Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
578
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
20
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
3,124

A Rockefeller Christmas

Summary:

Danny loved skating at Rockefeller Center.

Work Text:

A Rockefeller Christmas
by Sam-Tony

 
 
Danny loved skating at Rockefeller Center.  He loved the ice, the crowds…just the sheer diversity of people that came around the holidays just to skate on the famous spot, surrounded by the humongous Christmas tree lit in multi-colored splendor, the flags and buildings of 5th Avenue that just screamed PROMINENT NEW YORK!.
 
To Danny, nothing said ‘Christmas in New York’ more than the buildings, tree, lights and the people of Rockefeller Center.
 
Looking up at the shout of his name, Danny smiled and waved up at Flack, canting right to grab a bench near the fountain to take off his skates.  He hadn’t realized he had spent so much time on the ice.  If Don were here, Mac shouldn’t be too far behind and Danny found himself looking forward to a last minute, frantic and completely chaotic shopping spree downtown.  Fifth Avenue may be great for people watching, but if Danny wanted to buy more than one gift tonight - and he still had Hawkes, Adam and Linds to buy for - he would need a neighborhood a little less rich for the blood.
 
“Yo Messer!  You about ready to go?”
 
“Yeah yeah, don’t get your panties in a bunch,”  Danny threw upward the couple of stories to the street.  Looking up, he smirked at the finger Flack threw back.  “Mac here yet?”
 
“What?”
 
Snickering now, he waved away the reply and started on his way up the steps, carrying his skates in their bag over his shoulder.  Hard to hear in the noise and chaos of the Christmas Eve crowd anyway.
 
The air up on the street seemed warmer and more in motion than down in the well of the rink, though as the light exertion of skating got leeched away in the wind cutting through the buildings, Danny zipped up his coat and dug his scarf out from one of his pockets.  He wasn’t the only one wearing them, either; everywhere he looked, men and women alike sported all manner and colors of scarves, hats and gloves to go along with their winter coats.
 
Making his way to his lover, Danny smiled to see the sheer number of people, couples and families walking the streets decorated with garlands and wreaths and lit with all manner of lights and candles shining out through the windows of businesses both open and already closed for the night.  Maybe later he would tempt his lovers back down on the ice before the rink closed at midnight.  
 
The smile grew as he spotted Don waiting a little bit away, dark head bent and still towering over the mother and three kids that had obviously stopped to ask the nice detective directions.  
 
Maybe after they finished shopping and after the horse-drawn carriage ride that Mac didn’t think they knew about, he could coax them back up to Rockefeller.  The carriage would let them back off at 49th and the ten blocks back up to the center could be used for more people watching.  If the weather forecast held out they may even get snow by midnight.
 
Reaching Flack and slipping a quick hand in his back pocket, Danny grinned at the startled jump that preceded the admonishing glare.  Being able to indulge in two of his favorite past times, while spending Christmas Eve with his lovers before going home to what was sure to be an exhausting night - even *after* they wrapped the rest of the gifts they bought tonight…
 
What more could a man want for Christmas?
 

End