Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
211
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
20
Hits:
1,315

Where's Ash

Summary:

answer to everyday events challenge -- mattress shopping

Work Text:

“Make sure it’s comfortable,” Danny said excitedly.

Mickey walked into the living room and saw Danny sitting on the couch and talking on his cell phone. He tilted his head to the side and watched. He saw Danny sit forward with his elbows resting on his knees, his whole body tense.

Danny rolled his eyes. “Have you tested it?”

Mickey slid into the chair at the table next to Stacie, where they had an unobstructed view of Danny. “What’s going on?” he asked quietly.

Stacie sat back in her seat and smirked. “Not much.”

Danny bounced up and down. “Lay on it! Go on! That’s what you’re there for.”

Mickey mirrored Stacie’s position. “Who’s Danny talking to?”

Danny pouted. “I wanted to come but you said…”

“Ash,” Stacie whispered back.

“I would not.” Danny laughed suddenly. “Sounds good, but do you think it will stand the test?”

Mickey saw the feral glint in Danny’s eyes. He sighed heavily. “If this turns into phone sex, I’m leaving. They kept waking me up last night.”

Stacie nudged him. “They’re not quite there yet.”

“Thank the heavens for that,” Mickey muttered.

Stacie arched her eyebrows at him. “Why do you think I’ve started keeping earplugs next to my bed?”

Mickey chuckled. “Where is Ash anyway?”

Stacie squeezed Mickey’s arm and leaned in close to his ear. “Mattress shopping.”