Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
575
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
804

Interesting Start

Summary:

Jean-Paul felt the warm feeling of seeing Bobby expand in his chest..

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Interesting Start
by amorphous

Jean-Paul felt the warm feeling of seeing Bobby expand in his chest when Bobby was so excited to see him. It was one thing for Jean-Paul to be happy to see a man – a handsome man at that – but it was another for that man, who had known no interest in him previously, to be just as happy to see him. There was a big, handsome grin on his face as Bobby ran over to greet Jean-Paul. Jean-Paul had just arrived a few moments before, invited to teach at the Institute by Professor X. Despite being on good terms with everyone at the Institute he hadn't expected quite a warm welcome, especially from Bobby.

Bobby offered to show him around, easily wanting though the maze of hallways and rooms that was the mansion later that night. Jean-Paul feigned forgetfulness at the mansion's layout, letting Bobby lead the way and enjoying the company as he walked beside the other man. Their conversation was effortlessly, drifting from topic to topic in an easy flow. Bobby seemed honestly interested when he asked about what Jean-Paul had been up to since they last spoke, and Jean-Paul was just as interested in what Bobby had been up to in their time apart. Catching up on old times quickly was no longer needed and the topics shifted once again in a comfortable ease.

It seemed so easy, like they were truly old friends and had known each other forever. And they were friends. It wasn't hard to be Bobby's friend, but Jean-Paul was naïve either. He knew that he was attracted to Bobby, and it was impossible to deny it to himself. There was no reason to deny it. Jean-Paul's blood ran hot around Bobby, his heartbeat quickening; his sharp tongue dulled by nervousness in Bobby's mere presence which was a feat not many other people, even men, could achieve.

When Bobby was captivated with explaining new features in the Danger Room that had been installed since his last visit, Jean-Paul let his eyes travel down the other man's body. It wasn't a lie to say that Bobby was handsome. He was built, in shape from all his work and training as a hero as part of the X-Men. His face was almost always lit up with joy in the simple things; a casual grin almost a constant feature in midst the man's attractive features. The angles on his face soft yet masculine at the same time, and it was a combination that Jean-Paul found himself appreciating.

There was a child-like quality to Bobby's icy blue eyes. Jean-Paul couldn't help but note that the color was befitting for the man of ice. Those eyes, those two blue orbs, showed his soul: icy and humorous. They can be cold if Bobby allowed them to be, but Bobby's easy-going attitude allowed them to be light and amused most of the time instead. Their chilly glare had never been directed to Jean-Paul personally, but he has witnessed Bobby unleashing it on others. It was not something Jean-Paul wanted to see and, lease of all, be the victim of.

Bobby was a fighter. In every way possible.

Folding his arms across his chest and leaning back against the control panel, he grinned and Bobby, who only then turned to him. Teaching here will be very interesting, Jean-Paul thought, a delightful interest running through him as he looked at his friend.

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author amorphous.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.