Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
900
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
1,027

Valentine's Challenge Response

Summary:

His car always froze up in the cold.

Work Text:

 

Valentine's Challenge Response
by James Logan Howlett

Remy LeBeau sat in his car, yelling and cursing in Creole.  Damn it he hated the cold.  His car always froze up in the cold.  The only thing that he liked about the cold was the beautiful, glistening snow.  Just like the stuff that freshly blanketed the New York scenery.

Sighing after another few cranks, he slammed his head against the headrest.  Stupid car.  Not that it was a bad car...but still.  Why, oh why did he have to get stuck on a deserted road...in New York. Knowing his luck he'd either get mugged or arrested or freeze to death if he stepped outside.

Opting for none of those options, he stayed in the car.  Looking at his cell, he bit his lip.  He'd be late to pick up his daughter. Damn it.  Dialing the number he'd saved under speed dial, he let it ring.  He was about to hang up when, on the third ring, Marie answered the phone.

"Hello? Remy, is that you?" she asked in a slightly annoyed voice.

"Oui...it's Remy.  Now...Before you start on me Marie, I know I have to pick Trin up but my car's frozen.  Won't start," he said, desperatly wishing that he hadn't quit smoking the month before.

"Fine.  Just..." she paused, sighing.  "Just call a cab and pick her up.  Ah don't care...as long as ya get here.  She's drivin' me nuts."

"Don't worry.  I'll get dere," he said, smirking slightly that his daughter was driving his ex-wife crazy.  "Call you later."

Hanging up, he closed his eyes.  Hopefully someone would drive by and stop.

Just as he thought that, Logan was driving down the road, a cigarette in his hand, window rolled down as he was listening to country music.  Whistling to the tune of the song, he bobbed his head and frowned when he saw a stalled car on the edge of the road.

Pulling over, he got out of the truck.  Looking in it, he raised his brow, wondering just how long the car had been sitting there.  God he hoped the man wasn't dead.

Knocking on the window, he damn near jumped when Remy screamed.

Remy started and jumped as he looked at the rugged man who had knocked on his window.  The man was kind of scary looking...but yet, at the same time...no...he couldn't be attracted to him.  Right?

Logan backed up a bit as Remy opened the door.  "Sorry ta scare ya bub...but ya looked like you were stuck.  Wanted ta see if I could help ya," he said before clearing his throat.

Remy stepped out and sighed with relief.  "T'ank you mon ami.  T'ank you.  Really.  Yes...my...my car won' start.  Was t'inkin' 'bout callin' a tow truck but I jus' needed ta take a rest."

Logan smiled and nodded.  "I think I can help ya with that," he said before walking over to the front of the car.  "Pop the hood would ya?"

Remy nodded and got into the car, popping the hood.  Stepping back out, he noticed the cigarette dangling from the man's lips. God...such kissable lips, he thought before shaking his head.  "Can I...bum one off of you?" he asked tentatively.

Logan smirked and threw Remy the pack.  "T'anks," he said before grabbing one from the pack and lighting it with his finger.  Taking a drag, he moaned softly.  God that felt good.  Logan raised a brow as Remy lit it and swallowed hard as Remy moaned.

Now normally Logan wasn't attracted to men, but damn it...the other man was a beauty.  "So what's yer name kid?"

Remy took another drag before answer.  "Remy.  Remy LeBeau," he said with a smile.

"Well Remy LeBeau, would you mind startin' the car?  So I can see what's wrong?"

Remy blushed slightly as he got into the car and cranked the engine. Not turning...again.

Logan nodded as he flipped the ash and took another drag.  "I got it," he said, sliding his claws out.  Tightening one thing, and tweaking another, he nodded.  "Try it again," he said as he looked up.

Remy nodded and turned the key.  The engine fired up and purred to life.

Logan and Remy both smiled.  Getting out of the car, Remy lowered his head.  "T'anks...I don' know how to repay you," he said.

Logan smirked and rubbed his hands on his ratty jeans.  "Just...maybe have lunch with me?"

"Lunch?" Remy asked with a raised brow.

"Yeah...lunch.  You just seem like an interesting person.  I know it might seem a bit presumtious, but I think that you and I might hit it off," he said with a shrug.

Remy smiled a bit and paused.  "Oui...alright.  Why not? Where you live at?"

"On West Chester," he said before smiling.  "It's the only house on that road...so yeah.  Just curious, but what's yer mutation?"

Remy swallowed hard.  God...please let this man not be another mutant hater, he thought, not having seen the claws come out of Logan's hands.

"Kinetic," he said softly.

Logan smiled.  "Cool.  Healin' factor," he said before nodding.  "SO...see you around noon?  Say on Saturday?"

Remy nodded and returned the smile.  "Oui.  Saturday's a good day."

end part 1
TBC