Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
236
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,355

Huh

Summary:

How Jonathan knew

Work Text:



Huh
by Hergerbabe

 

“Lex.”

Jonathan froze and he peered round the corner to see Lex turn and look back into the barn.

“What?” the bald man asked.

“I turn sixteen next month.”

The effect that had on the young man was stunning, even to Jonathan. The way his face softened and eyes lit up with his smile. Lex jogged back into the barn and Jonathan slipped round the side to look in.

He had to see, had to make sure that what he’d heard didn’t have the implications that he’d been dreading ever since he’d seen the looks his son and the still rich boy gave each other.

Then his heart stopped. Lex was leaning into Clark’s body, his son’s hands tenderly cradled the bald head as they kissed softly. But he couldn’t move, wanted to, but couldn’t. Not when his son looked so… God, so happy, so sweetly and tenderly happy.

And Lex… if he hadn’t seen it himself, Jonathan never would have believed that a Luthor could look like that. Serene, he actually looked serene. Of course, Lex wasn’t a Luthor anymore, or so he’d claimed. And up until that moment, Jonathan hadn’t quite believed him.

But watching the two boys smile at each other, wrapped in a tight hug, love so clearly visible between them, Jonathan knew, just knew that Lex had given it all up for love, for Clark.

Huh. Jonathan smiled suddenly. Maybe it wasn’t so bad after all.

FIN