Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
618
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
1,344

Coming Out Dance

Summary:

Lex is hosting another dance

Work Text:

Coming Out Dance
By Hergerbabe

 

Leaning on the balcony, Lex stared down at the crowd currently invading his house. Just how had he ended up hosting yet another of Lana’s birthday parties?

His eyes searched through the teenagers until his gaze fell on the reason why. Clark. Lex sighed heavily. He couldn’t seem to ever say no when Clark asked him to do something, which admittedly was rare.

At least Clark was staying over that night, on the pretext of helping with the clear up, Lex’d have him to himself for a little while at least.

So, here he was watching, on the outside again, gritting his teeth whenever Clark danced with Lana, or anyone else for that matter.

@>*~

Clark felt the heavy weight of an intense gaze focussed on him. He didn’t need to look up, Clark knew who was watching him, but he did anyway, meeting Lex’s eyes.

Stifling a sigh, Clark smiled sadly, watching stormy blue eyes soften just a little before he reluctantly turned back to Chloe and Pete. He wished he could be up there with Lex, or that the pair of them were on their own, no distractions.

“What’s he doing up there anyway?” Pete was whispering to Chloe, “It’s kinda creepy.”

Clark frowned, “No, it’s not. It’s just he only really knows us, maybe he doesn’t feel like schmoozing with strangers.”

“Whatever, he’s creeping me out.”

Before Clark could say anything, Chloe was dragging Pete off for a dance. He turned again, but Lex was no longer on the balcony. Clark sighed and cast about the room, trying to find him.

@>*~

Lex almost returned Clark’s smile, but didn’t quite have it in him. He hated this, the way they acted. It was different when they were alone, when he could relax and really be himself, and so could Clark.

He left the balcony; it was time he mingled.

@>*~

Lex was walking through the crowds of teenagers, laughing, chatting, being the good host; but Clark could see the tension, the weariness and resignation. It hurt.

“Fuck this,” he muttered, ignoring the startled exclamations of his friends who had returned to sit with him. Clark walked over to Lex and stopped in front of him. “Lex?”

Lex was a little startled, “Clark?”

Clark licked his lips and cleared his throat nervously, “Lex, may I have this dance?”

Lex thought his eyes might pop out of his head they widened so much in shock. “Clark, what are you doing?”

“Asking you to dance,” Clark said quietly, hopefully. He really wasn’t sure how Lex was going to react.

Lex had to shut his eyes briefly. He’d always thought that this could never happen. “Are you sure?” he whispered, opening his eyes to stare hard at the younger man.

Clark met the slightly uncertain gaze and nodded, smiling. “Very sure,” he held out his hand.

With an answering smile, Lex took the proffered hand and let Clark lead him to the dance floor. Silence followed them, relieved only by the music. In the very centre of the room, Clark stopped and turned, pulling Lex into his arms. Lex wrapped his arms round the taller boy’s neck and buried his face against his chest.

They danced together, uncaring and oblivious of anyone else in the room, moving slowly together. When the music stopped, they both looked up to find themselves alone and Clark smiled down at Lex.

“Happy anniversary,” he whispered and bent his head for a softly probing kiss. Lex grasped silky hair and licked into Clark’s mouth, sucking on his top lip. Clark plunged his tongue deeper with a moan.

Lex pulled back with a breathless grin. “Happy anniversary. Your present is upstairs.”

Clark leered at him and he laughed happily. Lifting his lover in his arms, Clark speeded them up to the bedroom for their own celebrations.

end