Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
843
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,037

Strange Day

Summary:

Clark has a strange day (good summary huh? LOL)

Work Text:

Strange Day
by Hergerbabe

 

“Metropolis? Damn, you’re lucky.”

Clark nodded and smiled at Pete, “Yeah, I know, I’m lucky Mom and Dad are letting me go too.”

“So, uh, he gonna take you anywhere nice?”

There was a suggestive quality to Pete’s voice that confused Clark. “Um, gee, I don’t know, he won’t say.”

Pete smirked knowingly, adding to Clark’s confusion

@>*~

“So, if you aren’t busy with Lex, maybe you could come along, give me some moral support?”

Clark looked at Chloe and blinked. The way she’d said that was a little… odd. “Well, of course I will, Chloe,” he replied slowly.

“Oh, and you know Pete and I are going on a double date with Lana and Whitney?”

Clark nodded, wondering where she was going with this.

“Well, we all agreed it would be nice to invite you and Lex.”

She seemed completely unaware of Clark’s flummoxed state. Lana, Whitney, Chloe and Pete were inviting him and Lex on a date type night out. Him and *Lex*.

“Uh, sure,” he tried not to stammer.

“Cool, I’ll let them know,” she grinned at him.

“Right, okay.” Clark stared after her in stunned silence as she walked away.

@>*~

“Mom, I’m going round to Lex’s.”

“Okay, honey,” she smiled at him, “You two doing anything nice?”

Clark froze at the door and frowned, before turning to stare at his mother. “Uh, you know, the usual.”

“Okay, don’t be late…” she bit her lip.

“What is it, Mom?” Clark asked gently.

“I, I know we haven’t really talked about you and Lex, but… you are being sensible, aren’t you?” she asked quietly.

Clark blinked at his mother and flushed. “Uh, sensible?”

She looked away, flushing herself, “*With* Lex.”

“Uh, sure, Mom.” Clark stared at her in total confusion for a moment and then ran for it, to the one place where he *knew* he’d feel safe and normal.

What the hell was going on today?

@>*~

Clark walked into Lex’s office, still pondering his strange day. “Hey Lex.”

Lex looked up at him and smiled. It lit up his sometimes cold, blue eyes warmly and Clark suddenly had this strange urge to kiss his best friend and ask him how his day had been.

“Damn!”

“Clark?” Lex frowned at him.

Shaking his head, Clark rapidly back-pedalled out of the room. “Too much, this is way too much!” He tripped on the hall carpet and fell on his ass.

Lex followed him out hurriedly, a look of confusion and concern on his face. He crouched down next to Clark and put a hand on his knee. Clark swallowed and stared down, the warmth of Lex’s touch was causing strange sensations to travel up his leg to his groin.

“Clark, what’s wrong? Are you okay?”

“Lex,” Clark licked his lips and swallowed, “Lex, are we dating?”

Lex sat down hard and stared at him wide-eyed. It was a long time before the bald man spoke. “I, uh… do you want to?”

Clark took a deep breath and closed his eyes to think. Lex was his best friend and he loved him, but did he want more? Everyone else apparently thought they were already more than friends.

He opened his eyes again and really let himself look at Lex. The pale, almost unearthly beauty, sexy body… Oh. God. Clark’s groin tightened even more and he tried to work some moisture into his suddenly dry mouth.

“Lex?”

“Yeah?”

“What would you say if I asked you to kiss me?” Clark asked quietly.

Lex flushed, his gaze flickering away for a moment. “I’d say yes,” he whispered.

“Really?” Clark squeaked, then cleared his throat, “Why?”

Lex looked up properly, gaze hard and penetrating, “Why would you ask?”

“Because, I think I want you to,” Clark replied nervously.

Lex’s face softened, “You think?”

“God, Lex, will you just shut up and kiss me, please?” Clark sighed in frustration.

Lex’s face softened further into a smile and he leaned forward slowly. Hot breath caressed Clark’s mouth, then soft, moist lips pressed against his. Oh now, wow! Why hadn’t they done this before?

Clark moaned, opening his mouth to the gently probing tongue. Somehow, Lex ended up in his lap, straddling him, arms wrapped round his neck. When they finally pulled apart, they were both panting.

“Definitely,” Clark laughed breathlessly.

“Hmm?” Lex smiled dreamily.

“Definitely want to date you,” Clark smiled back at his best friend.

“Oh, well, good… good,” Lex paused, “Clark, what brought all this on?”

“Well, first Pete asked me if you were taking me anywhere nice in Metropolis,” Clark started, Lex raised an eyebrow, “It was the way he said it.”

Lex started to smirk and Clark sighed. “Anyway, then Chloe asked me to go to some presentation if I wasn’t busy with you, and then, proceeded to ask both of us along to her and Pete’s double date with Whitney and Lana.”

Lex started to laugh, ”Damn, I wish I could have seen your face!”

“Oh that’s nothing compared to what my mother said,” Clark smiled smugly at Lex’s abrupt choke.

“Oh?” his friend managed, when he’d recovered his breath.

“Yeah, after she asked if we were doing anything nice, she wanted to know if we were being sensible,” Clark slapped Lex’s back when he started to choke again.

“Clark?” Lex asked hoarsely.

“Yeah?”

“Can we go be sensible… now?”

Clark grinned. “Yes please!”


end