Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,581
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
6
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,259

Life Sucks 2 Coming Out

Summary:

Cupid sat on the couch despondently.

Work Text:

Coming Out
by Hergerbabe

Cupid sat on the couch despondently. Maybe he should feel a little more excited that his parents were coming home. After all, he hadn't seen them for over three months. But to be honest, those three months had been the best in his life. For the first time in two years, he'd been able to spend more time with his boyfriend than just the odd snatched moment at school or the occasional evening.

He'd never really understood why his parents were *so* uptight and strict with him. He'd broached the subject of going out occasionally on more than one occasion with them in the past, but they weren't even interested in listening to him. As far as they were concerned, he went to school, he went to football practice and games, and that was it. Any other time he was to be at home, working or studying, no discussions.

That's why being left with his grandfather had been such a dream come true. He'd come out to his pops pretty much as soon as he'd realised he was gay, his pops had been really cool about it too. And when Cupid had asked if he'd minded him moving in with his boyfriend for the duration, his pops had just laughed and said no problem, after congratulating him on pulling the wool over his parents' eyes for so long.

But things probably wouldn't have changed, except for the fact that Cupid had come out to the whole school at the Spring Dance, after not being able to stand hurting Strife with the secrecy any longer. Which meant, Cupid was going to have to have a talk with his parents.

He'd been home for two days, helping his pops sort out the house. Cupid couldn't quite believe the mess one old guy had made in three months! But after spending so much unlimited time with Strife, Cupid missed him desperately already. Despite an incredibly hot session on the phone that morning.

Cupid grinned to himself and shifted on the chair as the memory caused his groin to tighten. "Oh baby, I wish you were here," he whispered.

He really did, even though it would probably make things harder with his parents, he wished Strife was there for moral support.

"Who are you talking to, son?"

Cupid looked up, he'd been so lost in thought, he hadn't even heard his parents get in. He stood hurriedly and walked over to them. "Just myself," he replied quietly as he held out his hand to his father for a solemn handshake. Mr Love frowned at him.

"Hello, dear," Mrs Love offered her cheek and Cupid bent down and pecked it briefly.

"Hello, mom. Did you have a nice trip?" he asked.

"Yes, dear, very pleasant," she replied. "Where's my father?"

"Oh, I think he's taking a nap," Cupid said quickly, his pops had not wanted to see his daughter and son-in-law straight away.

"Well, why don't we sit and you can tell us your news," Mr Love suggested. Cupid licked his lips nervously and nodded, following his parents back to the couches. He sat down opposite them.

"Well, Cupid, dear?" his mother prompted.

"Well, uh, I got the grades I was expecting, and I got the football scholarship," Cupid started. His father nodded approvingly and his mother made appropriate noises. Cupid resisted the urge to roll his eyes. "I, uh, I guess I should tell you I got in some trouble this semester though."

His father straightened in his seat and frowned. "Trouble?"

"Yeah, I got suspended for two weeks," at the look on his father' face, Cupid hurried to continue, "But it didn't go on my permanent record."

"And what, exactly, did you do to get a two week suspension?"

Cupid shivered at his father's icy tone. "I was kissing at the Spring Dance..."

"Kissing? Who could you possibly be kissing?" his mother interrupted him, "You aren't seeing any girls!"

"Uh, no, not exactly," Cupid tried again.

"Not exactly what?" his father fumed.

"Well, I've been seeing someone," Cupid cleared his throat nervously,"For, for two years now."

"Two years?" his mother turned pale with shock.

"You've been lying and sneaking around for two years?!" his father stood up and stalked towards him. Cupid sank back in the chair. "I'm assuming, since you never bothered to ask us if you could see her, or tell us about her at all that she is not of the best character?"

Cupid bristled and sat back up, glaring back at his father. "You assume wrong! He's sweet, kind, loving, faithful and hilariously funny, and I love him."

"He?" his mother whispered, "HE?!" she shrieked.

"You will apologise to your mother, then you will go to your room,phone this, this pervert who has corrupted you and tell him you're never seeing him again. Then you are grounded until college, do I make myself clear?!" his father roared at him.

"No," Cupid shook his head, "For once *you* are going to listen to*me*!" He stood up and poked his father in the chest angrily. "All my life, I've tried to live up to your expectations. Was it really too much to ask for a normal life? As for sneaking around, what did you expect?! I have asked you time and again for some leeway, but you never even talk about it, you just dismiss it out of hand.

"As for some pervert corrupting me, number one, I've known I was gay since I was thirteen, and you can ask pops if you don't believe me, "Cupid saw his mother blanch, " And two, Strife is younger than me, if anyone was doing any corrupting, it was me! Now I got good grades, I got my scholarship, what more can you ask from me? Can't you even try to be understanding, are you even going to ask to meet him?"

Cupid waited, staring first at his father, who looked as though he was about to have an apoplectic fit, then at his mother who was very pale.He got no answer. "No, I didn't think so," he sighed and shook his head. Mr Love shook himself out of his shock and Cupid raised an eyebrow at him. "So, what now?"

"Now, I talk, and you," his father slapped him, Cupid sat down,clutching his cheek in shock, "You, will listen! You either stop seeing this boy, or you leave this house and never come back, understand that?!"

Cupid blinked, "But, dad..."

"No buts, I will not have a faggot son, that is final!" Mr Love turned away.

Taking a deep breath, Cupid stood up, holding back tears as he looked at his mother and she turned away from him. "Fine, can I at least pack my things?"

His father stiffened, "No, you can send for them later, when we're not here. Get out."

Cupid hugged his arms around his chest and cleared his throat, "Okay."He took a last look at his parents, who steadfastedly refused to look at him, and then he walked out of the house, grabbing his jacket on the way. He stuck his hands deep in his pockets and walked down to the road trying to hold back tears.

"Cupie?"

Cupid looked up, "Baby? What are you doing here?" he smiled and let Strife wrap his arms round him.

"Just, you know, wanted to be here, in case you needed me," Strife replied.

"Oh, baby," Cupid dropped his head on Strife's chest, his eyes tearing up for a different reason, "Thank you. I always need you."

"It didn't go well then, love?" Strife stroked his hair gently. Cupid shook his head and sighed as Strife held him closer. "What happened?"

"They refused to listen, as always. They gave me an ultimatum, you or them," Cupid felt Strife tense slightly, "Baby, I'm outside with only my jacket to my name, who do you think I chose?" Strife's breath hitched and Cupid pulled back in concern, "Strife?"

"I just, I, oh love, are you sure?" Strife's eyes shone slightly.

"Of course I'm sure. I love you, you know that," Cupid cupped Strife's cheek gently.

"Yeah, I know, but your folks, I mean. Oh, Cupie, are you okay?" Strife hugged him close again.

"Yeah, I think so," Cupid nodded against Strife's neck. Then he liftedhis head and whispered in Strife's ear, "I'll be even better if youtake me home and to bed."

Strife lifted his head and stared into his eyes, then he grinned slowly. He leaned forward and Cupid closed his eyes as his boyfriend kissed him softly. He moaned and leaned into Strife, gently urging his lover's mouth open with his tongue. Strife deepened the kiss enthusiastically and his hands slipped down to Cupid's ass.

A roar from the house made them jump apart. Cupid looked back to see his father heading towards them shouting. He blinked rapidly then quickly took Strife's hand. "Let's go!" Strife nodded and they ran down the street to Strife's car.

As Strife drove, Cupid stared at him.

"What is it, Cupe?" Strife glanced at him.

"Do you think ‘Res, ‘Ris and Jox will mind yet another addition?"Cupid asked hesitantly.

"Hell, no! Come on, after all this time? ‘Sides, ‘Res has got Jox and Auto practically lives there too," Strife chuckled.

"Yeah, I guess," Cupid sighed and leaned over to rest his head on Strife's shoulder. "I love you, baby."

"I know," Strife pulled up in the driveway, "Welcome home, love."

Cupid smiled and kissed him gently, "Thanks, baby."

 

The End