tired of dying and even more so of living and never knowing why. He’d done his duty, saved the world again. It was enough.

“I’ll stay.”

Lips pressed against his just the way he remembered. It was his Jack alright he was home for good this time.

END

Series this work belongs to: