Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 6 of The Magnificent Seven Cats
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
253
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
935

The Magnificent Seven Cats AU: Magnificent

Summary:

The Seven view a magnificent sight.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:



The Magnificent Seven Cats AU: Magnificent
by Pirate Turner

 

        Vin stilled, his ears going up at full alert.

        The small Siamese who rode beside him was the first to catch the change in his demeanor. "Vin, what -- ?"

        "Sh," the tracker quickly hushed their youngest. He dismounted, flattened himself against the earth, and pressed a pointed ear to the tender ground. Above him, JD looked on curiously while the other five catmen exchanged worried looks.

        "Herd comin' in," Vin announced, jumping up and into his saddle in one agile pounce. He gestured with his head to a nearby hill. "Get up there quick. They'll pretty well stay on the prairie."

        Vin waited until the last of his family were safe before joining them himself. Already, the sound of enormous thunder could be heard, and though JD kept watching the sky for signs of a storm, he could find none. "Excitement's not in the sky, JD. Look yonder."

        As JD followed Vin's pointing finger, his dark eyes fell upon a cloud of dust stretching lingering fingers toward them from the horizon. He watched, his eyes growing ever larger, as the first two buffalo ran into view. His breathing slowed and his heart barely dared to beat as what started as only two quickly exploded into a full herd. Seemingly hundreds of buffalo charged pass the catmen who watched them in silent awe, and when they were at last gone, it was JD whose quiet voice broke the silence. "Magnificent . . . " His brothers quickly agreed.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: