Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
377
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
740

Simmer

Summary:

The two men in the car had not spoken since the trip started.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

Simmer
by Sonja Blue

Long drive, and the only sound to fill the air for the last 45 minutes is the quiet rumble of the car and the louder blowing of the air-conditioning. The two men in the car had not spoken since the trip started. Though it was obvious the men were not brothers, both men were very similar in appearance. Tall, dark hair, attractive in a way that caught the eyes of both sexes. Wearing dark suits, the standard uniform of a Federal agent.

The name of the man at the wheel, with eyes of sometimes indeterminate colours (much like his mood), is Fox Mulder. He studied the road with an intensity that was not needed, considering the lack of traffic on a highway that had not even had a curve for the last half hour. He had not even glanced to the side to his partner, Alex Krycek, sitting in the passenger seat since the trip had begun. Mulder's deliberate game of cold shoulder, somehow came across as a heated simmering.

Alex Krycek fiddled with the air-conditioning, turning it up a bit. His hands went back to the files on his lap, fluffing the bent corners. Thought it was wise not to go looking through them again, looking down and the motion of the car would only make him nauseous. Krycek then reached out to the dials of the radio, in another fruitless attempt to find a radio station that was not broadcasting annoying static. Almost caught the sad and pathetic sounds of a country song, but the static even drowned out the song of a man who might of went to jail to save his woman.

Krycek turned the radio off. Without moving his head from the road ahead, Krycek slid his green eyes in the direction of his partner. In time to catch the sight of Mulder's pink tongue slipping out, to moisten his bottom lip. The air conditioning had not made the air that dry, was Krycek's thought. But he enjoyed the slight change in scenery. He continued to study Mulder in his peripheral vision. Mulder started to shift a bit in his seat, as if he might of sensed the scrutiny. Krycek smirked 'Got'cha', he thought to himself.

The end.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Sonja Blue.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.