Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2004-08-25
Words:
5,244
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,321

First Time for Everything

Summary:

Summary: Spike steals a kiss and this is what happened next.
Note: Minor changes at site on part one. Xander still lives in basement. Takes place in season 4
Warnings: about season 4 just after "The I in Team"
Dedicated to:Shy and wonderful beta reader *G*(kyrieane) big smootchie and lots of thanks.
Declaimer: BtVS is owned by Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy,
WB and Fox. No infringement of any rights is intended.
Feedback: Would make my day. Yay!

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

First Time for Everything
by Lisa O.

 

"First time for everything." Spike muttered, searching the room for the person he'd come to see.

Xander slept on the couch, blankets clingy with the muggy heat, breath even and slow. Peaceful.

Spike's eyes narrowed as he glanced around. Xander had already told him not to come back and yet here Spike was, all the same. Like he'd ever listen to the boy or anyone else for that matter. Yeah, right.

"Just came to snag a few things of mine," Spike said, even as he knew that this was not true. He didn't have anything to pick up although he could still steal the lamp, or take the radio if he chose to do so. He fancied having music in his crypt and all he'd need was some batteries and he'd be set. What he really needed was electricity but that was something else and he was working on getting that soon as possible.

Spike slipped closer to Xander, moving as quietly as a shadow. He got around the table, meaning to pick up something to take but instead he ended up standing beside the couch, which doubled for Xander's bed. "Don't even know I'm here, do you, pet?"

Xander moved in his sleep, but he didn't wake up. He moaned softly, and Spike smiled, wondering what the dream might be. Something good? Maybe.

"Hmmm."

Spike smiled and then he startled unexpectedly. Without conscious thought, Spike found he had moved to hide behind a coat on the wall. Only afterward did he realize what he'd done. Frowning, he looked around, puzzling his actions out before the reasons came to mind. A sound; Spike was sure he'd heard some kind of a sound.

Frowning and then more glancing around, followed, but no one was there. Had he really heard a sound or was he just so nervous his mind was making up phantom trouble?

Hmm, maybe Xander's mum was walking about and she'd dropped something on the floor upstairs. Frowning, Spike glanced up, catching faint scuffling of someone walking from one room to another. Yes, that had to be all that he'd heard. Silly, really. Spike made a face at his jumpiness, shaking his head in annoyance.

Looking toward Xander, Spike crept out again before he glanced toward the door. He needed to go, really he needed to go. He shouldn't have come but he couldn't stay away. And he had something else to do really. Spike had a message to pass along. From Anya.

Anya, not surprised at seeing Spike on the basement stairs, told him of her plans to leave Sunnydale. Bolting past, she instructed the vampire to relay the message to Xander, then fled the house. As far as Spike knew, Xander and Anya really hadn't been together very long, but he knew Xander would be crushed by the news.

Spike shook his head, finding himself beside Xander's sleeping form again.. Xander had shifted and he was on his side looking so peaceful and tempting. Spike's hand moved out, not touching but tracing an imaginary shape over Xanders face that followed every line.

"Don't like you, bloody big boy," he said, but still Spike could not leave. He stood by the couch, watching and smiling faintly. If Xander knew what Spike knew, if he'd known what had happened in the past...well then he'd most likely want to kill the blond who hovered so close, wanting to touching Xander, close enough to do so much more.

"Spike, hmmm."

The vampire froze, in the middle of sitting down on the mattress' edge, caught off guard by the lustily sleep muttered word that was his own name. And there was something else and he did not know why he had not noticed this before. Lust. Spike could smell heated need and raw sexual scents coming from the boy in waves. He should have smelt this when he came into the room but he had been too distracted to notice. God, the smell was everywhere, or maybe Spike only felt that way because he was so close and it was all around him now.

 

"Just once," He heard himself saying, actually sitting down now and leaning ever closer as he wondered if he'd lost his mind. God, he hated Xander but he wanted to do this.

First time for everything.

And here Xander was, practically saying he wanted this too.

"That's right," Spike muttered. "I'm right here." then he was leaning over the sleeping form. Just once and then he'd be gone. Xander wouldn't know and he was so close now.

And the boy was suddenly awake.

Vampire and boy startled away from each other, both making a sound of surprise. Not fast enough, Spike knew but now the situation was changed. Now he had to deal with what came from his miserably failed action. He just hoped he could.

"Spike?" Confusion filled Xander's voice as he finished waking, groping around to find his composure. "What are you doing here?" The question came out angry and accusing and Spike was not sure how he should react. "You came to steal something again, didn't you?" Xander pushed himself to sitting and he was glaring at the blond.. His knees had been brought up to his chest with his hands crossed over the top in a defensive posture. "I swear Spike. If you think you can just waltz in my room and take whatever you want...well, forget it!"

Spike growled. Xander stopped for a second in surprise.

Now.

First Time for everything.

Spike nodded to himself and then he was moving because he had known he would do this the moment he had walked in ten minutes before. He had almost even known that Xander would wake and they would end up doing something as startling and surreal as what he was doing now, and it just felt completely right.

Spike kissed Xander. Not gently as he'd intended to do the fist time, but a full blown, 'I want you now and God you are sexy, and your girlfriend is gone so why not be mine?' kind of a way.

Xander did not kiss back. He did not pull away. In fact, Xander did not do anything. He just sat there, and Spike finished the act with the supreme expression of, *I did something naughty* before the vampire abruptly pulled back and smirked knowingly.

"You...you..."

"Hmm?" Spike was up again, a smooth movement that was leisurely despite the fact that he knew Xander was going to be truly pissed any moment now and perhaps there might even be some pain. "What? Can't talk. Cat got your tongue? What?"

"You kissed me. Spike! You..Kissed.... Me!" Xander was turning a bright, bright red and his delicious brown eyes had gone shockingly wide. "Oh my God. I can't believe you! You fucking kissed me!"

"Got that the first time, did you?" Spike chuckled and he decided that now was the time to be going. He had done what he wanted and there was nothing more...or at least not for now. Maybe later.

Stepping away, he scooted backward toward the door and then stopped because Xander looked as though he wanted to ask something or maybe just throw up a bit.

"Why did you do that? I'm not gay, you know! Jesus, Spike." Xander leaned back, hugging his legs close.

Spike smiled, knowing Xander was shaking, but he wanted to see what else he could find. The arousal was still there and despite Xander's anger, the scent had jumped a thousand fold, making Spike's head swim with need. He stuck his hands deep into his duster pocket, pulling the coat closed and thus covering the hardness that Xander was producing in him just by the smell of his desire.

"Why? Hmm..you know. I'm a vampire." Spike mentioned as he moved a little more away, getting close enough to the door so that one hand could slip out and he could grasp the handle and still not let Xander see what he was hiding. And if Xander had seen, what would he say? Maybe it would be best if they both did not know.

"Oh, and, in case you forgot it...I'm evil, pet."

Xander touched his mouth, eyes still round like plates and he seemed to be drooling. Was he drooling?

"What?" But not so bright, was he? "Because you're a vampire? What?"

"Yeah." Spike giggled and then pushed open the door before he added,

"And you know what they say. There's a first time for everything." And then he was out into the night, leaving Xander in confusion as the door was shut behind him.

TBC....