Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,346
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
22
Hits:
1,590

You Want Fries With That?

Summary:

This was inspired by a trip to Sacramento with Cath. We were driving down Fulton when we spotted a billboard. It said, 'Bacon avocado burger, are you trying to seduce me?' Hence the inspiration for this little ditty.

Work Text:

"You Want Fries With That?"


Murdock startled at the tap that came from his window. It wasn't all that unusual to have guests entering his room that way but the guys normally would call to warn him to get
ready for an upcoming mission. He was sure no one had sent him any signals.

"Hey, Murdock, you in there?" A voice called out from the window. "Help me get these damn things off. I brought you something."

The pilot jumped up and raced over. The voice belonged to his best friend, Face. God, how he wished Face would be more but there was no way that would be happening. Face was straight and way too much a ladies' man to ever be interested in a crazy pilot who called the psyche ward at the Westwood VA home.

"Face, what are you doing here?" Murdock finished pulling the heavy bars into the room. "I thought you had some big date." H.M. was proud that he kept the anger he was feeling out of his voice.

"I did, but ..."

"But? But what, Face?"

Face blushed and the former captain had never seen anything so cute in his life.

"I saw this advertised and I thought of you. I wanted you to have it. I can go out any old time with Carrie but I never seem to get to spend any time with you."

"Thanks. I'm sure I'm going to love it." Ha, thought Murdock, take that Carrie; Face wanted to spend time with him. It wasn't exactly what Murdock wanted but it was better
than nothing. He smiled at the white paper bag with red writing the conman handed to him. It was from Hamburger Heaven, his favourite fast food place. He opened it up and
inhaled the greasy aroma. It was the best thing next to Face's cologne.

Murdock sat on his bed and pulled over a table and started to unpack. "A double avocado and bacon burger. Are you trying to seduce me?"

"That depends."

"On what?" Murdock asked, his taste buds firing on all cylinders. He couldn't believe that Face had dumped a girl to bring him this culinary taste treat.

"Would it work?" Face waggled his eyebrows and gave the pilot his best come-hither look.

Murdock almost choked on a piece of the green fruit. "Oh, yeah. Most definitely." Murdock ran a french fry along Face's perfect lips and followed it with his tongue licking away the
salt.

He expected Face to turn away and run, but the former Green Beret reached around and pulled Murdock hard against his body and brought their mouths together in a powerful kiss

Murdock opened his mouth and coaxed Face's tongue inside. He felt a shiver run down his spine as Face mapped each tooth. He always knew it would be good between them but the sparks he was feeling were enough to cause instant combustion. He was afraid that the whole building might burn down.

"Face, I'm too hot. You're taking my breath away."

"You say that as if it were a bad thing, H.M." The gorgeous blond grinned as he reached for the hem of Murdock's t-shirt.

"No, Face." Murdock pulled away. "We can't."

Face dropped his hands as if burned. "Sorry, Murdock. This wasn't my intention. I just saw the ad on a billboard and thought of you. I'll be going."

Murdock grabbed Face and pulled him back to his side. "I didn't want to quit, but it's almost time for the nurses to be making their rounds and I didn't want them finding you
here. There are all those nurses around here with those black belts and they have no fear of using them."

Face looked relieved. "I was so worry I had ruined everything between us. H.M., I would never have risked our friendship if I didn't really care about you...a lot."

"I know that, Face. I like you a lot too."

Face got up and paced a few steps before standing in front of Murdock, his hands caressing the pilot's shoulders. "I mean, really like, Murdock. Not just as a friend, but more. Lots
more, and I need you to understand that I don't want some stupid fling. I love you."

Murdock had to strain to hear the last three words but he could feel his heart race. He placed his hands over Face's and stroked from the tip to the wrist. "How long have you felt
this way?"

"A long time. It's taken me a while to get the courage up to do anything. Actually, if you hadn't said something about the food, I probably would have chickened out and left without having said anything, again."

Murdock stood and wrapped his arms around Face's waist. "You do know that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, right?"

Face's blue eyes lit up. "Does that mean what I think it does?"

"You had better believe it. I love you too, Face. I have for a long time. I think maybe since 'Nam. I don't want a fling either. I want more. But since neither of us is in a position to
push our luck I'll settle for a long courtship."

"I think I can do that." Face placed his lips against Murdock's.
"Hmm, I think I can really get to like avocados."

"They are a very romantic fruit."

Face laughed. "They aren't the only ones. How about we make a break for it? I know a very quiet place we could go where we wouldn't have to worry about black belts. It has a
great view of the ocean. We could watch the stars."

"That sounds wonderful but I could think of better things to do instead of watching stars." Murdock leaned in and gave Face a mind-blowing kiss to make his point.

"I think I like your plan better." Face grabbed a few sheets and started to stuff the bed. After placing Murdock's ever-present baseball cap on top of the dummy, the conman took
his love's hand and headed for the window.

Face pulled up short before the window. "Are you sure this is what you want? I don't want you to feel any pressure."

"I'm under a lot of pressure." Murdock positioned the blond's hand over his hard crotch. "So I don't think you need to worry about me."

"Good. Let's go before someone figures out it's too quiet in this room."

Murdock watched Face's backside as he slipped out of the window. He had dreamed of being about to touch and hold that delectable ass for many years and now he had
permission to not only touch but to love. Some days dreams do come true.

"Face?" Murdock asked, taking the other man's hand as he hopped out of the window and into the small garden outside his window.

"What, love?"

The pilot smiled at the endearment. "I think I want to do some investing."

Face shook his head. He had been trying to convince Murdock that he should invest his share of the money the team made, but the pilot had been happy to buy toys and things for the other VA inmates.

"What do you want to invest in?"

"Avocado futures. I can see them going up real fast."

Face pulled the dark-haired man to him and gave him a full-mouth wet kiss and laughed. "I think you may be right. Now let's get these bars back and we can go and get started on
the demand."

Murdock held the bars while Face put the screws back in. Once done, the conman took his hand and headed towards the 'vette that would have been hidden away. As he walked,
Murdock knew that no matter what happened in the future he and Face would be safe.


The End