Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
552
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,160

That's Just Not Cricket

Summary:

Category: ficlet that came about as a response to FB for someone's challenge fic

Work Text:

That's Just Not Cricket
by Hergerbabe

 

Ooooh you know, i kinda can :) I can just see Herc (Lord Hercules to you, Sir!) in his whites, stepping out onto the crease, sound of willow tapping the soil ::sighs:: then Joxer running up to bowl, it's the last ball of the over, he trips and the ball strikes Herc in the nuts bwahahahahahahahaha, much to the delight of his team captain and lover Lord Ares.  The Honourable Iolaus now takes the crease and it's young Viscount Strife's turn to bowl, and yorker! nearly takes Iolaus' head off *snicker* Not that anyone notices cos they are far too distracted by Lord Ares at 3rd slip busy molesting Joxer at 2nd slip hehe. His Grace, Duke Zeus takes offence at his son's actions but is prevented from running onto the field by his dear wife, who is very much enjoying the action, especially Lord Hercules' continued hobbling.

Strife gets the ball back from his cousin Lord Cupid with a highly suspect hug, okay grope. So they're cousins? You're allowed to marry your cousin here ya know :) (Okay so maybe not your male cousin but still)

Strife bowls again, but damn it, this time Iolaus strikes the ball and it heads off towards silly mid-on. Hercules and Iolaus start to run, but Jett has already made it to the ball, he throws it towards the wicket and into the safe hands of the wicket keeper young Baron Autolycus. But Hercules just comes in safe. Now Strife is bowling to Hercules and he grins at his uncle Ares, who nods, and still has his hand on Joxer's arse by the way, and how exactly is he supposed to catch anything with Ares doing that?!

Strife makes the short run and throws a nice fast spin, Hercules steps forward and *thwap(or whatever willow hitting leather sounds like anyway)* the ball flies into the air. Again Hercules and Iolaus start to run, but slowly, well after all Herc is still sore ;), but you can tell they're expecting a six or at least a four. Course they forgot about Lord Cupid's phenomenal jumping ability. He leaps into the air and HOOOOOWZZZZAAAAAAT???!!!!! Yes! The umpire raises his finger and Hercules is out! Hercules pouts, stamps his foot and flounces off, but nobody cares, they're all far too busy celebrating, good thing it's tea time, because there's no way anyone's prying Ares away from Joxer's arse, Strife and Cupid have disappeared into the trees and Jett and Autolycus are getting down and dirty right on the crease!

Zeus follows his youngest son with a flounce of his own and Her Grace the Lady Hera just chuckles as she watches her family enjoying the rare sunshine :)

 

end

So, how's that that then? hehe Hmmm okay, okay so yes i love cricket, sorry to all cos i guess most of you won't have a clue what that was all about (and yes silly mid on really is a term in cricket as is silly mid off hehe). Wasn't really answering the challenge either, i was envisaging a sort of Regency setting for that, hehe. Well i enjoyed it anyway, hope someone else gets a kick out of it :)