Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
521
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
13
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,414

Can I Kiss You?

Summary:

ah first kisses

Work Text:


Can I Kiss You?
by Hergerbabe

 

“Jesus, how many cars does that guy have?” Pete gasped.

“Huh?” Clark looked up and his heart flipped over in his chest. His best friend was leaning casually against a silver Viper. “Lex,” he whispered.

Clark realised Pete was frowning at him curiously but he didn’t care. Taking off at a jog, Clark headed for his friend. He dropped his backpack carelessly and pulled Lex into his arms, hugging him tightly. “Oh God, you’re okay!”

“Clark?!” Lex sounded startled, but slim, strong arms wrapped round him and hugged him back, and Clark sighed, burying his face in Lex’s neck. He felt Lex ease away and took a small step back, but kept his hands on his friend’s shoulders.

“God, I was so worried, Lex. Your secretary told me you’d collapsed and been rushed to Metropolis, but that was it. I tried to find out what was happening, but no one would tell me anything…” A gentle finger on his lips halted his babbling.

“Clark, it was just a concussion from Earl hitting me with his gun. I’m fine,” Lex was staring up at him, his expression a mixture of amusement, vague confusion and… and tenderness? Clark inhaled sharply, unconsciously slipping his hands up to cradle Lex’s head gently.

“Clark, what are you doing?” Lex’s voice sounded a little strangled.

“I, God, Lex. After nearly losing you, and then knowing you were hurt and I couldn’t do anything about it, I couldn’t bear it,” Clark whispered. He swallowed nervously, realising that he was risking his friendship, but seeing Lex again after so many days of worry, he had to say it, “Lex, I need to… can I kiss you?”

Clark was vaguely aware of someone gasping behind him and an unusual silence.

“Clark, we’re in front of your school,” Lex whispered, “Everyone is watching us.” Despite his words, Lex swayed closer, licking his lips and Clark swallowed again at the feel of hot breath ghosting over his mouth.

“I don’t care,” Clark whispered back, “Can I kiss you?”

“God, yes,” Lex groaned.

Clark tilted Lex’s head up and bent down, hesitantly pressing his lips against his friend’s mouth. With a moan, Lex surged up, wrapping his arms round his neck, parting his lips under Clark’s, tongue flickering out briefly.

Clark’s mouth opened and he slipped his tongue into sweet, wet warmth, his hands slipping down to Lex’s back to pull his friend up against his body. Lex’s lips moved over his softly and their tongues met and entwined together.

The strange silence was broken by a sudden whoop from behind him, followed by wolf whistles, cat calls and a round of applause. Clark pulled back reluctantly, with a last lap at Lex’s lips, feeling his face heat up.

“God, Clark, I…” Lex trailed off and gently stroked his neck. He glanced around Clark and cleared his throat. “Let’s get out of here.”

Clark nodded dumbly, a little embarrassed, but unable to prevent the small smile that played on his lips. He didn’t really care that practically everyone in school had just witnessed his first kiss with Lex. All that mattered was that Lex was okay, and that Lex had kissed him back.

 

the end